What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

unbreaK

Juniors
I think Granville is a Hooker/Fullback, so I'd say he should be pretty quick off the mark, might be worth giving a shot.

Baptsite when fit has to be the 2nd choice Hooker, he deserves to be on the bench when we've got our best 17 playing, if not starting.

6. Hunt
7. Wallace
9. McCullough

14. Baptiste

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I too rate Baptiste higher than Granville, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure Seagulls sees it differently :p.

I wonder if Baptiste was fit Hook would have played him? I suppose not given he didn't give Granville a run. Either that or Hook doesn't rate Granville.

To be honest I've never really rated McCullough. I really can't see what everyone (i.e. the Broncos staff) see in him. To me he is only going to be an average player, slightly above that of Wallace. Would love nothing more than to be proven wrong here.

I rate both Srama and Falloon ahead of McCullough. Even the Titan's third rate hooker, Irwin, might give him a run for his money. Ok, Ok, I may have pushed it a bit far with the last sentence, but you get my point.

Big Pete

Referee
My view on Baptiste vs. Granville is that they're both pretty even but the Broncos should show loyalty to a guy that has been in their system longer as opposed to the guy they basically cut free in 2009.

However, since Kurt is injured, Granville should have been given the shot.

Like 90% of this Bronco board, I've been of the opinion that Hunt should be one our starting halves and we should have a natural hooker as the back up dummy half. I'm probably McCullough's biggest sympathiser online but he's too inconsistent at this stage to be treated like a senior member of the side and receive recognitions like the club player of the year. I feel as if he had some real competition, he would lift his game and become the player he's been tipped to be since 2007.

There seems to be this perception that Macca is just one of Hooks boys, but let's not forget Bennett had him in the side as an 18 year old despite having just moved to the hooker position.

I also think it's way too early to write him off. Most hookers don't come into their own until their mid 20s. I still believe he's in that pack with Friend, Srama, Segeyaro, Rein etc. although his current form is seeing those players break away.

Bretto

Bench
That link is saying Hodges has a cracked rib. The thing that shits me with Hodges is, he's usually not even fit enough to play half a season for us, but no doubt he'll line up for QLD.

AceAv

Juniors
Bad news with Hodges...

Granville looks like he deserves a 1st grade run.

Very fast and determined. Don't think the markers will let him run like that so easily at our level however

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Look, I love Hodgeo, I think hes a great player but this is getting stupid now. If you arent fit enough to play first grade, just admit it, hang up the boots and give someone else their opportunity.

Dazzat

First Grade
To be fair to Hodges, this time it's a rib injury. If it was another leg injury of some type I'd think he's be thinking of retirement.

Looking forward to Glanville's debut.

Don't know how Maranta got a call up. His form has been very poor and deserved a few weeks out. Why not Kemp? And how about Whitchurch?

Big Pete

Referee
Kemp reportedly hasn't been much to write home about.

Whitchurch is still getting into the swing of things after his spinal surgery.

Our depth is really that bad.

some11

Referee
Maranta was dropped and he's back in straight away, he has gone backwards this year and offers sfa, give Kemp a shot so we know where he stands.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Turd sandwich vs. Giant douche

May as well go with the incumbent and not cause any further disruptions to the side.

Hala is the player who drops off for Granville by the by.

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Kemp reportedly hasn't been much to write home about.

Whitchurch is still getting into the swing of things after his spinal surgery.

Our depth is really that bad.

Agree.

Whitchurch is looking very average in particular.

I reckon you could throw in Kemp a bit underdone though. He has the experience. Kahu might need a bit of experience on his outside.

Mr Saab

Referee
This club has turned into a farce. I would rather have Ivan Henjak back than continue with Griffin. I hope the club tanks and he gets the arse at the end of the yr.

How the hell does Hala get dropped? He is the only prop we have that has impact.

Titans should win this game and win it WELL

Bretto

Bench
This club has turned into a farce. I would rather have Ivan Henjak back than continue with Griffin. I hope the club tanks and he gets the arse at the end of the yr.

How the hell does Hala get dropped? He is the only prop we have that has impact.

Titans should win this game and win it WELL

Gotta agree here. Hala is our only forward who is really bending the line at the moment. To drop him for Slyney or Anderson is bogus.

Latest posts