What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Sharks

brissiedragon

Juniors
I feel like he’s being punished for the sins of 2018..

His catching improved out of sight last year - I used to be nervous as tofu at a vegan convention when he’d get under a high ball, but not anymore..

He was one of our best on Saturday. Low bar to leap over, I know, but he brings much more to the team than he gets credit for on here..

He has shown that he has a lethal pass across the face of the defence and has a great turn of speed and is willing to take on the line. All attributes of a good five eighth. I would love to see him have a go at five eighth just to prove or disprove that sentiment.

possm

Coach
He has shown that he has a lethal pass across the face of the defence and has a great turn of speed and is willing to take on the line. All attributes of a good five eighth. I would love to see him have a go at five eighth just to prove or disprove that sentiment.
I was really interested to see Dufty trial at 6 during the off season. But I suppose, Griffin is of the opinion that right now we have plenty of depth in the halves and that Ramsey needs a little more time in first grade right now. So it's Dufty at fullback for now.

Juniors
While Dufty is at fullback, JP or Matt Feagai to left wing.
While Bird is at left centre, Ramsey or Max Feagai on right wing.
Ravalawa and Ford to right edge.
Moving rava off the wing into the pack would end up like watching the Oates experiment. We need his big body and speed for kick returns and dummy half scoots to help our shitty forwards get on the front foot. We need at least one winger with this skill.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I don't know what the deal is with Rava but he does seem to be not favoured atm.
Firstly being dropped late last season and not sighted (by the previous fill-in coach), then on the 'reserves' list for the CS (current coaching staff)
No doubt he has potential, however, is there something going on in the background we aren't privy to?

slippery5

Juniors
FFS what about our fearsome forwards line of defence that has been paper thin and limp for years , yet we want to hang the FB
Sure hes not perfect but he certainly isn't the worst
FFS, you obviously didn't watch the game, because it was down both sides of the field they made the breaks that I'm talking about resulting in him doing a cardinal sin of grasping at air. Did it many times last year as well.

slippery5

Juniors
I find it a bit rough when the fullback is the one being blamed for being put in a 2-on-1 situation..

There’s a whole line of defence that has been broken to put them in that situation..
I'm not blaming him for the lead up but when you have a 2-on-1 situation please end up with 1.
We have to fix up individual deficiencies before we can then play as a team.

slippery5

Juniors
Fix his defence up & put him at 9 he could be another Cook, who coincidently was a 1 in Dragons lower grades.

My team list for Round 1.
1). Dufty.
2). Ramsay.
3). Lomax.
4). Feagai.
5). Ravalawa.
6). Sullivan.
7). Hunt.
13. Lawrie.
12). Sims.
11). Bird.
10). Alvaro.
9). McCullough.
8). Vaughan.
14). Clune.
15). Kerr.
16). Faamausili.
17). Merrin / Ford / Fuimaono.

Personally I think Alvaro plays better as a starting Prop.
Dragons 26, Sharks 16.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
My team list for Round 1.
1). Dufty.
2). Ramsay.
3). Lomax.
4). Feagai.
5). Ravalawa.
6). Sullivan.
7). Hunt.
13. Lawrie.
12). Sims.
11). Bird.
10). Alvaro.
9). McCullough.
8). Vaughan.
14). Clune.
15). Kerr.
16). Faamausili.
17). Merrin / Ford / Fuimaono.

Personally I think Alvaro plays better as a starting Prop.
Dragons 26, Sharks 16.
That would be my team also, but it definitely wont be the team. Pretty close though I reckon. I would imagine besides slight differences to the starting side and bench order I reckon Bird will play centre, Kerr will play second row and probably Ellis will come onto the bench.

Banjo2014

Juniors
This is not a simple game and will be close:-

1 Will Kennedy 2 Sione Katoa 3 Jesse Ramien 4 Josh Dugan 5 Ronaldo Mulitalo 6 Matt Moylan 7 Chad Townsend 8 Braden Hamlin-Uele 9 Blayke Brailey 10 Aaron Woods 11 Briton Nikora 12 Wade Graham 13 Toby Rudolf 14 Connor Tracey 15 Aiden Tolman 16 Andrew Fifita 17 Jack Williams

Fifita is looking VERY fit
Wade Graham trialled well and hit hard (ask Flannagan)
Moylan is fresh and if he can stay fit will give Norman a headache
Townsend has a point to prove after a disaster end to last season
Nikora and Rudolf are definitely improving players
Brailey has worked hard to recover from his syndesmosis injury
Backs all look good as well

As I said this game is no walk in the park

I am a dead set Dragons fanatic - St George 42 Cronulla Sutherland 6

Last edited:

dungay dragon

Juniors
FFS, you obviously didn't watch the game, because it was down both sides of the field they made the breaks that I'm talking about resulting in him doing a cardinal sin of grasping at air. Did it many times last year as well.
Our defence has been paper thin thru the middle and out wide for many seasons now..
to be honest its embarrassing , esp "when the heads go down " ..
Dufty at 9 ...dont think so esp with all the dramas to get AM here , unless as inter change
Would love to see him at 6 ...could be lethal

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If Norman gas his charge reduced then he will play (unfortunately), with Clune on the bench as the hooker/halves utility.

There is some talk that Sullivan tweaked his hammy and maybe in some doubt.
So, what is the solution if Norman suspended and Bud out injured?

If Norman gas his charge reduced then he will play (unfortunately), with Clune on the bench as the hooker/halves utility.

Clune to 5/8, Williame to bench. Bird and Hunt can cover hooker and half if McCulloch comes off.

I don't know what the deal is with Rava but he does seem to be not favoured atm.
Firstly being dropped late last season and not sighted (by the previous fill-in coach), then on the 'reserves' list for the CS (current coaching staff)
No doubt he has potential, however, is there something going on in the background we aren't privy to?

He has no potential.

Straight Shooter

LINESPEED

Juniors

Duff 5/8, Cody F/B, Bird edge, Feagais in.

Whatever became of Lachlan Timm ?

.... another McFuc3koffJuniors victim

Latest posts