What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 team:

MaxPower

Juniors
And DWZ would only be considered for fg as a winger atm. Go figure.

You know what the coaching staff are considering now? Then why are you so shocked Yeo is getting a go at centre? You should have seen this coming.

mxlegend99

Referee
Pretty sad that supposed supporters cant even support one of our Under 20's players getting a run in first grade because they think a fullback/winger would be a better replacement for an injured centre (who has played second row) then another centre/second rower.

Maybe the game plans adapt better to using Yeo. We might be counting on size in the centres. At any rate, if he plays i'll be cheering him on. He had an impressive 9's and looks like he could be above average for us in first grade.

Abacus

Juniors
Agreed MX.

Pretty sure Yeo was recruited from the bush as a centre but given his size and a couple of other very good centre options, he was shifted to the 2nd row - often from the bench where he could also cover centre if necessary.

Anyway, bring on tomorrow and if he does get a run I think he'll do the job.

Big Mick

Referee
Pretty sad that supposed supporters cant even support one of our Under 20's players getting a run in first grade because they think a fullback/winger would be a better replacement for an injured centre (who has played second row) then another centre/second rower.

Maybe the game plans adapt better to using Yeo. We might be counting on size in the centres. At any rate, if he plays i'll be cheering him on. He had an impressive 9's and looks like he could be above average for us in first grade.

There is always something to whinge about...

franklin2323

Immortal
To be fair to Chris I usually complain about this sort of stuff...

Though with a whole NSW Cup backline out:

Moss.
Nabuli.
Wes.
Roberts.
Jennings

Add Blake to that. It's not like we are flush with options. Yeo has played only centre in the trials probably due to the injuries

nevertheless he is one of the dozen or so from NYC that look like good prospects. So I can't complain him getting a go.

betcats

Referee

Nah mate, picking Yeo is stupid, the coach is stupid, the reason he picked him over DWZ is because hes stupid and loves backrowers there is no other reason why Yeo would be picked :sarcasm:

betcats

Referee
Do people not consider that the coaching staff know the team and the players a shitload better then we do, sure they might make the odd mistake in their selections or rentention but its a whole lot less mistakes then any of us would make in their position.

Im not saying we cant complain about things but dont throw your toys out of the cot and start bagging the coach because we are debuting Yeo instead of DWZ(if it even happens), its f**king ridiculous.

franklin2323

Immortal
Do people not consider that the coaching staff know the team and the players a shitload better then we do, sure they might make the odd mistake in their selections or rentention but its a whole lot less mistakes then any of us would make in their position.

Im not saying we cant complain about things but dont throw your toys out of the cot and start bagging the coach because we are debuting Yeo instead of DWZ(if it even happens), its f**king ridiculous.

DWZ should play...When we have a wing spot available until then he needs to stay in Lower grades

betcats

Referee
DWZ should play...When we have a wing spot available until then he needs to stay in Lower grades

I agree he should play some FG this year, i'd even be happy for him to be picked for this week, im also happy for Yeo to be picked.

We have so many players looking to get into that FG side especially the outside backs, we arent always going to get the players we want picked when a spot opens up.

chrisD

Coach
Are we not debuting a rookie? I don't care who it's a rookie let it continue

Well I care we're set to debut a solid NYC forward in the backline, it's weird shit that should be questioned.

You know what the coaching staff are considering now? Then why are you so shocked Yeo is getting a go at centre? You should have seen this coming.

Yes, I know the coaches are not currently considering debuting DWZ in fg at fullback given his recent football, I'm telepathic that way.

Nah mate, picking Yeo is stupid, the coach is stupid, the reason he picked him over DWZ is because hes stupid and loves backrowers there is no other reason why Yeo would be picked :sarcasm:

What is with this eager rimming of do no wrong Cleary? He f**ked up with Whare at fullback and holding Moylan back which probably cost us a finals position yet questioning where and in what position he's playing players has the clowns rushing out of the woodwork like the hive is under attack. Despite however much those of you with delicate sensibilities would like it to be, this website is not an echo chamber of high fives and pats on the back.

MaxPower

Juniors
Look at you, defending your opinion like you actually care what we think. Don't be so sensitive Nancy. It's nothing personal, i just think you are a dumbass.

betcats

Referee
Well I care we're set to debut a solid NYC forward in the backline, it's weird shit that should be questioned.

Yes, I know the coaches are not currently considering debuting DWZ in fg at fullback given his recent football, I'm telepathic that way.

What is with this eager rimming of do no wrong Cleary? He f**ked up with Whare at fullback and holding Moylan back which probably cost us a finals position yet questioning where and in what position he's playing players has the clowns rushing out of the woodwork like the hive is under attack. Despite however much those of you with delicate sensibilities would like it to be, this website is not an echo chamber of high fives and pats on the back.

