What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Very satisfying win. First half was lacklustre, which I reckon was down to nervousness of the new players as much as anything else. Flanno might have told them to relax and loosen up at half time, but whatever he said Marschke, Feagais, Couchmans, Finau, all went a lot better after settling into the contest. And our first win with referee Todd Smith. Ever.

Phantom V

Juniors
A
Doubt Mat Feagai at your peril, underrated player. Some really good tough carries + post contact metres and fast play the balls coming out of our half, squeezed in between defenders and of course a great try as well. The ridicule for him was always absurd
Agree Parko, he had a solid game and had a lot of work to do to score that try. Earned his spot for next week in my book.

The ridicule for him was always absurd
No way. His defensive reading past two years that gifted oppositions countless tries is schoolboy stuff. He has been going fine in Ressies as skipper and playing fullback. Seems suited to that position and grade for mine, he and his brother.

Parko1310

Juniors
No way. His defensive reading past two years that gifted oppositions countless tries is schoolboy stuff. He has been going fine in Ressies as skipper and playing fullback. Seems suited to that position and grade for mine, he and his brother.
Feagai's defence was excellent in his first year in firsts, last year he made some poor defensive decisions for sure, but a lot of the stuff some people blamed him for was ridiculous because it was the poor work of other individuals inside him that led to half the crap he got criticised for. Was completely blind and misguided and Mat was made an easy scapegoat. Can we talk about how poor Lawrie was yet again?

Anyone able to give a recap of the game. Who were our best and how did Couchmans go?
In the first half we were average, verging on awful. Then Sione Finau made a 50m break from the kickoff to start the 2nd half and the whole team carried that momentum. Toby Couchman made more of an impact of the twins with a barnstorming try, good carries and strong defence. Our halves were immense in the second half, as was RFM who would have been the MoM for sure.

Will let others here do the match summary and player reviews etc.
Winning 2/3 grades at Penrith these days is a great effort in my view, especially with the wet weather in Sydney tonight.
We got those precious 2 competition points, and for me that is all that really matters tonight.
Just finally.
Dragonssssssssssssss.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
When things go our way we can compete.
We got some of the 50-50’s for a change and the capt’s challenge
I really enjoyed the enthusiasm shown
We should keep the halves as is
Hunt to hooker or piss off
Also i feel way more comfortable with Kyle taking the goal kicks seems to hit the ball very sweetly compared to the show pony
Well done ! very hard to win at Penrith in the rain

hewi

Bench
I think the time and coaching the Feagai‘s and others have had in KOE cup has improved them out of sight. The biggest dilemma I see for next year who do you try and keep who do you let go. Bird definitely gone, BMM probably, JDB and Eisenhuth I just don’t know. At the right money I think JDB stays but I also don’t want to lose Tuiavake who hasn’t played first grade yet. Anyone know what’s happened to Fafita?