What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 team:

franklin2323

Immortal
That pack won't create too much in attack but in defence will do a job. That will change when Peachey & Seg come on.

NYC will struggle big time far too many players out.

abpanther

Staff member
Hey peeps,

Heading down for this one with the family (well leaving the 11 month old at home but bringing the other two), looking forward to it

Just wanted some advice on after game dining. Was thinking of making a 7pm booking for dinner either at the Outback Steakhouse or one of the dining options at Panthers (http://penrith.panthers.com.au/dining/), just wanted to get some recommendations as to which place has the best food and is kid friendly? Haven't spent much time in Panthers

Thanks in advance

Bob

Juniors
Hey peeps,

Heading down for this one with the family (well leaving the 11 month old at home but bringing the other two), looking forward to it

Just wanted some advice on after game dining. Was thinking of making a 7pm booking for dinner either at the Outback Steakhouse or one of the dining options at Panthers (http://penrith.panthers.com.au/dining/), just wanted to get some recommendations as to which place has the best food and is kid friendly? Haven't spent much time in Panthers

Thanks in advance
Personally I would go to Outback Jacks (Near Coles) as they have play station or xbox (not sure which) set up for kids, or if your budget conscious head up Mulgoa road a bit and there is a Rashays

franklin2323

Immortal
just wanted to get some recommendations as to which place has the best food and is kid friendly

I would do Spurs in Panthers carpark. Has a kids room. Good food you can park at the club go to the game. When you leave crowds cleared up.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeo is an interesting choice. I rate him as a backrower runs great lines. Decent speed... Not sure he's a centre long term this is a good way to blood him. Much rather that then Brown or someone we have great kids... Lets use them. If he's garbage Idris is back round 2 anyway. Good selection

chrisD

Coach
He's a second rower and he can't have played more than a handful of games at centre last season, it's stupid.

franklin2323

Immortal
He's a second rower and he can't have played more than a handful of games at centre last season, it's stupid.

Yeah but with Roberts, Nabuli, Jennings and I dread to say it Wes out there's not really many options. He wasn't shown up as being slow in the 9's so that's the main thing really

The Teach

Juniors
With the experience of Simmo outside him, Yeo is definitely a risky yet potentially inspired choice. It might be that they start with Lewis brown in the centres with Peachey in the back row and bring Yeo into the game when Ivan sees fit.

chrisD

Coach
DWZ and Naiqama are fit, they're outside backs, DWZ is a sure future first grader and Naiqama has played first grade, Yeo isn't a sure thing future first grader, is a back rower (or at least was last season and looked a comfortable fit there) and would be on debut. Makes no sense.

I wonder if Cartwright was fit if he'd be the one on stand by.

ACTPanthers

Bench
He played in the backline in the Nines and looked pretty good - Naiqama hasn't exactly set the world on fire with his performances in the Panthers Jersey yet so I dont know about him - DWZ will be brilliant, just not sure he's ready for 1st grade as yet

Anyway, footy is back tonight and I, for one, am EXCITED!!

Big Mick

Referee
Chris...DWZ needs time in NSW cup rather than just throwing him into First Grade straight up in a position he hasn't trained in...that'd just be silly.

Naiqama is a winger...where would u play him? Who would u play at centre? Naiqama?

Yeo has trained the pre-season at centre and reportedly has trained well in that position.

So you'd rather play a kid out of position on debut or a recruit out of position rather than a guy who has been training at that position?

If Cartwright or VTK were fit i would imagine you are right that they would be on Stand By...with Lewis Brown shifting to the centres.

franklin2323

Immortal
Naiqama is a winger...where would u play him? Who would u play at centre? Naiqama?

I would play Naiqama wing Simmons in the centre where he's played a bit or even Smith if they weren't sure of Yeo. I see DWZ as a potential great centre atm he's only played wing in NYC to move him in to 1st grade in a new position is crazy

I would back him in a foot race in fact Yeo would be close to our fastest back we have on Saturday. Give him a game or 2 here. Hopefully we get backs back soon he can go in the pack where he belongs and comeback.

mxlegend99

Referee
Personally im happy for Yeo to get a run and would like to see him at centre before Brown. He has some pace for a big fella and looked good in the 9's. He and RCG were both impressive. Plus its only for one game, good to blood him early and let him know what to expect later on if he is needed.

chrisD

Coach
Chris...DWZ needs time in NSW cup rather than just throwing him into First Grade straight up in a position he hasn't trained in...that'd just be silly.

Yeo has trained the pre-season at centre and reportedly has trained well in that position.

So you'd rather play a kid out of position on debut or a recruit out of position rather than a guy who has been training at that position?

If Cartwright or VTK were fit i would imagine you are right that they would be on Stand By...with Lewis Brown shifting to the centres.

Either would be better at centre than giving a back rower their first grade debut in the outside backs, that's just geniused and only happens because of Cleary's back rower fetish. But Simmons at centre and DWZ on the wing would be our best bet.

Why is Cleary even big on Yeo? Yeah he looked pretty good generally but no better than the rest of the pack, maybe he was the third best back rower behind Cartwright and Dunley but not by any great margin. He didn't look special to the degree that you'd be pushing him into first grade.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
It really boggles the mind seeing people suggest that DWZ should be rushed into our FG squad

Latest posts