What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Team

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
That an improvement on 16th they had us last year. If they cannot see the improvement in our team then we get better odds at the Tab. Who cares what anyone else thinks of our chances. Makes it all the more sweeter when we succeed.

On a side note, having a look at some of the predicted "top" clubs and imo some are looking really thin on depth. I think some teams are underestimating the impact of the decreased interchange that will surely have an affect on player fitness/injuries.

Im with you mate...who cares what others think at this stage...Im happy to fly under the radar in 2016...probably the same bookies that had Prince of Penzance at 100 to 1 to win last years Melbourne Cup

Last edited:
Its better to be less noticed then to be at the pinnacle like the Broncos.

Imagine if they fall again or not even get that close Brissie might just have a huge meltdown.

Rookiedragon1

Juniors
Considering on paper we have a stronger squad and depth was one of the major points that let us down last year, this year I thought they would of put us finishing higher considering we have one of the best depth in the comp now.a bit of respect wouldn't hurt.but I get what you guys are saying.

kit66

Bench
Considering on paper we have a stronger squad and depth was one of the major points that let us down last year, this year I thought they would of put us finishing higher considering we have one of the best depth in the comp now.a bit of respect wouldn't hurt.but I get what you guys are saying.

Some people are expecting Manly, Warriors, Canberra and Parramatta to make a good shot at the 8 in 2016 due to their roster upgrades so they have to kick someone else out from last years top 8 and we're easy targets. A legacy of one Mr.S.Price, you might know him as the Cronulla water boy.
Scraping into the 8 hasn't erased the demons, that won't happen until we're in the top 4 come September.

Cagey Mac

Bench
It would be fun to see
1. Widdop
2. Nightingale
3. Dugan
4. Lafai
5. Milne
6. Mann
7. Marshall
8. Packer
7. Rein
10. Au Mau
11. Matthews (If Frizell isn't ready)
12. Thompson
13. Cooper
14. JDB
15. Mosoe
16. Creagh
17. Havili
That's leaving some gun players out for some little known alternatives but for the CS perhaps, it would be interesting.

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade
That's pretty much my team as well, except I'd have Mann at FB, Widdop at 7 perhaps.

I like the idea of Milne on one wing. Would be great if we could finally have a young flyer who can find the line patrolling the left wing. We've missed bmoz massively. I'm guessing left wing is the most up for grabs with Pete, KFFL and Glymin also a chance.

All the other selections look spot on.

The Nick

Bench
I'd be better than Mary. At lease one of us has a brain (with a sufficient IQ to succeed). I'd never play JDB at half, for example.

Straight Shooter

How on earth would you be a better coach than Mary? You are yet to demonstrate sufficient rugby league knowledge that would even qualify you to coach U6's.

Even Vasil and Dino have demonstrated more than you.

Anyone who has ever played the game (so clearly not you) knows that they need more from a coach than someone who simply whinges about the administration of the club.

A coach needs to be able to come up with solutions (which Mary has done over and over since taking the top job), not just complain about the same mundane points repeatedly (like how you keep banging on about JDB at half LAST SEASON, for example).

Straight Shooter

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
How on earth would you be a better coach than Mary? You are yet to demonstrate sufficient rugby league knowledge that would even qualify you to coach U6's.

Even Vasil and Dino have demonstrated more than you.

Anyone who has ever played the game (so clearly not you) knows that they need more from a coach than someone who simply whinges about the administration of the club.

A coach needs to be able to come up with solutions (which Mary has done over and over since taking the top job), not just complain about the same mundane points repeatedly (like how you keep banging on about JDB at half LAST SEASON, for example).

Straight Shooter

At least you've got the 3 Stooges identified Nick

Slippery Morris

First Grade
How dumb of Mary playing a big fella like JDB in the halves? Imagine that. Bad Coaching......

Didn't Hasler put Tony Williams at 5/8 for a few games? He must be a dumb coach as well.....

Whatever Mary does will never please some people even if it is the same as what the so called best coaches of the NRL have done.

Old Timer

Coach
How dumb of Mary playing a big fella like JDB in the halves? Imagine that. Bad Coaching......

Didn't Hasler put Tony Williams at 5/8 for a few games? He must be a dumb coach as well.....

Whatever Mary does will never please some people even if it is the same as what the so called best coaches of the NRL have done.

Other people's mistakes are no justification for your own mistakes so don't use the "I shot him because he shot her" defence.

It wasn't just about De Belin at half there were numerous other instances of 2nd rowers in the centres, Green being elevated constantly etc.

Runciman played 2 games scored 2 tries not too bad yet played 2nd fiddle to a host of people playing out of position.

Re Hassler playing Williams at 5/8 I bet if you asked him now he would say "yep dumb"

BennyV

Referee

Lol Slip, if that's your defense of Mary, it's a pretty poor one...using the second dumbest positional decision to justify the dumbest!

TruSaint

Referee
Lol Slip, if that's your defense of Mary, it's a pretty poor one...using the second dumbest positional decision to justify the dumbest!

BV, doubt that was his intent, albeit it may appear that way.

Just highlighted ( i think ), massive errors in positional judgement, that sometimes is very apparent and sometimes not.

Old Timer

Coach
Lots of comments re how our depth has grown with recent signings and in most cases that is true.

Is it not concerning though that if Matau'tia leaves as suggested by some that we lose a competent first grade player for a "depth" signing like Fai Fai Loa or Quinlan?

Some times maybe one signing too many can be detrimental in your efforts to build a strong squad.

I hope PM stays and would let several go before him of it meant he would stay.

TruSaint

Referee
Lots of comments re how our depth has grown with recent signings and in most cases that is true.

Is it not concerning though that if Matau'tia leaves as suggested by some that we lose a competent first grade player for a "depth" signing like Fai Fai Loa or Quinlan?

Some times maybe one signing too many can be detrimental in your efforts to build a strong squad.

Not that i have any in knowledge, but i think Peter will stay.
I get your point about " overdoing it ", but in this day and age OT, as we saw last year, its the better of 2 options.

BennyV

Referee

If Pete goes, its because we signed Lafai, not because of KFFL or Quinlan. Which is an upgrade. Mata'utia would leave for a starting centre spot elsewhere, and if so good luck to him. Wouldnt be dur to our cap of due to the depth we have signed.

Latest posts