What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Parra

murraymob

Coach
great effort by all the boys.Even better to see the young guys going well Cartwright and yeo both look to have good futures with us.Latimore doesnt get the wraps but again was a rock for us tonight.
The halves are slowly getting there but improving each week

Kilkenny

Coach
Tim Grant must really be out of favour given he was left out and not injured apparently.

Nigel Plum who hasn't played for some weeks was terrific and justified his being brought straight back in.

Tim may get a reprieve given Sam has sustained another injury to his ankle which has been an ongoing issue for him.

mxlegend99

Referee
Unbelievable defence considering 70 minutes of it was with both our first choice centres out. Couldn't name a bad player for the Panthers tonight, and I would struggle to pick a best for us as too many of them had great performances and big plays.

Love watching this spine play. Some serious points in our side when we have Segeyaro starting at hooker and Soward, Wallace and Moylan all getting better at linking up and creating opportunities.

I was hoping that Brown missing for a while would have him come back fired up and performing well, and if that game is any indication he could be back in form. He had a patch of great form last year, but until tonight we had not seen him anywhere near that sort of form.

I just pray that Whare is fit quickly. IMO if he plays the 80 minutes we keep the Eels to nil. Probably get a few extra tries through Simmo too. Not that his replacement was poor, he's just that good for us.

Kilkenny

Coach
My wife made a comment when we got back to our car at the paceway when she said the most influential person responsible for our changing fortunes is none other than Gus Gould.

Hard to argue given our astute recruitment and junior development.

Gould is much maligned and not everyones favourite person but you have to give the guy credit he has done much to turn our fortunes around.

friend10

Juniors
Mansour for the blues but he might want to continue representing lebanon,
I wish Radadrararara would play for the blues,
I wish Reynolds got suspended for more games so Soward would get picked for origin,
Moylan the next slater - he is not as big as inglis or hayne though

franklin2323

Immortal
Tim Grant must really be out of favour given he was left out and not injured apparently.

He doesn't talk to the coach. Whenever we have 5 fit props he will never play. No matter the form of him or the others.

We are so much better without Kingston in the team. Seg & Peachey must start every week. Kingston simply has no place in the team

Anyone know the fallout from the injuries? Moylan didn't seem that good either.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Kingston should not come back. Simmons was poor I think. We could replace him. Kite is still relatively underwhelming. The rest of the team played well and should be commended.

meek

Juniors
Thought peachey made it nigh impossible for him to be dropped for kingston
Played great has to be in the team
for me standout is Taylor does more than most realise , different team with Taylor in
great dilemma for lvan "what to do abt kingston "
surely he cant rush him back in , Ivan NÒOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont do it

well done panthers

Last edited:

meek

Juniors
My wife made a comment when we got back to our car at the paceway when she said the most influential person responsible for our changing fortunes is none other than Gus Gould.

Hard to argue given our astute recruitment and junior development.

Gould is much maligned and not everyones favourite person but you have to give the guy credit he has done much to turn our fortunes around.

Agree , would not be competitive like we are now if not for Gould

betcats

Referee
Thought peachey made it nigh impossible for him to be dropped for kingston
Played great has to be in the team
for me standout is Taylor does more than most realise , different team with Taylor in
great dilemma for lvan "what to do abt kingston "
surely he cant rush him back in , Ivan NÒOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont do it

well done panthers

Seggy and Peach both playing well and 3 wins in a row, it will be hard to bring Kev in, I still have a bad feeling though.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Seggy and Peach both playing well and 3 wins in a row, it will be hard to bring Kev in, I still have a bad feeling though.

Segs and peach really do provide that spark out there that is missing when Kingston is on. After watching peach out-sprint a couple of parra backs last night it makes me wonder if there is a faster forward in the game. And 3 wins in a row in this comp is no easy feat regardless of the teams we have beaten.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
One of the best games the Panthers have played in the last 5 years.

Up until last night I thought we would make the top 8 and then be out in the finals. Now I think we can actually win the comp.

Parra had chances in the first half with Rarrada opening us up a few times but our defence held solid.

Big improvement with our attack. The halve are really starting to gel.

Sowards kicking game to Hunt was clinical. The poor kid was moved to the wing to hide him but Soward just followed him.

Hope we didn't get too many injuries.

chrisD

Coach
That's the most dangerous we've looked up the middle. Taylor, Peach and Cartwright playing in behind Segs adds a lot to the team as a whole in attack.

Sowards kicking destroyed them. Break out night for Peach, Mansour just doing what he does.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Kingston will no doubt have to play Reserve Grade and wait for an injury to get an opportunity. His presence in NSW Cup will help that side too.

martielang

Bench
Mansour hasnt made a decision either way still. No doubt he wants to stay and hitting his emblem confirms that but IMO it would be one of the greatest shows of loyalty this game has ever seen to knock back a minimum (additional) $150k PA to stay.

I have been so impressed with Yeo. He has come out of nowhere and looks every bit the first grader. Brilliant defence and extremely underrated with the ball.