What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 | Tigers 17-16* Knights @ Leichhardt | Monday 6th June 2011

Tigers vs Knights (R13)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serc

First Grade
Yep spot on there Baron (who'd have thought I'd ever say that :p)

Unbelieveable amount of carries from Kaufusi...given he usually makes somewhere between 4-6 runs per game.

Apey

Staff member
JM will be all over this like a rash (and rightfully so) :lol:

Just remember that he's been told to look elsewhere and is currently looking for a new home.

When he finds one we will again see the Kaufusi we love to hate either at the Knights or at his new club with his epic < 5 runs and corresponding < 40m :lol:

Last edited:

Whats Doing

Bench
You obviously didn't watch round 1 or 2 of this season, or any of Henry's games in NYC in 09 or 10...

As for the pair of them, I have (probably) watched more games of both and they have both shown a lot in the dozen or so games that I've seen each of them play.

Incorrect. Yes I saw the first two games of the season and I have seen him play NYC in 2009 and 2010.

The first two games of the season were against rubbish opposition. Even our nuffies played well so that is no real guide. If you think playing well in NYC is a guarantee of playing well in NRL you are dreaming. Defence is non existent in NYC so scoring tries does not equate to having sufficient attacking skills at the NRL level. In 2010 his performance was average although his previous year was much better.

What was his stats last night - 6 missed tackles in 14 and except for one good break, he was missing in attack for the rest of the night which is the same as for the past 3 weeks.

I hope he improves and can establish himself as a genuine first grader but from what I have seen of Roberts, he has shown more potential

billy2

Juniors
Could we see a debutant prop next week?
I'd love to see Sinbad get a run just to see how he looks on TV.

I saw a movie review of an Arnie S movie years ago where they described Arnie as looking like a condom stuffed with walnuts - and that's a fair description of Sinbad I reckon - he is the most cut looking prop going around I reckon - so cut you would think he could carry another 6 or 7 kg.

Johns Magic

Referee
I'm stoked Kaufusi played so well last night.

If he keeps it up, some other poor misguided club will take him off our hands and he won't be our problem anymore.

Adsy

Juniors
I'm stoked Kaufusi played so well last night.

If he keeps it up, some other poor misguided club will take him off our hands and he won't be our problem anymore.

Bingo.

Wouldn't mind if Souths took him right now TBH. I know we are already short on props but I'm starting to look towards 2012 and blooding a few guys like Tetevano, etc, would be more excting to watch than AK and Tolar.

Serc

First Grade
If you think playing well in NYC is a guarantee of playing well in NRL you are dreaming. Defence is non existent in NYC so scoring tries does not equate to having sufficient attacking skills at the NRL level.

Of course I don't think it's a gaurantee, but there are countless players from the halves and backline who have been successful (in some cases very successful) in the NRL since they started doing Toyota Cup Player(s) of the Year in 2008.

Names like Dugan, Barba, Coote, Yow Yeh, Joel Thompson, Cherry-Evans, Lui, Widdop, Kevin Gordon, Sandow, Foran, Fai-Fai Loa, Farrell, Tony Williams...and no doubt there will be additions like Sam Williams and others from the 09 and 10 crops by the end of this year too! All these names were the Toyota Cup player of the year in their position.

Interestingly, of the 3 Players of the year (Hunt 2008, Henry 2009, Sims 2010) only one has really started to take off in the NRL so far, that being Sims. In particular last weekends game in Canberra, and a couple of other games this year.

Serc

First Grade
Yeah sorry lol...as you can see I added a few first names to save confusion, and after all that I missed one of the big 3!

voltron

Juniors
Of course I don't think it's a gaurantee, but there are countless players from the halves and backline who have been successful (in some cases very successful) in the NRL since they started doing Toyota Cup Player(s) of the Year in 2008.

Names like Dugan, Barba, Coote, Yow Yeh, Joel Thompson, Cherry-Evans, Lui, Widdop, Kevin Gordon, Sandow, Foran, Fai-Fai Loa, Farrell, Tony Williams...and no doubt there will be additions like Sam Williams and others from the 09 and 10 crops by the end of this year too! All these names were the Toyota Cup player of the year in their position.

Interestingly, of the 3 Players of the year (Hunt 2008, Henry 2009, Sims 2010) only one has really started to take off in the NRL so far, that being Sims. In particular last weekends game in Canberra, and a couple of other games this year.

i'll give you dugan, widdop, fai-fai
dont know who thompson or farrell are tbh
please come on, tony williams? sandow?
barba was played at fullback and stuff in the year the dogs got the spoon, then wasnt seen for a year and he was terrible then, flashes of what he's producing now, but still terrible

foran and DCE are both excellent, but play with a great forward pack, but yes they are great. same with coote
gordon and yow-yeh are both wingers so its a bit different, but still both are great talents
im sure henry will kick on, and we saw that in the first two games of the year, but getting confidence back after broken bones is not easy.
and i think the game on monday helped a lot, because he was trying to run it a lot, test the leg. and with confidence the rest will come

Serc

First Grade
dont know who thompson or farrell are tbh

Joel Thompson plays for the Raiders (at a guess has played around 20-30 games of firstgrade in the centres)

Dylan Farrell has been starting centre for Souths since round 1 this year (I think he he played a bunch of games last year)

please come on, tony williams? sandow?

Both are regular firstgraders, and regardless of whether you enjoy a good lol@souffs or lol@Sandow or not, he is a regular first choice NRL halfback.

barba was played at fullback and stuff in the year the dogs got the spoon, then wasnt seen for a year and he was terrible then, flashes of what he's producing now, but still terrible

Barba is not terrible! Its hardly fair to write off a 20 year old kid (who was still eligible for NYC at the time) who was playing in a wooden spoon team (2008). Anyway, in 2010 he had some good moments, and this year he has been a bit up and down, but generally pretty good (when you smooth out his half dozen or so great games he's had this year)

Barba is currently leading the comp in tries (10) and line breaks (16) with a fair gap to 2nd place for both. Sounds just like Uate's stats at this point last season :)

im sure henry will kick on, and we saw that in the first two games of the year, but getting confidence back after broken bones is not easy.
and i think the game on monday helped a lot, because he was trying to run it a lot, test the leg. and with confidence the rest will come

Yeah hopefully with most of the rest of this season to get things going, Henry will show a lot more :)