What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 V Eels

age.s

First Grade
No offense, but I couldn’t give less of a shit about what Cleary does or doesn’t say at a press conference. His job is to produce a team that can play league. So far, he’s been an abject failure on that count

It matters if it adds to the pressure or mental condition of the team. The onfield stuff is what's important, the offield stuff can affect that.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It matters if it adds to the pressure or mental condition of the team. The onfield stuff is what's important, the offield stuff can affect that.

I see it as Cleary attempting to take the heat of the situation of admitting yes there are issues. Blind freddy can see that.

By refusing to 'overshare' he's circling the wagons and letting this happen (hopefully) inhouse.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade

You mean adding to the pressure of having a shit coach telling you what to do every day? Drop in the ocean compared to that.

I really worry we are going to end up like St. Merge and McGregor. Cleary will go on the odd run that is enough for the club to continue supporting him while he remains fundamentally useless in key areas.

mxlegend99

Referee
You mean adding to the pressure of having a shit coach telling you what to do every day? Drop in the ocean compared to that.

I really worry we are going to end up like St. Merge and McGregor. Cleary will go on the odd run that is enough for the club to continue supporting him while he remains fundamentally useless in key areas.
I wouldnt worry much.

We wont have a club to follow in 5 years at this rate. These guys are hell bent on destroying Goulds legacy.

betcats

Referee

We’ve already signed him long term so at least they won’t be thinking extension! Lol but seriously we need someone to take a run at the board(no idea if this will happen or not) and you’ll see the wankers running the club start to get really nervous.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
We’ve already signed him long term so at least they won’t be thinking extension! Lol but seriously we need someone to take a run at the board(no idea if this will happen or not) and you’ll see the wankers running the club start to get really nervous.

The whole situation just indicates that O’Neill didn’t even spend half a second thinking through the Cleary appointment. Player power sucks but you’d think a quick reading of the playing squad regarding the coach many of them had played under would have been prudent.

betcats

Referee
The whole situation just indicates that O’Neill didn’t even spend half a second thinking through the Cleary appointment. Player power sucks but you’d think a quick reading of the playing squad regarding the coach many of them had played under would have been prudent.

Don’t know much much about him besides what’s happened since griffin was sacked but “We didn’t even consider bennett” or whatever he said as bennett was on top of the table and we were on the bottom says it all really. What was the point of that press release? At that time?

Reminds me of an old saying: “it’s better to remain silent and let people suspect you’re a fool than to open your mouth and confirm their suspicions”

TheFrog

Coach
So is there anyone at all who thinks we will be, you know, competitive having listened to Ivan's presser today?

BxTom

Bench
So is there anyone at all who thinks we will be, you know, competitive having listened to Ivan's presser today?
Not me. Having one disgruntled player wanting out of the club DOES NOT indicate that the problem has been found as he stated. It just means that things are getting worse. As I said yesterday, Luke Lewis says hello.

mxlegend99

Referee
I honestly think Nathan wanting alast push for an Origin jersey is more likely to see us competitive than anything Ivan has done.

I cant see us winning. But if we did I would back it to be for Origin rather than our team.

Andy_P

Juniors
When we were supposed to be at 'rock bottom'after the Tigers game, then we play the Warriors in a 'must-win' game..I think use of 'rock-bottom' at the time was a bit premature...

panther.mike

Juniors
Why do the journalists or commentators think they have the right to set the agenda for the NRL or even the Panthers? Every idea or quote they come up with must be obeyed or they want to know why. And if challenged watch the words fly.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Why do the journalists or commentators think they have the right to set the agenda for the NRL or even the Panthers? Every idea or quote they come up with must be obeyed or they want to know why. And if challenged watch the words fly.

Thank you for stating that.

I'm normally fairly mild manner. Tonight I watched a section of NRL 360. This I did on mute. Less horrible that.

I had to stop myself my throwing things at the telly. Kent in particular sets himself up as judge and jury. the morality police about all things pertaining to NRL.

The club is under no obligation to share anything with the wider public. It's not our right to know.

franklin2323

Immortal

The thing is the same presser RCG said this pre-season was awesome. DWZ said how good it was too play under Ivan... 3 months later he wants out.

So something is clearly going on

franklin2323

Immortal

Depends if Ivan has got answers like he said or if that was BS.

You'd think Mansour and RCG will fire up after being dropped. Cleary's last chance for Origin. Luai, Kenny and To'o wanting too impress... Whether that is enough to get the win. I guess we will aee

franklin2323

Immortal

I'm normally fairly mild manner. Tonight I watched a section of NRL 360. This I did on mute. Less horrible that.

I had to stop myself my throwing things at the telly. Kent in particular sets himself up as judge and jury. the morality police about all things pertaining to NRL.

The club is under no obligation to share anything with the wider public. It's not our right to know.

Keeping things in house and lying are two seperate things. 1st one I am fine with... No need for the 2nd one

mxlegend99

Referee

I thought Kent was spot on. Ivan has been spinning shit and ignoring all the tough questions.

He knew DWZ was gone. Yet refused to comment in the slightest. Whether he likes it or not the media is part of his job and he should be. Making some sort of effort to make the fans feel better.

Instead we're left wondering what exactly is going on... and just how bad is it going to get?