What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Starting Team for me

Isaac A

Juniors
(Barring Injury)
1 D EDWARDS
2 B TO’O
3 S CRICHTON
4 I TAGO
5. C STAINES
6 J LUAI
7 N CLEARY
8 M LEOTA
9 A KOROISAU
10 JFH
11 V KIKAU
12 L MARTIN
13 I YEO

14 J SALMON (Can Cover 1,3,4,6,7,9,13)
15 J HOPGOOD
16 S SORENSEN
17 S LENIU
18th Man M KENNY

Big Mick

Referee
I'm going with what I hope for:

1. Edwards, 2. To'o, 3. Crichton, 4. Jenkins, 5. Staines/May, 6. Luai, 7. Cleary, 8. Leota, 9. Api, 10. JFH, 11. Kikau, 12. Martin, 13. Yeo
14. Kenny, 15. Sorensen, 16. Leniu, 17. Tago

Iamback

Coach
I'm going with what I hope for:

1. Edwards, 2. To'o, 3. Crichton, 4. Jenkins, 5. Staines/May, 6. Luai, 7. Cleary, 8. Leota, 9. Api, 10. JFH, 11. Kikau, 12. Martin, 13. Yeo
14. Kenny, 15. Sorensen, 16. Leniu, 17. Tago

That looks to have more strike. If we could find a centre during the pre season and can play Tago in the pack we are going to be very strong

Kilkenny

Coach
Ideally, we need Lindsay and J’Maine to kick on leaps and bounds in 2022, they both have significant upside, but I wouldn’t write off Chris Smith jagging a bench spot either if he stays healthy, he is a decent bench option at his best.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m not sure we are blessed with creativity, but at the same time a few smokies from the junior ranks could potentially emerge sooner rather than later.

Iamback

Coach
I’m not sure we are blessed with creativity, but at the same time a few smokies from the junior ranks could potentially emerge sooner rather than later.

Capewell didn't have much but he was able to do enough. look at the footwork in the Storm game in Round 3 or his try v Souths in Dubbo. I don't see any of that yet and will need it in the big games

Original Name

Juniors
1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Tago
4. Crichton
5. May
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. FIsh
9. Api
10. Leota
11. Sorenson
12. Martin
13. Yeo
14. Salmon (or maybe train Sunia Turuva at hooker/at five eight)
15. Kikau
16. Leniu
17. Hop'good
18 . Mitch Kenny
Capewell didn't have much but he was able to do enough. look at the footwork in the Storm game in Round 3 or his try v Souths in Dubbo. I don't see any of that yet and will need it in the big games
Capewell wasn't flash in the gf or against Storm. When it really he mattered made a difference through being gritty.

Bob

Juniors
1 Edwards
2 To’o
3 Crichton
4 Tago
5. May
6 Luai
7 Cleary / O'Sullivan
8 Leniu
9 KoroisauI
10 JFH
11 Sorenson
12 Martin
13 Yeo

14 Leota
15 Hopgood
16 Kikau
17 Smith / Blacker (whoever has best pre season)
Leota to start on the bench for 1 reason to prevent 20min changover and have 2 rookie props on at the same time
Pairing Fish and Spencer and Leota with Smith / Blacker because I dont want to see Eisenhuth used unless absolutely necessary

Kilkenny

Coach
1 Edwards
2 To’o
3 Crichton
4 Tago
5. May
6 Luai
7 Cleary / O'Sullivan
8 Leniu
9 KoroisauI
10 JFH
11 Sorenson
12 Martin
13 Yeo

14 Leota
15 Hopgood
16 Kikau
17 Smith / Blacker (whoever has best pre season)
Leota to start on the bench for 1 reason to prevent 20min changover and have 2 rookie props on at the same time
Pairing Fish and Spencer and Leota with Smith / Blacker because I dont want to see Eisenhuth used unless absolutely necessary
Matt Eusinhuth did a pretty decent job when called upon in 2021.

Much maligned in many ways, certainly performed better than he was given credit for.

Ideally, he remains a back up and not first choice in our top 17 but at the same time he almost always does the job asked off him.

Iamback

Coach
1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Tago
4. Crichton
5. May
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. FIsh
9. Api
10. Leota
11. Sorenson
12. Martin
13. Yeo
15. Kikau
16. Leniu
17. Hop'good
18 . Mitch Kenny

Capewell wasn't flash in the gf or against Storm. When it really he mattered made a difference through being gritty.

We were busted in the gf though. Cleary couldn't pass. Critter on the wing and Edwards that attacks that side was gone.

Across the 2 seasons though have lost very few games at full strength. If we can find like for like replacements for those we lost then we will go very well

1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Tago
4. Crichton
5. May
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. FIsh
9. Api
10. Leota
11. Sorenson
12. Martin
13. Yeo
15. Kikau
16. Leniu
17. Hop'good
18 . Mitch Kenny

Original Name

Juniors
We were busted in the gf though. Cleary couldn't pass. Critter on the wing and Edwards that attacks that side was gone.

Across the 2 seasons though have lost very few games at full strength. If we can find like for like replacements for those we lost then we will go very well
You say the flashy stuff is something we needed. How much do regular season games throughout the year really matter though? Does it really matter that much to lose an extra game or two and finish 3rd instead of equal 1st? All we need to do is get through them in top 4 to get to where it matters. It's not like Button doing flashy line breaks, stepping people he was doing throughout the regular season won us games during the finals. It was his defence that was more important.

And when it really mattered we didn't need it to win. We continue to defend and we'll continue to be around the top 4 and from there the finals is a different comp. Most teams statically don't win the comp from first position anyway.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
You say the flashy stuff is something we needed. How much do regular season games throughout the year really matter though? Does it really matter that much to lose an extra game or two and finish 3rd instead of equal 1st? All we need to do is get through them in top 4 to get to where it matters. It's not like Button doing flashy line breaks, stepping people he was doing throughout the regular season won us games during the finals. It was his defence that was more important.

And when it really mattered we didn't need it to win. We continue to defend and we'll continue to be around the top 4 and from there the finals is a different comp. Most teams statically don't win the comp from first position anyway.

I mentioned Round 3
We don't win in Bathurst without the 2 flashy tries
Souths at Suncorp those Momo kicks

Kikau put Burton away v Roosters up there. Ended up being the difference.

Only takes dropping a game or 2 especially v a top team. To cost a home final or possibly Top 4

Defence is key but if you are too predictable the good teams will bury you

Latest posts