What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - Dolphins

qld redvee

Juniors
I agree but could we make it a tad more than a player or two.....and I'm glad you said decent....no more used by journeymen thanks....I'm all for grooming our own but sometimes a club needs some decent experienced bodies to guide these young blokes on the paddock.....and by that I don't mean the Mbyes and Birds of this world
bse agree 100%. we need to get the couchmans and 2 ex manly guys up to speed ditch the players that are just making up the numbers and invest in quality this is where we have let ourselves down by not having a proper pathway system but rather only paying it lip service while we watched youngsters go

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yeah, staying awake until the early hours of the morning. Great stuff - the best cricket is between us and the Poms and of course us beating them.
Yes David I remember when I was a younger bloke laying in bed with my tranny on and ear piece in place and listen till the tea break...buggered if I know how I fronted for school or work a few hours later.....ahhh the memories mate

possm

Coach
bse agree 100%. we need to get the couchmans and 2 ex manly guys up to speed ditch the players that are just making up the numbers and invest in quality this is where we have let ourselves down by not having a proper pathway system but rather only paying it lip service while we watched youngsters go
We need experienced and clever staff in the football department of the club. People like Hasler, Brown, and Richardson would make a big difference to the way things are being done right now.

I'd say the balance of players within our squad and the fitness of these players is my main concern. So, I'd start with ensuring our top 17 players are seasoned, experienced, and talented first-grade players. After this backfilling with talented juniors is the only way to stay within the salary cap while remaining competitive.
1. A spine (1, 6, 7, 9) with at least two marquee players.
$2.5m
2. Ensure we have defensively strong and very fit prop forwards (8, 10, 15, 16)
$2m
3. A back-row of big, fit, and fast players. (11, 12, 13, 17)
$2m
4. Very quick outside backs who are also good defensively (2, 3, 4, 5)
$2m
5. A quality junior as our bench utility (14)
$300k
$8.8m for the top 17

Ensure our reserve-grade side is packed promising juniors and coached to be ready and able to fill a first-grade spot.
4. Hire the best fitness staff and constantly monitor their performance in the job of keeping our players fit for the game.

qld redvee

Juniors
We need experienced and clever staff in the football department of the club. People like Hasler, Brown, and Richardson would make a big difference to the way things are being done right now.

I'd say the balance of players within our squad and the fitness of these players is my main concern. So, I'd start with ensuring our top 17 players are seasoned, experienced, and talented first-grade players. After this backfilling with talented juniors is the only way to stay within the salary cap while remaining competitive.
1. A spine (1, 6, 7, 9) with at least two marquee players.
$2.5m
2. Ensure we have defensively strong and very fit prop forwards (8, 10, 15, 16)
$2m
3. A back-row of big, fit, and fast players. (11, 12, 13, 17)
$2m
4. Very quick outside backs who are also good defensively (2, 3, 4, 5)
$2m
5. A quality junior as our bench utility (14)
$300k
$8.8m for the top 17

Ensure our reserve-grade side is packed promising juniors and coached to be ready and able to fill a first-grade spot.
4. Hire the best fitness staff and constantly monitor their performance in the job of keeping our players fit for the
Poss,
Will be a few years down the track to achieve that due to contracts. We need a proper pathway program implemented and a higher level of fitness.and as you said a reserve grade squad packed with ready to go players.we have to once again rebuild from ground up. Need a new coach announced asap in the hope of attracting some new good cattle and work on the coachman's etc so they become true first graders

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Poor Griffing tries to fix the leaking points on the left side of the Dragons.
Dolphines scored 4 tries on that side .
He lost the Dressing shed , his people skills are reckless which led to his sacking.
I hope Ryles Comes in and fixes this no matter the outcome, Fegai, suli and sloane the culprits this game, if they dont start tackling then goodbye .

Last edited:

SAP58

Juniors
He lost the Dressing shed , his people skills a reckless and led to his sacking .
I hope Ryles Comes in and Fixes this no matter the outcome , Fegai, suli and sloane the culprits this game , if they dont start tackling then goodbye .
I would be moving Suli to the wing he doesnt communicate enough particularly in defence I would hate to be a winger outside him you would have no idea what he is going to do. Also our next winger to choose to tackle letting the winger score untouched should be introduced to the reggies coach one of my pet hates !

Mojo

Bench
I would be moving Suli to the wing he doesnt communicate enough particularly in defence I would hate to be a winger outside him you would have no idea what he is going to do. Also our next winger to choose to tackle letting the winger score untouched should be introduced to the reggies coach one of my pet hates !
What about a good old legs tackle? Trying to grab a strong guy‘s torso when they‘re already running at full speed, especially when they have a strong fend and a bigger body than you, including a longer reach, is doing it the hard way IMO. I know, I know - wrap up the ball etc - a player running at full pace hits the ground in a fraction of a second, if tackled properly around the lower legs. This is a key part of the problem with our defence IMO - especially when trying to defend in a line break situation. Go back and watch Raper in cover defence.

maestro1

Bench
We have had a lot of very stoppable trie scored against us where 3 defenders didn't communicate and ALL OVERCHASED the winger who stepped back infield and the scored untouched. It happened twice and nearl 3 times against the Tigers. Happened on ANZAC day as well. It is obvious that they aren't talking or don't have the IQ to make the right call.

maestro1

Bench
Our lack of a good prop rotation is causing headaches behind the ruck. Also, do we practice the wrestle, as it seems to me that we don't legally hold the opposition down. Teams seem to make 60 on us every set and then kick and keep us in our quarter by usually being offside and the refs let it go. It is strange as we are the worst wrestlers yet we seem to be penalised more. We are also victims of refereeing inconsistencies. We get at least one inoccuos binning per game, yet when we deserve an opposition player going to the bin, the ref and bunker allow him to stay on and on report. Doesn't make sense. We have had more binnings the last 3 seasons with daylight second.

Illusion

Bench
We have had a lot of very stoppable trie scored against us where 3 defenders didn't communicate and ALL OVERCHASED the winger who stepped back infield and the scored untouched. It happened twice and nearl 3 times against the Tigers. Happened on ANZAC day as well. It is obvious that they aren't talking or don't have the IQ to make the right call.
Why do our wingers keep coming in and leaving their winger un marked ...... Been happening for Zonks now ......

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Why do our wingers keep coming in and leaving their winger un marked ...... Been happening for Zonks now ......
Correct I've said it before. Both our wingers are guilty of this and in most cases miss the tackle then are beaten for speed on the outside. Makes you wonder what happens at training? The same goes for Sloan catching high balls. That should be the main focus for him imo.

possm

Coach
He lost the Dressing shed , his people skills are reckless which led to his sacking.
I hope Ryles Comes in and fixes this no matter the outcome, Fegai, suli and sloane the culprits this game, if they dont start tackling then goodbye .
Hasler will do a great job so, we don't need Ryles. The Roosters and Storm don't want Ryles and neither to I.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes David I remember when I was a younger bloke laying in bed with my tranny on and ear piece in place and listen till the tea break...buggered if I know how I fronted for school or work a few hours later.....ahhh the memories mate
Yes, same here BSE. Depending how long the test would run - more 4 days matches than the 5 thank goodness, I would come into work glassy eyed and dozing at my desk after listening on the old tranny in bed with ear phones in - trying to get to sleep by turning the tranny off at tea break but because I was too inquisitive as to the score, I kept turning the tranny on. I went to the Lords test in 2001 when I was living over in England with my wife and young boys. We won that test and the series. I loved it.

Latest posts