What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - Dolphins

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Hasler will do a great job so, we don't need Ryles. The Roosters and Storm don't want Ryles and neither to I.
in the end its not what you want, its not yours or anyone's decision , I feel the board has made their decision and Ryles will be announced in a week or two

rasaint

Juniors
Won’t worry about the ‘7’ tackle try.

A slow mo then still frame showing a tiny micro second that tackler had Amone ankle and then fell off. In normal circumstances it would have been play on, try next to post. Very dodgy way of adjudicating imo.

Bird scores and taking high swing arm hit to head, no sin bin or 8 pointer. Dolphins and Wayne the darings of the league? I suggest yes.We are going poorly but that match with 3 reports including Masila up ended in dangerous tackle without ball; only JDB binned, game spoiled. Dolphin’s penalties galore and 6 agains. Yeah yeah.

Crush

Coach
Oh yes Warner in England being towelled up by pensioners and being persevered with that will be entertaining
Just on the ashes briefly, whilst I wouldn’t be taking Warner myself, I certainly hope that he does well over there and will not be death riding him just to prove a point.
And for people to be saying that we will get taught a lesson before a ball has been bowled is just being ridiculously pessimistic.
Compared to some of the dark places we’ve been in the past 5 years or so, this team looks pretty settled and in good form.
We have good depth in the bowling ranks and our batsmen are all scoring runs in either county cricket or other formats.
Yes we lost to India 2-1 and that was disappointing but we aren’t in a position where I’d be saying we’ll get taught a lesson.
Beating England over there will be extremely challenging but we are in a good spot to challenge them, I think it will be a cracking series. England may come out on top, they usually do over there but I would be surprised if they beat us 5 nil or 4 nil like we do when they tour, that’s teaching someone a lesson.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Won’t worry about the ‘7’ tackle try.

A slow mo then still frame showing a tiny micro second that tackler had Amone ankle and then fell off. In normal circumstances it would have been play on, try next to post. Very dodgy way of adjudicating imo.

Bird scores and taking high swing arm hit to head, no sin bin or 8 pointer. Dolphins and Wayne the darings of the league? I suggest yes.We are going poorly but that match with 3 reports including Masila up ended in dangerous tackle without ball; only JDB binned, game spoiled. Dolphin’s penalties galore and 6 agains. Yeah yeah.
It's the old problem of consistency, or lack thereof. I can accept JDB being sent to the bin for 10 minutes as long as every similar tackler receives the same treatment. But as we all know, they don't. The ref's stamp their authority early on in the match, then seem to back off a bit (OK, not always). It is still very frustrating when a sin bin, deserved or not, can virtually decide the outcome of a game in the first half hour.

Old Timer

Coach
It's the old problem of consistency, or lack thereof. I can accept JDB being sent to the bin for 10 minutes as long as every similar tackler receives the same treatment. But as we all know, they don't. The ref's stamp their authority early on in the match, then seem to back off a bit (OK, not always). It is still very frustrating when a sin bin, deserved or not, can virtually decide the outcome of a game in the first half hour.
Nailed it with this post

A slow mo then still frame showing a tiny micro second that tackler had Amone ankle and then fell off.
Be a shame to deny us that try as Junior Amone showed a good step then determination to get across the whitewash, followed mins later with his skillful grubber for Bird to score.

Dragon David

First Grade
..and we let him go. His old man wanted him to play for us.
Tristian Sailor should have been given more of a run under Mary, but we had Dufty and Widdop and Hunt around in Tristian's early days with us. He showed immense promise with his Dad's DNA in him but could not break in. I guess we could have kept him on the books but unfortunately being out and about town just being a man could have curtailed his career with us.

Now that he seems to be stable, still studying and playing Cup footy and stepping up last night and playing a really good game in attack and defence and praised by those commentators watching him, he might be worth considering bringing back to the Dragons.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Tristian Sailor should have been given more of a run under Mary, but we had Dufty and Widdop and Hunt around in Tristian's early days with us. He showed immense promise with his Dad's DNA in him but could not break in. I guess we could have kept him on the books but unfortunately being out and about town just being a man could have curtailed his career with us.

Now that he seems to be stable, still studying and playing Cup footy and stepping up last night and playing a really good game in attack and defence and praised by those commentators watching him, he might be worth considering bringing back to the Dragons.
Why would he come back? I expect he was very cut when we failed to offer another contract when he was facing legal proceedings. Wendell was very salty about it at the time.
I think it was an understandable decision to cut ties but from the other side it may seem a betrayal

justadragon

Bench

There would be no chance he comes back to the Dragons Dave, his old man was really angry that the Dragons punted him, just my opinion but there would no way Wendell would let that happen and personally I think it would be embarrassing for the Dragons to hold out that olive branch. The ship has sailed (no pun intended).

Illusion

Bench
There would be no chance he comes back to the Dragons Dave, his old man was really angry that the Dragons punted him, just my opinion but there would no way Wendell would let that happen and personally I think it would be embarrassing for the Dragons to hold out that olive branch. The ship has sailed (no pun intended).
The old saying , you can't keep them all , but we seem to keep the wrong ones and let the good ones go .......

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Tbh I don't blame dell. We stuck by jdb and now we've stuck by amone but happily gave Tristan the boot. f**k mary