What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 versus the Titans

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I just watched the highlights of the Storm game, there is NO WAY Mbye will be selected next week surely? That second try they scored where Mbye didn’t even try and tackle the bloke, that’s sackable. I mean the first try where Paps wrong footed him is forgivable but that second try!
He won’t play this week, Hook won’t tolerate that performance.
I can't name one SGI player who outplayed their opposite number last Sunday. Even the one we let go- Tyran Wishart- looked a world beater when playing out of position and marking Suli. 42-6 actually flattered us if you consider the disallowed tried in the first half and the Storm's loss of Pap and Reimis Smith. Outside of injury forced changes, I'm not anticipating much different against the Titans. Hook will just take another bite on the gum and plough on.

possm

Coach
I can't name one SGI player who outplayed their opposite number last Sunday. Even the one we let go- Tyran Wishart- looked a world beater when playing out of position and marking Suli. 42-6 actually flattered us if you consider the disallowed tried in the first half and the Storm's loss of Pap and Reimis Smith. Outside of injury forced changes, I'm not anticipating much different against the Titans. Hook will just take another bite on the gum and plough on.
Griffin had the wrong game plan and his players weren't prepared well enough to win the game.

I'm beginning to think it would be better if Saints recruited a top-line 17 and then backfilled reserve grade with local juniors with potential. Our systems seem to always get the mix wrong, having juniors who aren't ready, being selected to positions that should be filled by first-graders.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Wrong team at first!! I am too annoyed to laugh at this. I have just spent 2 hours wanting to know how George Burgess could have been promoted after watching him last Saturday in the NSW Cup. His stats were 50 mins, 70 odd metres and 20 tackles compared to Josh Kerr, 55 mins, 172 metres and 25 tackles. For more perspective Jackson Ford played the whole game and made 180 metres.

Publishing the team incorrectly is a bad joke for a supposedly professional organisation. I noticed on Sunday while the "late mail" article listed the final team correctly the commentary was just a cut and paste from earlier in the week so did not take account of the late changes! Very shoddy! Add this to the fact that the only news we get about the Flegg and NSW Cup teams is the team lists and you would have to say we are being short-changed. Without passionate supporters who continue to carry on through a long drought like we are still experiencing the team and the club would cease to exist. We deserve better!

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Griffin had the wrong game plan and his players weren't prepared well enough to win the game.

I'm beginning to think it would be better if Saints recruited a top-line 17 and then backfilled reserve grade with local juniors with potential. Our systems seem to always get the mix wrong, having juniors who aren't ready, being selected to positions that should be filled by first-graders.
There was no reserve grade for nearly two years….Is this not factored in to opinion and assessment? I think it’s a huge factor and impacted greatly young player’s psychology and physical development. They’re getting some time now, let’s see how it pans out.

BBTB

Juniors
Wrong team at first!! I am too annoyed to laugh at this. I have just spent 2 hours wanting to know how George Burgess could have been promoted after watching him last Saturday in the NSW Cup. His stats were 50 mins, 70 odd metres and 20 tackles compared to Josh Kerr, 55 mins, 172 metres and 25 tackles. For more perspective Jackson Ford played the whole game and made 180 metres.

Publishing the team incorrectly is a bad joke for a supposedly professional organisation. I noticed on Sunday while the "late mail" article listed the final team correctly the commentary was just a cut and paste from earlier in the week so did not take account of the late changes! Very shoddy! Add this to the fact that the only news we get about the Flegg and NSW Cup teams is the team lists and you would have to say we are being short-changed. Without passionate supporters who continue to carry on through a long drought like we are still experiencing the team and the club would cease to exist. We deserve better!
These Dragons administrators are so BAD its beyond a me. What are these people doing? They a certainly not doing their jobs.
Trying to get information from these duds is like dealing with the Gordon's.
Absolutely impossible.

Our recruitment people need to be watching closely Titans 14 Tannah Boyd with a view to making him an offer to move south when he comes off contract. Now this kid is a creative player just what we need in the halves. As a Junior Kangaroo I saw him demolish the Kiwis so thinking the Titans have not managed him well if he is not a regular first grader. Not seen a lot of him to be honest so perhaps he has yet to realize the enormous potential he showed back then. A new club may bring that out.

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
.. Jack is too busy tackling everyone the others miss. He does plenty in attack for the little possession we had last week and other weeks when we lost big.
I’m not making this assessment on just one week or his defence; best defender in the comp. But when he made Origin last time he was playing effectively at the line. He’s more effective imo playing this style than before the line. I feel he has to develop his all round attacking game more than where it’s at. Hope he does, as it gives us more variety.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
Our recruitment people need to be watching closely Titans 14 Tannah Boyd with a view to making him an offer to move south when he comes off contract. Now this kid is a creative player just what we need in the halves. As a Junior Kangaroo I saw him demolish the Kiwis so thinking the Titans have not managed him well if he is not a regular first grader. Not seen a lot of him to be honest so perhaps he has yet to realize the enormous potential he showed back then. A new club may bring that out.
Understand your frustration baggygreen man, but I wouldnt want the club to go chasing another half when we still havent seen what our juniors can do as a combination, I would prefer that if we were going to chase him it would be with the view of making him a 9 option along with young Mulheisen

Latest posts