What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Friday, 17th of May 2013.

Hannant, McGuire & Prince likely casualties of the Eels game. How do you want the team to line-up?

1. Corey Norman
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Ben Hunt
7. Peter Wallace
8. Scott Anderson
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday (c)
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Jake Granville
15. David Hala
16. David Stagg
17. Nick Slyney

Behold

Juniors
I would like to see Stagg start, defend in the middle with Parker for 70 minutes. With McGuire and Hannant out Thaiday has to stay in the front row, Anderson onto the bench to share time with Thaiday at prop. Hala to give Stagg and Parker a 10 minute breather each. Jarrod Wallace to give Gillett and Glenn some time on the bench. I'd drop Norman after last game his effort wasn't good enough, if Prince wasn't injured I'd probably drop McCullough too. If Hannant and McGuire weren't both going to be out I'd move Thaiday to the backrow at the expense of Gillet who would drop to the bench.

How I would like to see the team line up/How I expect the team to line up
1. Kahu/Hoffman
2. Hoffman/Maranta
3. Reed/Reed
4. Hodges/Hodges
5. Kemp/Kahu
6. Hunt/Norman
7. Wallace/Wallace
8. Thaiday/Thaiday
9. McCullough/McCullough
10. Stagg/Anderson
11. Glenn/Glenn
12. Gillett/Gillett
13. Parker/Parker

14. Granville or Baptiste (if fit)/Hunt
15. Hala/Hala
16. Anderson/Stagg
17. Wallace/Slyney

unbreaK

Juniors
What's wrong with McGuire this time? Has he played 2 games in a row this season?

1. Norman
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Hunt
7. Wallace
8. Thaiday (c)
9. McCullough
10. Stagg
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Hala
15. Anderson
16. Slyney
17. Baptiste

beads6

First Grade
Josh McGuire is free to play. Hopefully he really starts to find his top form.

AceAv

Juniors
Was he put on report for that soft tackle? Only reason i can think of that will keep him out.

Anyways, Norman had an off night, but hardly worth dropping him over..

Both he and macca need to step up big time. That faloon dh for titans was solid last week

I smell another loss, but a little excited to see if Hunt can boast some Good form

Chainshada

Juniors
Very excited about this round..

Broncos

1 Corey Norman
2 Josh Hoffman
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Jordan Kahu
6 Ben Hunt
7 Peter Wallace
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Sam Thaiday (c)
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker

Interchange
14 David Stagg
15 Scott Anderson
16 David Hala
17 Jarrod Wallace
18 Mitchell Dodds

Really hoping Hunt steps up and shows Griffin he wants and deserves a decent shot in the halves. Looking forward to seeing McGuire fire up with his shot in the starting side.

Please tell me we don't get a repeat of last week with the bench.. Macca taking a rest, Hunt to Hooker, Norman to 6, Hoffman to Fullback is far too much of a re-shuffle.

qld aussie

Juniors
Very excited about this round..

Really hoping Hunt steps up and shows Griffin he wants and deserves a decent shot in the halves. Looking forward to seeing McGuire fire up with his shot in the starting side.

Please tell me we don't get a repeat of last week with the bench.. Macca taking a rest, Hunt to Hooker, Norman to 6, Hoffman to Fullback is far too much of a re-shuffle.

When Macca needs a rest would rather see Glenn to dummyhalf and Stagg on, save shuffleing the back line. Thoughts?

Chainshada

Juniors
Gillett would be a better option, he's atleast had some experience as a playmaker, he wasn't great, but it's better than nothing.

With the team as it is now..perfect lineup for me would be:

1. Norman
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Hunt
7. Wallace
8. Thaiday
9. McCullough
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Stagg

14. Baptiste/Granville
15. McGuire
16. Hala
17. Anderson

DeeJ

Bench
[/B]

When Macca needs a rest would rather see Glenn to dummyhalf and Stagg on, save shuffleing the back line. Thoughts?

Stagg is a better dummy half than Glenn. Glenn is sloooooow when hes there. Even Parker's service is faster.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
With Hunt at 6, I've changed my tip to us by a slim margin, just because we're at home. Hunt had better show his best.

Chainshada

Juniors
Griffin's been coddling him, 100+ games and can't play 80mins. For him to play great, he needs a dominant half, most of the stupid crap I see him do, I think he does because he wants to try and create something to get them on the front foot, but usually fails.

AceAv

Juniors
With hunt named in the run on side. Mac's needs to show us what he's made of.

What ever happened to his Cameron Smith style scoop and shoots. Running between markers and earning penalties. And most importantly those 40/20 kicks!?

He's got the talent to be one of the best...just hasn't been pushing himself enough to pull it off every week.

If he doesn't play the 80, give Stagg 20 mins at centre with Hodges to dh. He's clearly the top choice?

Big Pete

Referee
Isn't it about time Macca became a big boy hooker who can play 80 minutes?

It's a strange trend in the NRL really.

Let's have take a look...

McIllwrick/McCrone
Morris/De Gois
Srama/Falloon
Kidley/Waddell
Kostjasyn/Moore
Keating/Pritchard
Kingston/Segeyaro - Albeit, Kingston shifts to the backrow.
Rein/King
Luke/Peats
Friend/Mortimer
Friend/Godinet

12/16 clubs do it.

Only exceptions are the Bulldogs, Sea Eagles, Storm and Tigers.

Eddy

Juniors
I've got no problem having a 2nd hooker on the bench, I just don't think Hunt is the player. We need someone to up the tempo for 10-15 minutes like a Segeyaro.

As for this game, I think if we can execute some of the backline plays that we saw earlier in the season then we should win by 10+. Otherwise it's going to be another messy affair that could go either way.

Chainshada

Juniors
I think Granville is a Hooker/Fullback, so I'd say he should be pretty quick off the mark, might be worth giving a shot.

Latest posts