What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 | Tigers 17-16* Knights @ Leichhardt | Monday 6th June 2011

Tigers vs Knights (R13)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nuffy

Bench
I hope Rick goes nuts at the press conference. I'm sure we can all chip in to pay the fine.

Ain't going to happen, lets see who picks his cliches

I'll start with:

- It was a good game of footy, both sides tried hard and we just came up a bit short.

- Some of the calls were a little disappointing but we'll have a look at the tape during the week and speak with Bill.

What do you think?

Whats Doing

Bench
He was absolutely painful, tackling, kicking, running all woeful. i really hate to react to a bloke that's only played a handful of games but i haven't seen much in him at all. Definitely willing to give him the season but, there must be talent there somewhere.

Where?? I have yet to see it

Rusty

Juniors
He was absolutely painful, tackling, kicking, running all woeful. i really hate to react to a bloke that's only played a handful of games but i haven't seen much in him at all. Definitely willing to give him the season but, there must be talent there somewhere.

Agreed.

In the first half he looked totally lost and was shut down easily. His kicking game was particularly woeful. Total air swings that were lucky to make contact with the ball.

Joker's Wild

Coach
We forgetting his great run to set up the Costigan try?

He has the talent, he is just lacking the confidence and commitment at the moment

Henry was poor.

Gidley was dreadful 2 intercepts seriously! - Kurt we pay your paycheques how about concentrating on us instead of SOO like you do everytime at this time of year.

Ciraldo should be drowned.

Solid work from the backs.

Well done Tui & Richie solid efforts week in week out.

Costigans best game by a mile for us.

Ref's killed us and was a cracker of a game too watch.

Nuffy

Bench
Stones conferences are a waste of time, he's got the opportunity to make some strong points about aspects of the game and instead he mumbles his way through a grab bag of cliches and waffle he uttered.

Waste of time.

Nuffy

Bench
The Bennett decision is looking better by the day, its hard to see that Stone is getting any better, might be better if he gets a head coach role somewhere else during the 4 yrs as we might be dodging a bullet.

chinorocks

Juniors
Ref's murdered us. We did well to only lose by 1 given the penalty count.

Nev was huge.

Kicking game was abysmal. I said it last week I'll say it again, Beau Henry sucks. He made one good run granted, but his kicking game was terrible, he stifled several promising looking raids by not simply catching an passing, and he missed a shitload of tackles. I know he's young but deadset he needs some time in reggies cause right now he is not up to it.

Ciraldo should not be paid. Ever again. He is useless. He might well be the worst player we've ever had and we've had guys like Greg Smith and Justin Ryder.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Ain't going to happen, lets see who picks his cliches

I'll start with:

- It was a bit of a good game of footy, both sides tried hard a bit and we just came up a bit short.

- Some of the calls were a little bit disappointing but we'll have a bit of a look at the tape during the week and speak a bit with Bill.

What do you think?

I think you're a little bit right. But I fixed it up just a bit.

Whats Doing

Bench
We forgetting his great run to set up the Costigan try?

He has the talent, he is just lacking the confidence and commitment at the moment

One moment of good play is not good enough in 80 minutes football. Apart from setting up the Costigan try, he was terrible in defence, has a poor kicking game and wasn't sighted in attack apart from the Costigan try.

Roberts showed more in one game than Henry has showed in 5.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Jeez I think there's a bit of denial in here. There are shit calls every game. Good teams rise above them.

As I said in the other game-day thread, we couldn't gain the metres to get into good position when we needed them most. Yet the Tigers just waltzed down the field with ease. So bloody frustrating.

I can't believe Gidley dropped that ball on one of the only times we actually were in a good position.

Still, we did 10x better than I thought we would. I was thinking Tigers comfortably.

Also, what Tolar and Ciraldo did was absolute disgraceful. They should be suspended for the rest of 2011.

One moment of good play is not good enough in 80 minutes football. Apart from setting up the Costigan try, he was terrible in defence, has a poor kicking game and wasn't sighted in attack apart from the Costigan try.

Roberts showed more in one game than Henry has showed in 5. Heavens for bid but Buck shows he is a class above.

Bout it would be a bitter pill for stone to swallow on top of everything else.

macavity

Referee
Jeez I think there's a bit of denial in here. There are shit calls every game. Good teams rise above them.

As I said in the other game-day thread, we couldn't gain the metres to get into good position when we needed them most. Yet the Tigers just waltzed down the field with ease. So bloody frustrating.

I can't believe Gidley dropped that ball on one of the only times we actually were in a good position.

Still, we did 10x better than I thought we would. I was thinking Tigers comfortably.

Also, what Tolar and Ciraldo did was absolute disgraceful. They should be suspended for the rest of 2011.

Shit calls, sure. But multiple game changing ones that all go one way?

jonno_knights

Juniors
1. Simona's pass for the Brown try was forward

2. DeGois penalised for making a takle. Ref has no clue, saying it was for holding down, then it was because he bit Marshall in the head, then it was because of holding down again.

3. Housten penalised for retaliating to a Simona push

4. DeGois pushed down at marker by Heignington allowing a clear path for Farah, if Degois was there putting pressure on, it goes back to Lui, and theres a good chance he misses.

5. 9-2 penalty count...

6. Questionable obstructions/shephards on 2 of the Tigers tries that denied defenders the oppurtunity to shut the play down. Both werent even reffered to the video, when in the case of the Brown try, Lyons said "CHECK for OBSTRUCTION..."

Apey

Staff member
The penalty against Houston was absolute bullshit.

While it did not favour us at all, it did not decide the game either. The Tigers didn't get any points from it.

I do remember Gidley dropping the ball cold < 30m out from the posts in the 79th minute though. I don't think even we could have lost it from there.

If you feel the need to blame the loss on any one person, Gidley had a way bigger impact than Maxwell by dropping that ball.

As for the Farah pushing the marker over - I honestly missed that, but if that happened then it was shit we didn't get a penalty for it.

Although it should never have got to that point in the game and the Tigers should never have been gifted so much ridiculously easy field position (by us).

jonno_knights

Juniors
The penalty against Houston was absolute bullshit.

While it did not favour us at all, it did not decide the game either. The Tigers didn't get any points from it.

It did change the field position battle late in the game though. Technically it should have been a penalty to us, allowing gidley a chance to slot the 2 points.