What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs the Rabbitohs

betcats

Referee
They’re a different proposition with their spine back together.

True but their defence has been suspect since round 1. They will lift for us but if we can dominate the field position early on like we usually do I think there is a good chance they will struggle to hold us out.

Exsilium

First Grade
I'd more concerned with players laying down to gain an advantage.

It worked last week for them, it will again this week.

soc123_au

Staff member
Just thinking it could be an excuse to talk to the Tigers that’s all.
They have a taste for Panther meat.
He would have come through the grades with Cini. It's perfectly normal to go and watch your mate make his debut.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I'm of the belief that it will probably be better for us in the long run to lose a couple of tight games to give us a bit of steel and reign in overconfidence before the finals. But not to friggin' Souths.

Original Name

Juniors
I'm of the belief that it will probably be better for us in the long run to lose a couple of tight games to give us a bit of steel and reign in overconfidence before the finals. But not to friggin' Souths.
We face Melbourne in Melbourne and the Chooks will have their hooker and a few others back when they face us. But Souths without Murray don't make me wary. He contributes too much holding the defence together and all the quick ptbs he gets.

MugaB

Coach
I think there is a lot more to lose by handing a young a spot and lots of minutes and never dropping them(I use that term lightly as we have a lot of depth) than there is to lose by moving a young down for a few weeks. How many young guys have we seen walk into first grade and never kick on despite being immensely talented? Heaps. Dallin, waqa, Carty are the most recent ones.

A few weeks out of the top team will just make Spencer hungrier to work harder to get that spot back if he has the right attitude it doesn’t hurt his development long term, I’ve seen plenty of guys who were hurt by being gifted a first grade spot with bows and ribbons, that makes guys entitled a lot of the time and they stop working as hard as they need to cause they feel like they have made it and they never live up to their potential.
I know blade23 already mentioned that Ivan wanted to give Sorensen a run, but this a good thing, coz rotation of a few bench forwards and getting Esienhuth, Kenny, Sorensen, Leniu, Hopgood, and even Jaemon Salmon some reserve and 1st grade games to get used to each other all at 1st grade level, before Origin depletes most of our team, off the top of my head there is Nathan, Romey, Critta, Capes and Yeo that are definitely getting picked, which Burto, May, Nado, Marto, and Kenny cover for. Then there's a maybe with To'o with Rennings, and then we have to keep in mind Api might get a call up, which means Kenny comes in for him, and Liam Martin seems to be making a few squads on the commentators blues lists too. and we'll need a steady lock, so having Sorensen, Salmon, Hopgood and Lindsay Smith ready, with Leniu already used to the first 8 rounds, seems the plan to get everyone involved before a possible 5-8 of our panthers getting pulled out of our squad...
1.Edwards
2.Staines
3.Momo
4.Naden
5.RJennings
6.May
7.Burton
8.JFH
9.Kenny
10.Leota
11.Kikau
12.Sorenson
13.Esienhuth

14.Salmon
15.Smith
16.Leniu
17.Hopgood
Obviously it's not the strongest side we have, there's probably a few other juniors that could come into the side, but as far as 1st grade experience, these are the guys we are left with.
Now this team could beat the bottom placed teams like the tigers, but will struggle against warriors. Especially since its an away game in NZ, and possibly parramatta at home round 16 (Western Derby) which could be devastating if we lose to them with a seriously depleted squad...

But forget about origin players getting picked, if the worse thing happens where Edwards or some other of our top 13 gets an injury, whilst this young roster is playing or we get suspensions then we lose a possible 6 points if we lose all three games, so yeah im a fan of giving Leniu a stint in reserve grade, as he is pretty much stock standard 1st grade material, it means we can get a few of the other guys who aren't a few more runs before origin or suspensions/injuries hit us at the 2nd half of the season

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
I know blade23 already mentioned that Ivan wanted to give Sorensen a run, but this a good thing, coz rotation of a few bench forwards and getting Esienhuth, Kenny, Sorensen, Leniu, Hopgood, and even Jaemon Salmon some reserve and 1st grade games to get used to each other all at 1st grade level, before Origin depletes most of our team, off the top of my head there is Nathan, Romey, Critta, Capes and Yeo that are definitely getting picked, which Burto, May, Nado, Marto, and Kenny cover for. Then there's a maybe with To'o with Rennings, and then we have to keep in mind Api might get a call up, which means Kenny comes in for him, and Liam Martin seems to be making a few squads on the commentators blues lists too. and we'll need a steady lock, so having Sorensen, Salmon, Hopgood and Lindsay Smith ready, with Leniu already used to the first 8 rounds, seems the plan to get everyone involved before a possible 5-8 of our panthers getting pulled out of our squad...
1.Edwards
2.Staines
3.Momo
4.Naden
5.RJennings
6.May
7.Burton
8.JFH
9.Kenny
10.Leota
11.Kikau
12.Sorenson
13.Esienhuth

14.Salmon
15.Smith
16.Leniu
17.Hopgood
Obviously it's not the strongest side we have, there's probably a few other juniors that could come into the side, but as far as 1st grade experience, these are the guys we are left with.
Now this team could beat the bottom placed teams like the tigers, but will struggle against warriors. Especially since its an away game in NZ, and possibly parramatta at home round 16 (Western Derby) which could be devastating if we lose to them with a seriously depleted squad...

But forget about origin players getting picked, if the worse thing happens where Edwards or some other of our top 13 gets an injury, whilst this young roster is playing or we get suspensions then we lose a possible 6 points if we lose all three games, so yeah im a fan of giving Leniu a stint in reserve grade, as he is pretty much stock standard 1st grade material, it means we can get a few of the other guys who aren't a few more runs before origin or suspensions/injuries hit us at the 2nd half of the season

Double edged sword. Good to get the big game experience but have to lose them for club games. Can't complain at that team all things considered.

Jane Murray

Bench
1.Edwards
2.Staines
3.Momo
4.Naden
5.RJennings
6.May
7.Burton
8.JFH
9.Kenny
10.Leota
11.Kikau
12.Sorenson
13.Esienhuth

14.Salmon
15.Smith
16.Leniu
17.Hopgood

I would be pleasantly shocked if Critta gets picked in origin, especially now that Mitchell, and Fittler have mended their issues. Also, Tommy Turbo is back, so those issues will work against Crichton unfortunately.

Last edited: