What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Sharks

WestyLife

First Grade
People need to be realistic too. We have 3 halves out that is going to have an affect. When we held the ball we attacked ok today...

Everything else was the issue

Yeah I'm in full piss take mode with the halves.

Though I am concerned with Cole. Seems highly rated but don't see much there.

The Realist

Juniors
We are going to get pumped based on current form. Like everyone else I thought the Sharkies were a bit of a joke like the last 2 seasons, beating up on weak competition with an easy draw but failing whenever put up against strong battle hardened teams.

The last 2 weeks proves they are the real deal whilst we have been ordinary.

Big Mick

Referee
1. Edwards, 2. Turuva, 3. Tago, 4. Alamoti, 5. To'o, 6. Toelau, 7. Luai, 8. Leota, 9. Kenny, 10. JFH, 11. Garner, 12. Martin, 13. Yeo
14. Cole, 15. Smith, 16. Henry, 17. Sorro, 18. Geyer, 19. Riki, 20. Sommerton, 21. McLean, 22. Iongi

soc123_au

Staff member
We'll beat you guys next week, and I'm not saying this in a combative way.
Everyone has said we have a weak draw, but what we have been doing is building up for these weeks.
After that we will taper off in prep for the end of season.
Right now though, we are on task.
If you win, it will be a great win for your club.

Please do not take my post as a sign of disrespect. You guys are the best club team I've seen since the early 80's Parra side. And I love watching you play.
I'm only talking of this week, not the end of season.
You guys are killing it, had a bit of luck with a few opposition outs, but you can only beat whoever you are up against. On current form we wont get near you, hopefully yesterdays result was the kick in the arse we needed.

I'm actually nervous about this one, first time in a while.

MugaB

Coach
He's a kid so I don't want to be harsh but Cole doesn't seem to pass, kick or even run well. Better off looking at other options
I told you guys, if schnieder was fit cole wouldn’t even be there, I reckon his defence is the only reason he is there, as it puts him just above laurie, which is a shame, coz lauire can be a weapon in attack

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
1.D Edwards
2.S Turuva
3.I Tago
5.L Garner (Sharks outside backs there for his D)
5.B To'o
6.J Cole
7.J Luai
8.M Leota
9.M Kenny
10.J Fisher-Harris
11.S Sorensen
12.L Martin
13.I Yeo

14.T Toelau
15.L Smith
16.L Henry
17.M Geyer/P Riki
18.P Riki/M Geyer
Where's Alamoti? Surely he is better in centre

maple_69

Bench
We've always looked like we're going a bit worse than we really are, then we'll run into a big game and switch into 5th gear. We'll see what a big game can do for the attitude. Really just want to see the defence fire up, we have been so slow off the line, haven't been holding guys up and driving back to destroy the ruck momentum and we've been left in arm wrestles as a result. It's not even the bench, its the starting pack. Fish, Leota & Martin need to get it together.

I'd give Cole the Cleary period. Kid made 38 tackles and he didn't buckle. First try looked like Tago not trusting him and not releasing on CNK early enough, 3rd he was in field having made a tackle and Martin didn't release on TMM early enough. Both factors of a makeshift edge. Hopefully we see him build in confidence as he starts to get comfortable with the pace and teams give up on targeting him. I remember the game Cleary debuted, Melbourne threw everything at him, he would have had a similar tackle count. He didn't do shit but he didn't cave. A 20 year old getting pumped is not why we lost, its on the senior half and the pack who were too ill disciplined and lost the ruck.

globalpanther

Juniors
We've always looked like we're going a bit worse than we really are, then we'll run into a big game and switch into 5th gear. We'll see what a big game can do for the attitude. Really just want to see the defence fire up, we have been so slow off the line, haven't been holding guys up and driving back to destroy the ruck momentum and we've been left in arm wrestles as a result. It's not even the bench, its the starting pack. Fish, Leota & Martin need to get it together.

I'd give Cole the Cleary period. Kid made 38 tackles and he didn't buckle. First try looked like Tago not trusting him and not releasing on CNK early enough, 3rd he was in field having made a tackle and Martin didn't release on TMM early enough. Both factors of a makeshift edge. Hopefully we see him build in confidence as he starts to get comfortable with the pace and teams give up on targeting him. I remember the game Cleary debuted, Melbourne threw everything at him, he would have had a similar tackle count. He didn't do shit but he didn't cave. A 20 year old getting pumped is not why we lost, its on the senior half and the pack who were too ill disciplined and lost the ruck.
Hope youre right Maple...My fingers are crossed...

CCJohnC

Juniors

You say we are slow off the line and the reason is this stupid 6 again rule which we cop very often. Agree with your comments on Cole keep him in.

Latest posts