What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
If that is the case, set a standard and piss him off. I've long thought he was unbelievably overrated due to how one dimensional his game is. He will not be a big loss if we get rid of him, he's not actually very good at all. The clean out needs to be thorough and swift. Flano has this year to see who he needs to put the broom through. Who doesn't train well, who doesn't prepare well, who puts themselves before the team and the club constantly. Its these issues that on the footballing squad level have destroyed the club. A toxic culture in the board room and from the top certainly, but some of these players have long been given a free ride as well. There's a lot better than Ravalawa around, so if these issues are true, get out. He can wallow at another NRL club dumb enough to have him (there will be one or two) or he can pack his bags to england
Rava is great in a clinical top 4 side where his job is just to get the ball inside the 10 and score and make a few runs. But even now his sheer power when making those runs isn't working anymore which I suspect is mostly due to his habits

Wolfgang90

Juniors
The comments on Instagram surrounding the team list are just plain dumb.

They're asking for Eisenhuth to get dropped.

And then the outcry asking for Tamale is ridiculous as well - he CANNOT DEFEND AT NSW CUP LEVEL - what makes anyone think he can defend in first grade against the Panthers backline???

It seems that Rava has been dropped for reasons I'm assuming are related to what Drew said on JA.

They're also asking for Kyle to be dropped. Based on what? Oh yeah, and also, and replace him with f**ken who?

I would prefer Tuitavake for Lawrie though.

What's JA?

justadragon

Bench
Ok my thoughts are, last week we all demanded change, what we got this week through injury, discipline and SOO selection was change, and more than we bargained for. For those that watch lower grades, Finau is not going too bad, the Feigai's have been going well Matt more than Max and the Couchman's speak for themselves. So how about we just see how we go, if we are a complete shit show against the Panthers virtual JF side we can honestly say the Dragons are gone for many years to come, BUT if we have a good showing maybe even win we can say we have a glimmer of hope with our future. I still think maybe Lawrie for Tuitavake but hey we cant have everything. So we should just back the boys and Flanno and see what we have, heres your shot get stuck in.

Can’t believe all the negative shit on a team list that actually gives some of our best performed Reggie players a go.
100%
Though I must admit, as soon as I saw the list my immediate thought was, what if a back goes down. Poor bloody Eisenhuth!
Geez he's copped some shit - 31 yo forward forced to defend in the centres.

Dennis, You've seen the Couchman's much more than me.
You think either could make a fist of centre if the unthinkable occurs?

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
Some people on here are beyond depressing. People jump up and down for weeks on end demanding change etc. Flanno makes some changes ( some forced by origin and injury ) and people scream blue murder when the Couchman boys get a run, Finau gets a run, the Feagai’s ( Matt has been going well ) get a run.

I’m happy with the team that Flanno has named, the boys from reserve grade have been going well and deserve a crack. Tuitavake is unlucky, nice to have him over Lawrie but I can live with that ( just ). Who knows, the young fellas may just surprise a few on here

TheRev

First Grade
o Yar as was said there are apparently issues with Rava on/off the paddock and hes probably on the way out, but that probably depends whether anyone stands up and takes the opportunity.. noting that Lomax is gone also. Who knows next year maybe we end up with wingers like Williams and SFinau or CTui perhaps...

o I think the Couchmans are young and agile enough to cover centre if needed.. but big call for Liddle to go 80.. he must have someone else in mind if he gets knocked out etc..

o Having 3 in Origin + 2 Major Injuries last weekend.. thats 5 players.. same as Panthers just lost.. the panthers apparently had 2 cup players Geyer and another who were facing charges but got off.. was hoping for every advantage possible....

o And yes keep an eye on NSW Cup and Flegg this weekend, quite a few interesting changes like Tamale @1, Buchanan in Cup (Our 1st grade centre in 2025 or 2026), LKT @6 and Hutchinson, Halangahu and Afu into Flegg.

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
100%
Though I must admit, as soon as I saw the list my immediate thought was, what if a back goes down. Poor bloody Eisenhuth!
Geez he's copped some shit - 31 yo forward forced to defend in the centres.

Dennis, You've seen the Couchman's much more than me.
You think either could make a fist of centre if the unthinkable occurs?
At a pinch but it looks like the club is really grooming them , even at this early stage as middle forwards. they are not fast but run good lines and have Fitzgibbon , Kennedy , Creigh type motors. who knows what size they will be when their bodies mature, which is still 2 to 3 seasons away !

matPORTS

Juniors
Personally, I like the changes.

Whilst this weeks squad has had forced movements due to Origin and injuries - it's good to see a coach finally not afraid to get a little bit creative at the selection table and give players a bit of a kick up the backside.

People are going to criticise the Feagai twins getting a recall (vs keeping Ravalawa and not selecting Tamale), but how many times over the past 3-4 seasons did we call for them both to be playing on that left flank? How many games in first grade have they actually run out together? Could count them on one hand.

I'm expecting at least one of the Couchman twins to cement a spot back in first grade longer term, if not both.

It will be interesting to see what the first half of the season back in reserve grade has done for the development of both sets of twins.

Carrying four middles on the bench is a risk if we cop an injury or HIA to one of our backs... but this is also the only way we're going to combat the Panthers pack, which is still relatively strong and full of depth. For this game, given their Origin selections and injuries to their spine players, we do potentially have the edge over them here.

Have got a feeling it's going to be an ugly grinding sort of game.

Look forward to heading out there.

kit66

Bench
Can’t believe all the negative shit on a team list that actually gives some of our best performed Reggie players a go.

Yeah, and I can't believe all the thin skinned little bitches in here this week, go figure.
If you think the Feagais are the answer to our problems then you're not real bright and haven't been paying attention and maybe forgot why they weren't even considered for 1sts until now or that we're actively looking to unload them. But yeah, how dare I criticize them being picked. FMD.
It's great that the Couchmen are getting a run, I posted numerous times calling for their inclusion. It's odd that Tamale, easily our best back in reserves is left out in favour of a worse defender in Finau (lots of people in here whining about Tamales defence and now upset others are questioning Finau's inclusion wtf). Again how dare I question that pick as well.
What about Tuipulotu, 18th man every other week and handy bringing the ball out of our end, a ready made replacement for Ravalawa and he isn't considered at all, and on that, is this really the match for dropping Rav from an already much weakened backline ?
Anyway, we'll see how the boys go won't we.

Another thing denis, If someone mentions suicidal intentions in a post the week after getting flogged by a bottom eight team and on the cusp of going into a match badly undermanned against a top 2, premiership winning team maybe, just maybe they're not really serious and just trying to inject a little humour into proceedings - you ever thought of that denis.

Latest posts