What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Cronulla

TYGA

Juniors
A huge loss for us has been Gavet he dominates and gets 1-2 punch going with Taupau.
I rate Sue big inclusion for us.

We have the Sharks, Broncs @ CTOWN then the bye. Big chance for us to regroup and get two on the trot + the bye going into origin period.

magpie guy

Juniors
Our attack worries me or lack there of,our last 5 tries have come from two intercepts,one dummy half run and two kicks.

Having Farah and Sue back on deck is huge for us. Sue back makes up a bit for Gavet being out and should have us looking more solid around the middle. Farah does a massive amount for us in organising attack and defence. Having Farah organising the forwards to hit it up in the middle, combined with the threat of Farah running plays out of dummy half gives Brooks more room and time.

I have been really impressed with the enthusiasm and spark Austin brings to the team and am interested to see how he is going to be used off the bench.

As long as the forwards aim up, with Farah back, we should put a big score on the Sharks.

mepelthwack

Juniors
Sharks will be desperate but our desperation should trump theirs if we are gonna be in this comp. I expect big things from the tigers this week.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I'm really not sold on Austin as much as everyone else seems to. For me, he has been hyped because he is not Anasta. Has been ordinary in both starts. Only impressed against Parramatta and he came on fresh against a tired opposition.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
IMO we lost that Rooster's game because of a small lack of organisation that the Roosters were able to quickly capitalize on.

Farah is the heart and soul of our team's organisation in both attack and defense. I'm very confident going into this game.

organisation?

dropped ball (only 5 of our 17 managed to NOT have a handling error) and the defensive failure of Akauola and the defensive slowness of Lulia, saw the Roosters smash us out wide.

BrotherJim05

Bench
organisation?

dropped ball (only 5 of our 17 managed to NOT have a handling error) and the defensive failure of Akauola and the defensive slowness of Lulia, saw the Roosters smash us out wide.

Fair point. But I do feel the lack of organisation and execution was the reason we couldn't put any decent points on (we had opportunities but we f**ked it up). From there we were on the back foot the entire game and the errors started rolling in.

I'm just saying that with Farah, and dare I say even with Anasta back, we will see better organisation and higher rate of completed sets.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Farah won't improve the handling of the side.

this side goes massively downhill when they get behind on the scoreboard. That's an attitude thing that needs to be addressed

super_coach

First Grade
We have had our excuses but our last two games we have been rubbish,very similar standard to last year when we were in a massive hole.

I can see the Sharks turning up to play, okay they have some plodders but they also have some class. Farah will make a difference, but our intensity has to lift a 100%

It's good to see the back of Lulia he is out of his depth in the NRL, he makes Joel Reddy and Blake Ayshford look like Inglis and Hodges !

Ausguy

Coach
sharks heads arent in the game at all the coach doesnt want to be there and in general we are prepping for next season. if you dont win easily you guys should start talking 2015 also...

phenisha

Juniors
sharks heads arent in the game at all the coach doesnt want to be there and in general we are prepping for next season. if you dont win easily you guys should start talking 2015 also...

Agreed, if we are serious about showing we have improved from last year we should win this.

Although i am not so sure we will...

Vic Mackey

Referee

The sharks have plenty of ex tigers who will fire up. Plus any team with gallen, graham and Lewis can't be taken lightly...I do agree with you though. We're nearly back to full strength and if serious about making the 8 need to win this.

innsaneink

Referee
I'm really not sold on Austin as much as everyone else seems to. For me, he has been hyped because he is not Anasta. Has been ordinary in both starts. Only impressed against Parramatta and he came on fresh against a tired opposition.
Yeah Im disappointed in his defense, he must cop heaps from his boys about it

He was fairly quiet last week....be interesting to see where he fits in and for who this week.

Farah back has me confident, Rowes confident game last week, Brooks hopefully due for a big one should our forwards get on top....we'll win it in the backs

Richards or Rowdy FTS

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Akaoula is great in attack but his defence is extremely sloppy.

I disagree. Akaoula gets really low in his tackling technique. Literally chops the ball carriers legs out. He carries defenders with him on hit ups as well.

He should be playing instead of Patterson IMO.

I've not got enough patience for kurtis Rowe and think Simona should play FB with nofoaluma at centre and koro on the wing.

braz

Juniors
I can't believe people are still slamming Rowe after his game against the Chooks. Was our best player. I'll admit I didn't think he had it in him, but surely deserves to keep his spot on that performance.

I agree that Austin has been disappointing, looked disinterested a couple of times.

I'm not sold on Luani either. Forwards had to go to dummy half on numerous occasions as he was nowhere to be seen. Is Cherrington ready for a run during Farah's origin absence?

hutch

First Grade
I don't think Rowe was our best player against the roosters, he had a poor first half and a good second half. Still wouldnt have him in first grade.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I can't believe people are still slamming Rowe after his game against the Chooks. Was our best player. I'll admit I didn't think he had it in him, but surely deserves to keep his spot on that performance.

I agree that Austin has been disappointing, looked disinterested a couple of times.

I'm not sold on Luani either. Forwards had to go to dummy half on numerous occasions as he was nowhere to be seen. Is Cherrington ready for a run during Farah's origin absence?

I agree, Luani has been less than impressive.