What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

steerlerbab

Juniors
In the forwards, I thought Faitala Mariner was our best closely followed by Leilua and De Belin
In the backs, M Feagai had a great game followed closely by Kyle and Marshke

Sloan again let few balls bounce. Usually this happens when it is wet. Luckily these did not result in tries.

Finau playing his second game went well and had a great second half. That run after half time was awesome.

Overall, the team played great. Well done team.

denis preston

First Grade
When things go our way we can compete.
We got some of the 50-50’s for a change and the capt’s challenge
I really enjoyed the enthusiasm shown
We should keep the halves as is
Hunt to hooker or piss off
Also i feel way more comfortable with Kyle taking the goal kicks seems to hit the ball very sweetly compared to the show pony
Well done ! very hard to win at Penrith in the rain

TheRev

First Grade
o Kyle is the 7, Marshke is the 6, they tried to manufacture Marshke into a 7 in NSW Cup for a few weeks, and it was just awful.. its not him.. but you can see he has talent.. its just not as a 7.. I think Kyle and Marshke could do somethings together, but they need time and experience together.. which they wont get..

o I think 1 Couchman is good for energy and can do 80mins if needed, 2 im not sure, depends how many injuries we have.. we dont want to run 4 forwards on the bench as a regular thing.. I think it was a strategic risk tonight.. Liddle I dont think can run 80mins every week either.. plus he gets a few HIA's.

o RFM was good, not sure he belongs on the bench though ongoing, its tricky if Leilua & Sua are fit.. Ryan Couchman prob offers prop and 2nd row coverage..

o We had lots of errors from Penrith tonight, we are always in games when teams do that.. what we need to fix is a more reliable long kicking game.. we need to be able to compete in an arm wrestle if its required.. im not sure if we have the halves in our squad to do that.. and I dont envy Flanno trying to figure what to do with Hunt..

Last edited:

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Couchmans were great, they both ran the ball with power which led to quick rucks & momentum for our sets. I thought our bench was fantastic, BMM scattered panthers, Couchmans with great leg speed & power then Lawrie with some solid play (albeit too many mins).

RFM was our best forward imo, great line speed & power running. He showed some leadership with a couple of big hits & runs.

Budpower

Juniors
Marshke was old school unpredictable x factor halfback, showed how different and go forward positive a real livewire half can steer a team as opposed to 5 up then a bomb yawnfest Mr predictable Bunt has been for far too long, Hunt must not play in the 7 again for us, only hooker, let Kyle and Marshke have time to gel they were the difference with that firepower go forward of the pack.

steerlerbab

Juniors
Marshke and Kyle had a great game yesterday but they did not play against Cleary and Luai. Hunt had a bad spat last year and Flanno has sorted it out. Hunt is needed for our rebuild phase and let's be fair he had some very good games this year. So let's be fair

Against Manly/Cherry Evans Hunt came on top
Against Warriors/Johnson Hunt came on top

Obviously, Hunt's form goes up and down with the rest of the team. After yesterday's game, I think Marshke should be our 14. An option to explore would be that he replaces Liddle after half time, Hunt goes to 9 and Marshke plays half and Flanno manages the game for 20 minutes or so and then Liddle comes back for the last 20 minutes. A freshened Liddle will be devastating with his dummy half runs.

Regarding our backline, I think Mat Fegai should replace Rava. Apart from being down on form, Rava never jumps to catch the kicks. Our wing/three quarter combo should be: Finau, Lomax, Suli and Matt Fegai

Regarding our bench, Toby Couchman should be there

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
o Kyle is the 7, Marshke is the 6, they tried to manufacture Marshke into a 7 in NSW Cup for a few weeks, and it was just awful.. its not him.. but you can see he has talent.. its just not as a 7.. I think Kyle and Marshke could do somethings together, but they need time and experience together.. which they wont get..

o I think 1 Couchman is good for energy and can do 80mins if needed, 2 im not sure, depends how many injuries we have.. we dont want to run 4 forwards on the bench as a regular thing.. I think it was a strategic risk tonight.. Liddle I dont think can run 80mins every week either.. plus he gets a few HIA's.

o RFM was good, not sure he belongs on the bench though ongoing, its tricky if Leilua & Sua are fit.. Ryan Couchman prob offers prop and 2nd row coverage..

o We had lots of errors from Penrith tonight, we are always in games when teams do that.. what we need to fix is a more reliable long kicking game.. we need to be able to compete in an arm wrestle if its required.. im not sure if we have the halves in our squad to do that.. and I dont envy Flanno trying to figure what to do with Hunt..
Unfortunately Hunt wont be moved anywhere in our team ......the only way he's going to be moved is when the removalists pick up his furniture and head North.....he wouldn't play 9 when we were desperate and there's no way he will play and share the hooking role with Lids

sammymills

Juniors
Also quick mention to BMM who made the Panthers amazing forward pack look silly when he came on. Not bad for a 33 year old ya know!
I’m starting to really love that bloke this year. All the criticism he used to cop because hook would try play him on an edge for 80 min, what would you expect of the poor bloke. The way we have used him this year has been great and he’s had a big impact whenever he comes on.

justadragon

Bench
Marshke and Kyle had a great game yesterday but they did not play against Cleary and Luai. Hunt had a bad spat last year and Flanno has sorted it out. Hunt is needed for our rebuild phase and let's be fair he had some very good games this year. So let's be fair

Against Manly/Cherry Evans Hunt came on top
Against Warriors/Johnson Hunt came on top

Obviously, Hunt's form goes up and down with the rest of the team. After yesterday's game, I think Marshke should be our 14. An option to explore would be that he replaces Liddle after half time, Hunt goes to 9 and Marshke plays half and Flanno manages the game for 20 minutes or so and then Liddle comes back for the last 20 minutes. A freshened Liddle will be devastating with his dummy half runs.

Regarding our backline, I think Mat Fegai should replace Rava. Apart from being down on form, Rava never jumps to catch the kicks. Our wing/three quarter combo should be: Finau, Lomax, Suli and Matt Fegai

Regarding our bench, Toby Couchman should be there
Marshke is a 6 not a 7, and Hunt has to stop running sideways and go direct, the secret yesterday was straightening up the attack in the second half.

since77

Juniors
Mate it’s a tough watch in my warm living room with a beer in hand, god only knows what it’s like to actually be out there, sorry.
Standing on the hill in the rain at half time I was livid. They were an absolute rabble in the first half. Was scolding myself for bothering to drive an hour and stand in the rain for the crap they dished up.
The one thing I said to my son at half time was that well at least if they come back and win in the second half we'll get to see all the points at this end.
And hey I was right! Great second half by the team. Toby showed why he should have been in the team from the start of the year. Great game by the young fella. Now leave him there Flanno......
RFM was my MOM - some great runs. Like the look of Finau. Great try by Matt F.
Would like to see Marshke retained at least on bench when our "marquee" CHunt returns.
Was SOOOOOOOOO good to watch the smug Panthers fans walking out of the stadium.

And one last thing, Blake Lawrie looks even worse live than he does on TV. Slow, useless, ineffective. Easily dominated, slows down any sniff of momentum. Literally looks like he's doing everything at half speed. No idea how he keeps getting picked in first grade- he's abysmal.

Latest posts