What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs the Rabbitohs

franklin2323

Immortal
No he isn’t. And Moses has made a shit load more tackles and more post contact metres.

He has also played more minutes. So the total is more but ave

Leinu is ave 10m per run. Better then all the starters

Ave 9 runs a game for 24 mins

Leota and Eisenhuth 10 a game from 31mins

Leinu 14 tackles a game. Ave 0 a game. 4 missed in total. 92% tackle rate. Eisenhuth and Leota 91

Nothing to show why less game time anywhere

betcats

Referee
He has also played more minutes. So the total is more but ave

Leinu is ave 10m per run. Better then all the starters

Ave 9 runs a game for 24 mins

Leota and Eisenhuth 10 a game from 31mins

Leinu 14 tackles a game. Ave 0 a game. 4 missed in total. 92% tackle rate. Eisenhuth and Leota 91

Nothing to show why less game time anywhere

He’s not fit enough seems to be the answer. Our starters are doing it against better players and fresh defence to begin the game keep that in mind. Leota, fish and huth averaging a lot more than 14 tackles a game, defensive work rate may be the reason cause the minutes difference doesn’t make up for his lack of tackles

betcats

Referee
I think there is a lot more to lose by handing a young a spot and lots of minutes and never dropping them(I use that term lightly as we have a lot of depth) than there is to lose by moving a young down for a few weeks. How many young guys have we seen walk into first grade and never kick on despite being immensely talented? Heaps. Dallin, waqa, Carty are the most recent ones.

A few weeks out of the top team will just make Spencer hungrier to work harder to get that spot back if he has the right attitude it doesn’t hurt his development long term, I’ve seen plenty of guys who were hurt by being gifted a first grade spot with bows and ribbons, that makes guys entitled a lot of the time and they stop working as hard as they need to cause they feel like they have made it and they never live up to their potential.

Last edited:

Pomoz

Bench
I suspect the answer is to do with not wanting to burn out a young player working in the toughest position on the field. There is nothing in the stats, or, when you watch the game that would suggest there is any issue with his game. In fact in round 5, according to the Obstruction Rule, "he smashed out 14 runs in just 26 minutes" for 183m. Numbers that Leota could only match if he smuggled a Harley Davidson on the field and Eisenhuth could match if he strapped himself to JFH's back using a climbing harness and gaffer tape.

betcats

Referee
I suspect the answer is to do with not wanting to burn out a young player working in the toughest position on the field. There is nothing in the stats, or, when you watch the game that would suggest there is any issue with his game. In fact in round 5, according to the Obstruction Rule, "he smashed out 14 runs in just 26 minutes" for 183m. Numbers that Leota could only match if he smuggled a Harley Davidson on the field and Eisenhuth could match if he strapped himself to JFH's back using a climbing harness and gaffer tape.

He made a good 60 or 70 metres off one run in that game, against the raiders right after half time he made that big break

Blade23

Juniors

One of your best. Now I can't get the image of Leota on a Harley scooting around and Huth strapped to the JFH's back out of my head. :D

betcats

Referee
Our defence should dominate field position against south’s I just can’t see there forwards making much of an impact against us. As long as we don’t give them easy field position we will be good, their edge defence is suspect and they have some issues with ball handling at times they really don’t worry me to much as long as we turn up and play near our best.

Latest posts