What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

Parko1310

Juniors
I think the time and coaching the Feagai‘s and others have had in KOE cup has improved them out of sight. The biggest dilemma I see for next year who do you try and keep who do you let go. Bird definitely gone, BMM probably, JDB and Eisenhuth I just don’t know. At the right money I think JDB stays but I also don’t want to lose Tuiavake who hasn’t played first grade yet. Anyone know what’s happened to Fafita?
Lomax obviously gone, I'd move Bird on, Max F can go, maybe keep Mat, I'd look to move Ravalawa on. In the forwards, Fifita can go early, we definitely need to look to move Lawrie on early. Some players that are under contract are being completely outperformed by others I'd rather keep. Our top 30 is pretty full next year with all the young guys coming in so we need to move some plodders on and keep the better players we're at risk of losing

Lennyb

Juniors
Feagai's defence was excellent in his first year in firsts, last year he made some poor defensive decisions for sure, but a lot of the stuff some people blamed him for was ridiculous because it was the poor work of other individuals inside him that led to half the crap he got criticised for. Was completely blind and misguided and Mat was made an easy scapegoat. Can we talk about how poor Lawrie was yet again?
Lawrie was solid tonight . Sua had no passion last year.

DeathBlooms

Juniors
Lawrie was solid tonight . Sua had no passion last year.
Solid as in slow as f**k running onto the ball, slow as f**k to play the ball. Making hardly any post contact metres?

He's a liability and doesn't matter how much he trying. He comes on every week and they score a try soon after because he knocks the ball on or gives 6 again because he's too fat to get off after tackling or a penalty.

He's had enough chances this year.

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
Anyone able to give a recap of the game. Who were our best and how did Couchmans go?
Once again it was a game of two halves. Defended quite well in the first half but with the ball we were at sixes and sevens - weak and very clunky. Flanno must have given them a real spray at the break because they came out like men possessed. Ran hard, made line breaks and got over for two quick tries. A good captains challenge went our way and we went down to score again. Penriff never really looked in it the 2nd stanza (just like us against the Bull*ogs last week). RFM and Matt Feagai were standouts for me in the 2nd half. Marschke and Kyle Flanagan also performed well.

Lennyb

Juniors
Solid as in slow as f**k running onto the ball, slow as f**k to play the ball. Making hardly any post contact metres?

He's a liability and doesn't matter how much he trying. He comes on every week and they score a try soon after because he knocks the ball on or gives 6 again because he's too fat to get off after tackling or a penalty.

He's had enough chances this year.
Ok

Rocket Rod

Juniors
So what do the halves do with the Panthers back pedalling, hit one on the chest of Blake Lawrie when quick movement along the back line was needed.
He seems to just get in the way
One set in their 20 he handled it 3 times
He has passion but doesn’t make any ground or quick play the balls
The poor block head is just useless
When Sele returns plus Sua , keep Toby C then blocka to Koe

I think he is in the club 'sin bin' to iron out some of the silly mistakes he makes. He has potential, no doubt in my mind. Hope the club agrees.
Fifita is currently serving a suspension from an incident in the KOE Cup a few weeks back.
Think he is available to play again in round 15.
Like Tamale, shows a lot of potential, but needs to put in a more consistent effort for the whole game to crack a run in the top squad.

Once again it was a game of two halves. Defended quite well in the first half but with the ball we were at sixes and sevens - weak and very clunky. Flanno must have given them a real spray at the break because they came out like men possessed. Ran hard, made line breaks and got over for two quick tries. A good captains challenge went our way and we went down to score again. Penriff never really looked in it the 2nd stanza (just like us against the Bull*ogs last week). RFM and Matt Feagai were standouts for me in the 2nd half. Marschke and Kyle Flanagan also performed well.
Thanks for the recap mate

Tuddy

Juniors
Great win and shows us, the coach and some of the players that there ARE options.

Like others, I’m not sure if we win that with Hunt in the side. Does he kick that grubber for Sloan? The kicking game improved a lot in the second half once the nerves settled.

Good to see the ref ignore the crowd, they tried to swing a few things the Panthers way.

Luc played well, he really picked things up in the second half.

So impressed with Kyle, we needed him to step up tonight and he delivered. He’s our long term game manager in my opinion. There isn’t anyone else out there that we will be able to get and I believe he’ll get better with our support and a bit more self belief.

There were a lot of good performances tonight which have been well covered by others. It’s nice to have some hope. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

rasaint

Juniors
I mentioned in my post after team announced that Matt Feagai has scored a number of power try’s carrying 2 or 3 blokes with him; of course the amazing try against broncos a year or two back just fabulous. Try of the season. I remember Shane Flanagan was commentating when Matt picked up that magic kick ball from Sloan to win in dying seconds against roosters at Kogarah. Flano likes him.

I have also previously posted that Matt may make a very good backrower. I’m not saying he is ‘going to play for Australia’ but scores in traffic carrying blokes with him.