What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 team

BLM01

First Grade
Foxsport have no conviction and little integrity. On Monday they were recommending Hunt move to hooker. Now that it looks likely to happen, they want to throw up reasons why they don't recommend it. Give me a break.
Hooper is the main instigator against it. Reconks he knows clubs ready to pounce to take him as their 7.
Of course no names mentioned. I am sure Ben Hunt wants to go to the Titans, Canberra or Tigers who may need or benefit from an ageing half.

saintmar

Juniors
Here’s a thought. Hook is gone so if Hunt spits the dummy and goes plus Feagai is good at centre I wonder if Lomax might ask for a release as well in which case we would have some serious coin to spend.
Lomax will back to his best under the new coach
The centres have to be Lomax and Max Feagai
Suli is not a skillfull centre
Yes, effective ball runner BUT no step,no pass and defensively gets caught out.

Dragon David

First Grade
Lomax will back to his best under the new coach
The centres have to be Lomax and Max Feagai
Suli is not a skillfull centre
Yes, effective ball runner BUT no step,no pass and defensively gets caught out.
Didn't Hasler punt Suli? Only saying that if Hasler was the chosen one to be the head coach, would he punt Suli again?

Problem is they probaly going to start Mbye at 7 and not Bud.
That is also what I think will happen. Bud will get a run at half sometime while Hunt and Liddle will share hooker. At least that is the way it should be. Only downside to this is Hunt will not have the room to utilise his excellent long kicking game. Bud doesnt have one, does Mbye?

qld redvee

Juniors
just my take on 360 comments last night
kent says hunt to hooker to get better service from dummy half - so Liddle gets dropped yet mbye retains the hooker spot with far worse service - yet no comment by the panel
hunt the best player for saints probably is but no mention of how we have not been able to win the last 4 games with lack of hunt attacking kicking setting up plays etc .. they all convenient forget we have no attacking plays only settlers, hunt has not been able to do anything whilst playing against opposition with a man down .
just Hunt should be able to spark the attack ... well if Bud gets a decent go and we jag the win does it mean Hunt has no idea at halfback OR he is our best player .. And to see hes one of the top 3 ?? cleary hynes dce reynolds theres 4 to start with .. any one of those and we probably win all 4 .. I just hope the guys can lift for sunday

qld redvee

Juniors
Fair point. But what is worse that, or creating a massive overlap. We have a new defense coach who should by now have his finger on the pulse to negate this problem. Cant just make Lomax the scapegoat as it is a team defensive problem.
baggy, 100% correct and under hooks watch every year defence is getting worse .. we have the most arm grabbers in the comp ..

redv13

Bench
I see it this way. Our million $$ halfback and leader has gone missing the last 4 weeks when the game has been in the balance in the last 10/15 mins. His job is to close out the tight games but more often than not he finds a way to f**k it up.

I like Hunt but lately he is shitting me to tears. Grow up, this is supposed to be your team. You have been paid huge $$$ since 2018 yet the payback has been piss poor. If he wants to act like a twat cause Griffin is getting the bullet then maybe Benny should follow him out the door too.
Grow up or f**k off

MrRavaLover

Juniors
I guess we see .. his performance on Sunday will tell us a lot about his head space. His manager was in the paper today too wasnt he.

FlameThrower

Bench
I posted that the Bulldogs game was a danger game. The Tigers will be on a high and again another danger game for us. All of the media talk, rumours and team changes will just add to our anxiety on the field.

TheRev

First Grade
I see it this way. Our million $$ halfback and leader has gone missing the last 4 weeks when the game has been in the balance in the last 10/15 mins. His job is to close out the tight games but more often than not he finds a way to f**k it up.
For me it's the first 70 minutes I worry about, for years Hook blames the completion and the errors.. but this year we have had the high completions.. we have the ball in the right spots against really average football teams.. and our attack is an absolute shambles.. we don't ask any questions of the defence short of the odd individual moment on last tackle, and there are no excuses left to give.

I'd like to think that Hook&Hunt (H&H) finally acknowledged the reality in front of them (the stunned mullet looks on their faces).. but the more I think about it.. the more I think either the incoming coach or the club has stepped in, because Hook has always been happy to keep ramming his head into the wall for as long as we will pay him, but we actually need to blood and test these young players so we can move forward as a club.. let alone actually try something new to win games in 2023.

redv13

Bench
TBH I think the whole dropping of Lomax is dog shit. Hook should have at least moved him back to the right side for a few games and if he didn’t improve then fair enough give him a spell. As for his goal kicking, before this season started he was kicking at nearly 80%. WHO in their right mind would get him to change to a smaller tee, change his style?? He would have been in the top 4/5 regular goal kickers in the comp prior to these changes

Latest posts