What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Sharks

hindy111

Post Whore
Based on form I didn't see that coming.
Luai was brilliant tonight. Long and short kicking game and running game. To be fair to the Sharks they had a stinker. 3 dropped balls early resulted in 3 tries.
Luai and the forwards defens won the game. I thought the attack still looked a bit clunky especially in the 2nd half and Alamoti if was a bit more skill full sets up 2 or 3 tries. If it was Crighton for example.

I can only assume Penrith have been flat all year. They've been up for 4yrs. But come finals I suspect we see more like tonight's attitude. The defense if plays like that will.make them a very hard side to beat.

hindy111

Post Whore
Luai was brilliant tonight. Long and short kicking game and running game. To be fair to the Sharks they had a stinker. 3 dropped balls early resulted in 3 tries.
Luai and the forwards defens won the game. I thought the attack still looked a bit clunky especially in the 2nd half and Alamoti if was a bit more skill full sets up 2 or 3 tries. If it was Crighton for example.

I can only assume Penrith have been flat all year. They've been up for 4yrs. But come finals I suspect we see more like tonight's attitude. The defense if plays like that will.make them a very hard side to beat.

hindy111

Post Whore

Chins get the wins

First Grade

You actually thought the Sharks would win hahaha

Iamback

Coach
If May is found guilty and sacked then play Cole at center next season. He will easily cover it and provide an extra dimension - him also being a half is just a huge positive.

Edwards
To’o
Tago
Cole
Alamoti

That is an exciting back 5.

McLean will replace Turuva. Only injury stops Cole being the 6 round 1 next year

McLean will replace Turuva. Only injury stops Cole being the 6 round 1 next year
I still like

Edwards
To’o
Tago
Cole
Alamoti

Schneider
Cleary

I think you get best of all worlds having Cole - possibly as a roving center and Schneider playing half with 6 on his back and Cleary roving both sides but with 7 on his back. Cogger/Cleary feels. Cole in center Burto feels.

Your suggestion with McLean wing and Cole 5’8 isn’t bad either. I think Alamoti could be a beast winger though and seems a much stronger runner than both McLeans. Maybe not as athletic though is the brothers.

BxTom

Bench
Whilst the win was great, we are likely to lose Laui and Edwards and maybe Kenny to SOO on top of the usuals.

age.s

First Grade
Can we show some love for Mitch Kenny tonight?
2 try assists, topped the tackle count, and was getting out of dummy half putting the markers in two minds.

What a legend.
Geez he was good tonight.

It blows my mind that the NSW 14 jersey is looking like a shoot-out between Mitch Kenny and Cam McInnes.

We've just witnessed the future of the Panthers in a small way tonight.

Smith, Henry, Cole, Alamoti, along with relatively young Tago, Kenny, To'o and Martin, will make this club the standard for years.

Cleary, Yeo and Edwards also still have years left, and their experience and talents will guide all the young Panthers to the standard required to be great.

Again, this win has proved that the salary cap can build a great CLUB, where depth is the important thing.

I still smile when I see the clubs with zero depth and half the salary cap tied up in 10 players struggle when injury strikes.

Faith is restored Panthers fans after a slow start to the season, but this is similar to last year too.

betcats

Referee
Only thing I noticed last night which should improve is alamoti struggling to get the ball to his winger on about 3 overlaps closer to the line, needs to get a bit deeper I think

betcats

Referee
Assuming we don’t sign another prop next year or move marto I think Henry could be the one to get the starting spot. Lindsay clearly above him right now but I love what I see from Henry, similar to Lindsay but I think he’s a bit quicker off the mark, a bit more aggressive and a possibly a bit fitter, he has a great motor.

Assuming we don’t sign another prop next year or move marto I think Henry could be the one to get the starting spot. Lindsay clearly above him right now but I love what I see from Henry, similar to Lindsay but I think he’s a bit quicker off the mark, a bit more aggressive and a possibly a bit fitter, he has a great motor.
Lindsay Smith played middle and both edges last night. I was a little surprised until I realised Sorenson was back on and he only plays left edge and Smith just seamlessly transitioned to the right.

Great junior who has more to his game than we usually get to see.

Iamback

Coach

I had this discussion last off season but Henry is much better as a starter than off the bench. Especially if Ivan keeps playing Smith on an edge. Sorro/Smith off the bench gives it more flexibility to play around with the other 2 spots. We can go a big guy like Luron. Or go mobile with Mav depending on the opposition

Latest posts