What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 2015 Team

Pazza

First Grade
I think Pazza is right, assuming Taka is not a lot fitter for action than he seems.

That is the only reason I didn't pick him. He seems to have had issues with injury during the preseason.

Let's pray that Champion stays healthy, we are awefully thin on quality outside backs.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Hoppa
Semi
Crooks or Takarangi
Champion
Robinson
Norman
Sandow
Mannah
De Gois
Lussik
Mau
Moeroa
Watmough

Peats
Gower
Jnr Paulo
Pauli

eels_fan

First Grade
Seems to be some articles going around about team list announcements being reverted back to Tuesday (before they even moved to Wednesday). Anyone seen anything concrete about this?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
No point not picking Joe Paulo as we all know he will 100% be there

Our defence in containing and shutting down DCE and Foran is critical if we are to win this game. De Gois and Peats are there to shut both of them down real fast. Give them no space. Saw enough evidene in the Penrith trial that we have two awesome speedy axemen who can both chop down and really hurt DCE and Foran. Our attack will then outpoint Moanly. We don't need Joseph Paulo in this game. De Gois brings a much faster and better attacking defence as we know Peats does to. We need speedy efficient defenders to shut down operating space for Foran and DCE to operate = bingo we win the game. Then we have Tepai, Mau, and Whatmough ready to hurt in defence if DCE or Foran manage to slip around Peats/De Gois.

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
Don't disagree Casper, but we all know he'll be there, imo at the expense of De Gois on the bench

whall15

Coach
1. Hopoate
2. Radradra
3. Champion
4. Takarangi
5. Robinson
6. Norman
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. de Gois
10. Lussick
11. Ma'u
12. Moeroa
13. Watmough

14. Peats
15. Ju. Paulo
16. Pauli
17. Gower

bartman

Immortal
I don't think anyone's quite covered this prediction... Morgan to get a spot ahead of a recovering Taka, and De Gois in the mix alongside a recovering Peats, with Pauli not yet in the top 17.

Hopoate
Radradra
Morgan
Champion
Robinson
Norman
Sandow
Mannah
De Gois
Lussick
Watmough (playing middle)
M'au
Moeroa

Jr Paulo
Gower
Sef Paulo
Peats

The bench looks a bit "light", but our starting back row can pretty much each do 80mins if required.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't think anyone's quite covered this prediction... Morgan to get a spot ahead of a recovering Taka, and De Gois in the mix alongside a recovering Peats, with Pauli not yet in the top 17.

Hopoate
Radradra
Morgan
Champion
Robinson
Norman
Sandow
Mannah
De Gois
Lussick
Watmough (playing middle)
M'au
Moeroa

Jr Paulo
Gower
Sef Paulo
Peats

The bench looks a bit "light", but our starting back row can pretty much each do 80mins if required.

Yeah that is the side I reckon will be picked except peats starts. But by round 2 or 3 brad t will take Morgan's spot and while peats is fully fit Issac may be replaced by pauli.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Swap Sef Paulo for Pauli Pauli too. If Pauli doesn't play then we have a bench full of middle forwards, need to throw Pauli in there so we have someone who can play (and has trained on the edges) this year. He'll also have some good opportunities against the smaller Manly forwards.

T.S Quint

Coach
Haven't the Eels said that Taka will be right to play in round 1?
Are you blokes calling them liars?

Do we have anyone in the lower grades with some spark out of dummy half to get Peats a 15 rest a game? IDG was a good fill in last year but offers nothing off the bench IMO.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
We'll probably end up with greater attack at dummy half with both IDG and Peats in co-op, both can lead the defensive line speed and each are apt at a lazy marker scoot. I've come around to the benefits of having both guys in top flight in theory, hope it plays out that way.

Joely01

Bench
Do we have anyone in the lower grades with some spark out of dummy half to get Peats a 15 rest a game? IDG was a good fill in last year but offers nothing off the bench IMO.

Pritchard would be the ideal man for what you are saying, But he is out.

But I reckon IDG will offer spark if its for a 20 min burst.