What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs. New Zealand Warriors @Suncorp (Magic Round)

Das Hassler

Bench
The way Edwards was kicking today he was more chance of missing it then levelling the game.We should have taken the tap and gone for it warriors would have cracked out wide.

Does Luai goal kick at all? As unlikely as it would seem nerves may have gotten to Edwards for that last kick

Iamback

Coach
Probably will be lost in the shuffle but Cole giving away the penalty for not clearing the ruck, then arguing the point instead of getting back in the line is the real reason we go to 12 men.

It looked like guys were in front of the Warriors so the tap wasn't possible.

Especially if we wanted to challege it

Iamback

Coach
I think the Cole criticisms are valid but a bit heavy handed. His 4th first grade game and also his first starting the 6.

The side as a whole was really poor and discipline is what lost us this game today.

Yeah a 20 year old rookie is low on the list to blame for me. Plenty of senior guys needing to have a long hard look at themselves

Iamback

Coach
Probably based on potential but clearly isn't ready just yet

Not sure I have seen Yeo with a basic error on his 1st tackle or JFH throw it into touch on the last either
Hell Kenny doesn't miss 7 tackles in a season let alone a game.

Schneider will come in when fit, Not sure he gets us over the line today given how the rest of the side played

age.s

First Grade
A poor performance all round.
We had a chance to level. Who knows what would have happened if we did. The truth is we didn't deserve a chance to win. The Warriors were better defensively, had better completions, metres, runs, and line breaks. They cashed in at Yeo's sin binning, but quite frankly they should have been ahead earlier.

We have been paying average for most of the season.
The Manly performance was a warning. Our recent wins have papered over the cracks.
Everyone expects us to click into gear. Maybe we don't. I have seen very little this season to suggest we can reach the heights of previous years.
Next week is going to be very hard. If we can't put in a vastly improved performance. We are in trouble.
I dont want to like this post, but it's just true.

WestyLife

First Grade
Nothing wrong with drama.

We definitely should have won this game today. Securing a top 4 position is literally very important for the four-peat.

Yeah ivan will hopefully address it this week. Really needed an embarrassing loss to wake them up.

Fangs

Coach
Schneider will come in when fit, Not sure he gets us over the line today given how the rest of the side played

That's the alarming part of the performance today.

Sharks are a decent defensive side and have better attack in 2024. Schneider doesn't get us closer to beating the Sharks if we repeat this performance.

The Realist

Juniors
Nothing wrong with drama.

We definitely should have won this game today. Securing a top 4 position is literally very important for the four-peat.

It's not going to happen. This team is done in terms of being a (near) sole dominant force. Lost too much Quality, and the quality we have left just doesn't have the same sharpness, desire and intensity as they did during the three-peat.

Das Hassler

Bench
When Daine Laurie left WT I was a bit bummed about it as he was really going well at 6 during the backend of our usual short season. I'm really surprised he hasn't cemented the standby half role for you guys for the season...another enigmatic talent

Iamback

Coach
That's the alarming part of the performance today.

Sharks are a decent defensive side and have better attack in 2024. Schneider doesn't get us closer to beating the Sharks if we repeat this performance.

That is up to Ivan and co to lift the side but a loss there wouldn't be the worst.

The side is lacking in many areas, papering over the cracks while winning hasn't helped. Maybe a few losses will

Fangs

Coach
It's not going to happen. This team is done in terms of being a (near) sole dominant force. Lost too much Quality, and the quality we have left just doesn't have the same sharpness, desire and intensity as they did during the three-peat.

Haha I can't write us off sorry.

It'll be our toughest test yet. Let's see which other teams are still standing by the end of the year.

Latest posts