What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Told you it would take a miracle if we scored any points.....then again what the F!!! Would I know........ they had many out tonight and we had a few also but I would have to say that was the gutsiest effort I've seen from our blokes for many years.....tbh I wasn't going to watch the second half after they scored just mins before half time because I couldn't see where the points were coming from...glad I did

Kolum Kid

Juniors
I don't have live coverage so follow the comments on the forum to get a gauge of how the game is going. FMD from some of the first half comments about reserve standard players to the comments at full time there must have been some miracles performed in the sheds at half time. Suddenly we have a new half that can push Hunt to no 9. Things are looking up. LOL

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I don't have live coverage so follow the comments on the forum to get a gauge of how the game is going. FMD from some of the first half comments about reserve standard players to the comments at full time there must have been some miracles performed in the sheds at half time. Suddenly we have a new half that can push Hunt to no 9. Things are looking up. LOL
Tbh Kolum they deserved the negative comments at half time....think Flanno gave them a rocket...different team the second half

justadragon

Bench
My perspective from being at the game was, they were a shocker the 1st half, but they took the game on in the 2nd, so whatever rocket happened at half time it was well and truly deserved. I will watch the replay tomorrow but it seemed that penrith really made some mistakes in the second half and the Dragons applied way more pressure. The mindset of taking the game on was great. The young guys were great, both Feigai's and both Couchmans, Finau was good. We have some dilemmas for selection, I dont think Marshke will replace Hunt, but yeah a lot of food for thought next week. BTW Penrith fans dont like losing at home :)

Parko1310

Juniors
Doubt Mat Feagai at your peril, underrated player. Some really good tough carries + post contact metres and fast play the balls coming out of our half, squeezed in between defenders and of course a great try as well. The ridicule for him was always absurd

dungay dragon

Juniors
The usual 4 or 5 "antis" that bagged the team throughout the first half have mysteriously disappeared .................
Great 2nd half boys ... A1 Effort ...All the new bees performed extra well ..
Mat Feagai appears a lot more mature now and safe under the high ball
An alternative at 1 if ever Flanno wants to give Sloan a spell
Interesting selection headaches ahead this week
Lomax and Sua come back in ,barring injury Origin , oh and yes BEN ..........
Rava killed it in the twos and will be banging down the day for a return
Well done lads

Last edited:

matPORTS

Juniors
Congrats to the team on a very solid effort.

First half was clunky, but I thought the effort was there defensively and the Panthers did have to work for the two tries they did score.

Second half we had all the running and when we managed to get a good run of possession we were able to put them under a bit of pressure.

Overall - it was good to see us go toe-to-toe and come up trumps against a genuinely great footy side, who are stacked with depth, on their turf. They had a host of players out, but we also had our top three out as well.

Again, we must stay grounded. Have to accept the fact that we are an inconsistent footy team and next week may not yield the same results as what we got tonight. I'm not getting excited that we are playing the Tigers at home in Wollongong just yet...

One step at a time - at least we've won more games this year than what we did last year.

Enjoy the win Red V faithful !