Lol im just pointing out what a dickhead you look like mate. In my opinion anyway.

I know Cleary f**ked up with Whare, I was very critical of that. But right now you have no f**king clue whether picking Yeo is a good or bad move, you are bagging him because he hasnt picked what you want, not because it hasnt worked.

chrisD

Coach
Look at you, defending your opinion like you actually care what we think. Don't be so sensitive Nancy. It's nothing personal, i just think you are a dumbass.

Discussion is pretty often defending one's opinion, if you don't give a shit then don't reply, that'd be better than the nonsensical shit I've had to answer like "it's best not to debut players because they might become stars" or your geniused attempt at a DWZ parallel. I'm glad it's not personal, well really that doesn't matter, what matters is the mxlegend sob story trying to shut down criticism that needed addressing.

Lol im just pointing out what a dickhead you look like mate. In my opinion anyway.

I know Cleary f**ked up with Whare, I was very critical of that. But right now you have no f**king clue whether picking Yeo is a good or bad move, you are bagging him because he hasnt picked what you want, not because it hasnt worked.

The selection is one of safety/defence first which is what got us Whare at fb and Brown at centre, it's shithouse thinking. Tell me, why do you dismiss Cleary's fetish for back rowers? You think he hasn't proven it over his career?

mxlegend99

Referee
Even if it doesn't work, Idris is going to take his spot back and there 's no harm done. Its a single game in round 1. With how many new players we have we're likely going to start the year off slowly whether it's Idris, Yeo or DWZ that plays. Yeo is a closer match to keep the same game plans and structure. Why waste a week having Simmo at centre and DWZ on the wing to have 2 players out of position when Yeo can keep the rest of our team intact and offer a similar role to the team as Idris.

We only worry about a decision if its a longterm injury that may force us to rethink game plans. A one off game, you try to keep the disruption to the game plan as minimal as possible.using an average winger at centre to accommodate a freakish fullback on the wing is f**king stupid. Yeo is a better choice then moving Simmo or Mansour to centre, or bringing in Kev Naiqama at centre.

betcats

Referee
Discussion is pretty often defending one's opinion, if you don't give a shit then don't reply, that'd be better than the nonsensical shit I've had to answer like "it's best not to debut players because they might become stars" or your geniused attempt at a DWZ parallel. I'm glad it's not personal, well really that doesn't matter, what matters is the mxlegend sob story trying to shut down criticism that needed addressing.

The selection is one of safety/defence first which is what got us Whare at fb and Brown at centre, it's shithouse thinking. Tell me, why do you dismiss Cleary's fetish for back rowers? You think he hasn't proven it over his career?

That was the start of last season, let it go.

I think Cleary has proven he is a very good NRL coach and is capable of leading us to a grand final, if he has a backrower fetish then good for him. As long as we keep improving I dont care.

Going off articles posted in this thread Yeo has obviously played in the centres and even the halves throughout his career anyway.

Idris might still play yet, and if he doesnt its not confirmed Yeo is the replacement.

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
Even if it doesn't work, Idris is going to take his spot back and there 's no harm done. Its a single game in round 1. With how many new players we have we're likely going to start the year off slowly whether it's Idris, Yeo or DWZ that plays. Yeo is a closer match to keep the same game plans and structure. Why waste a week having Simmo at centre and DWZ on the wing to have 2 players out of position when Yeo can keep the rest of our team intact and offer a similar role to the team as Idris.

We only worry about a decision if its a longterm injury that may force us to rethink game plans. A one off game, you try to keep the disruption to the game plan as minimal as possible.using an average winger at centre to accommodate a freakish fullback on the wing is f**king stupid. Yeo is a better choice then moving Simmo or Mansour to centre, or bringing in Kev Naiqama at centre.

I disagree, a fullback can play wing without issue and if DWZ hasn't played more wing than fb in NYC then it'd be by one or two games (I expect he's played a heap more wing than fb). Why are you saying DWZ is out of position at wing?

Simmons has a million games experience and looked fine at centre against the Jets. And as a bonus he's an outside back and not a forward.

maple_69

Bench
Whoever does replace Idris will have a tough job on their hands. With Mullen out the Knights will be lookibg to their gun centres to cause some damage. I'd personally go Naiqama but realise he had a poor run in the pre season matches. Let's all be thankful that Wes is not available or we would have a lot more to complain about.

betcats

Referee
Honestly I would much rather pick a mobile backrower at centre then a winger. A guy like Yeo seems to be more of a centre/backrower hybrid anyway.

abpanther

Staff member
Hey guys,

Sorry to interrupt this discussion, just want some general info regarding stadium seats. For those with experience at Penrith Stadium, can you please advise which seats are covered from rain? I wanna take the family out and given that it may rain tomorrow I wanna get undercover seating

sfx118559.gif

Also, I assume the western side is better in terms of the sun setting?

Thanks in advance