What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs. New Zealand Warriors @Suncorp (Magic Round)

The Realist

Juniors
Is Stephen Crichton lose worth 6 points a game?

Easily. During the 3 peat we averaged around 12 points conceded a game. Now we are at roughly 18, whilst our points per game is also down.

Crazy that we let Critta go and then sign Tago for very similar money. I had high hopes for Tago, but not only has he stagnated, I’d argue he has gone backwards. Seems to have a bit of an attitude problem which is not surprising since his best mate in the team is Taylor May who at best is a lose unit.

Meanwhile Critta just gets better ever year and has a great attitude.

The Realist

Juniors
giphy-downsized-large.gif
Sums up the standard of our play.

Easily. During the 3 peat we averaged around 12 points conceded a game. Now we are at roughly 18, whilst our points per game is also down.

Crazy that we let Critta go and then sign Tago for very similar money. I had high hopes for Tago, but not only has he stagnated, I’d argue he has gone backwards. Seems to have a bit of an attitude problem which is not surprising since his best mate in the team is Taylor May who at best is a lose unit.

Meanwhile Critta just gets better ever year and has a great attitude.
💯 With you on this. We kept the wrong guys

Frankus

Juniors
Yeo in the presser was great, took accountability for his brain snap which is a hallmark of great leadership. We go again next week. Will be a tough game and we should go in as deserved underdogs.

hindy111

Post Whore
Warriors where missing their halfback,fullback and RTS. They then lost Egan early and Montoya.
It was a disaster of a loss.Yes Nathan helps but I don't see a 4 peat based on form.
People are dismissing the Sharks. I'd ask why? I think they are looking far better then the Panthers currently.
We are all just betting on last year's form. Reality is there is no Spencer or Crighton. Whilst JFH,MARTIN and Leota where in hot form. Right now I'd have Penrith about 5th favourites. They are battling right now. I won't dismiss them cause Nathan is HUGE.

Frankus

Juniors
I was at the game and it looked like they were carving us up on both edges.

Some work to do this week at training.
Yep, our defence on the edges looked rather brittle. Remember when we couldn’t hold a side out for a repeat set to save ourselves? My confidence in our defence has never fully recovered even though our defence in recent years has been impeccable.

We have a lot of guys that look underdone fitness wise. Also in the middle we were terrible when Yeo was off. He is so important to our middle defence. They were rolling through us and exploiting that area a lot when he was off.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Warriors where missing their halfback,fullback and RTS. They then lost Egan early and Montoya.
It was a disaster of a loss.Yes Nathan helps but I don't see a 4 peat based on form.
People are dismissing the Sharks. I'd ask why? I think they are looking far better then the Panthers currently.
We are all just betting on last year's form. Reality is there is no Spencer or Crighton. Whilst JFH,MARTIN and Leota where in hot form. Right now I'd have Penrith about 5th favourites. They are battling right now. I won't dismiss them cause Nathan is HUGE.
Our best covers the Sharks easily. We are miles off it but it's May

Frankus

Juniors
We are all just betting on last year's form. Reality is there is no Spencer or Crighton. Whilst JFH,MARTIN and Leota were in hot form. Right now I'd have Penrith about 5th favourites. They are battling right now. I won't dismiss them cause Nathan is HUGE.
This time last year the Rabbitohs were the best team in the comp. April/May premiers. If we can win half our games whilst Nathan is out, I think we can still finish top 4 and start building in August for another finals push.

No need to go jumping off bridges in May

This is true and why we are so short in personal at the club. 1 injury to either Leota, Fisher Harris or Yeo is the last nail in the coffin. We don't have what we had in prior years and we gotta admit it.

The Realist

Juniors
He is down as having only 1 miss though

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/05/19/warriors-v-panthers--round-11-2024/

Look at 1:22 and the sequence that follows. In particular take a look at 1:36.

Alamoti does not position himself well at all. Luai ended up copping the missed tackle on his stat sheet, and Alamoti nothing, yet that try is in part his fault. This is why the typical stat sheets we are presented with give us a distorted picture of what happens in games.

Alamoti needed to stay connected with the line and also be around 1.5-2 metres closer to Luai.

Sure the Warriors still could have scored with a longer pass to the fullback or a cut out to the winger, but both passes would be more difficult, and defence would have had more chance to initiate some contact as well as forcing the try closer to the sideline.

Ironically the Warriors ran a similar play on their try through Peachey. Peachey over corrected and stayed too close to Luai, but at least we got some contact on the ball carrier (To'o) - and also a tiny bit from Peach who is just too slow to recover.

For reference that sequence started at 3:36 on the same clip.

soc123_au

Staff member
Our best covers the Sharks easily. We are miles off it but it's May
Defence is still elite, even accounting for a few players (Tago cough cough) being very ordinary. My biggest concern yesterday was field position. Sharks play a pretty good style of Pantherball, this game is the first one since early 2020 that I'm not particularly confident about going in.

hindy111

Post Whore
This time last year the Rabbitohs were the best team in the comp. April/May premiers. If we can win half our games whilst Nathan is out, I think we can still finish top 4 and start building in August for another finals push.

No need to go jumping off bridges in May

Not jumping off bridges. Luai has shown glimpses of magic. But must finish top 4. I can't see a win against Sharks tbh.

Latest posts