What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs. Sharks Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
After his horrible performance against the Cowboys, Thaiday in his second stint helped us get on the front foot against the Raiders, Titans and Panthers before playing the house down against Newcastle.

He was getting better and you don't drop a guy like Thaiday.

Like I said earlier, I'm not entirely sure what Hook was disappointed with when it came to McGuire his performances against the Raiders especially was good in my book. My guess would be defensive issues, handling, offloads and discipline against the likes of Penrith and the Titans. But I wouldn't hold it against Griffin.

Last edited:

IBA

Juniors
I'd say he went backwards but from a very high standard. His MOTM performance against the raiders (? not sure on the team) was great. If he could continuously play like that, he'd be playing every game.

Dodds has failed to impress me and I still see a spot for Carlaw in the team. Either Copley or Beale will have to be the fallout of not enough spots in the team. Gagai needs more work before he should be playing NRL.

The Broncos site has a new video of Hoffman and says he's ready to go. They usually have the inside word so I'm sure he'll start...

diddi kong

Juniors
look thaiday wherever you put him is gonna do a pretty good job, but i think he doesnt get the same opportunities at prop. we are one good prop short. but in saying that, we are over supplied in backrowers so maybe sam at prop if it balances the team out. i was very impressed with baptiste, he's the only hooker who seems to have any acceleration.

IBA

Juniors
Thaiday looks much nicer in the back row on the right. But yeah, too many second rowers, not enough props. If Thaiday playing prop is the difference between playing Kenny or Gillette, then I'd rather see him at prop with Gillette in the back row.

diddi kong

Juniors
Thaiday looks much nicer in the back row on the right. But yeah, too many second rowers, not enough props. If Thaiday playing prop is the difference between playing Kenny or Gillette, then I'd rather see him at prop with Gillette in the back row.
couldnt agree more, kenny is just too soft

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I use the word "rotated" as there was no way Josh McGuire was dropped because he wasn't doing his job properly as you put it.  He was one of the better forwards in the early rounds.
Hoffman has been raring to go for awhile.
Him not getting picked has nothing to do with his injury.

Yea good one mate...

Young Brisbane fullback Josh Hoffman has revealed he spent three weeks rehabilitating a corked shin which turned out to be a broken leg.
The Broncos' player of the year in 2010 was injured playing against the Gold Coast in the NRL's third round.
He would end sessions hobbling into the dressing room in severe pain.
But he gritted his teeth and kept training, ambitiously aiming for a possible return against the Roosters (round six) or Knights (round seven).
"It was actually a fracture of the fibula and it put me out for a while," revealed Hoffman when asked on Monday about the leg injury which has sidelined him for 10 weeks.
"In the first few weeks (of rehab) we thought it was a cork so we treated it that way.
"Apparently, I was running around on a broken leg for about three weeks so it's taken a bit longer to heal."
Hoffman, 23, had the injury re-scanned after the pain became excruciating.
After several more weeks of treatment the Mackay junior is now ready to reclaim his No.1 jumper from young gun Gerard Beale for this weekend's clash at Cronulla.

That was released today. So having a fractured leg, that he trained on which made it even worse, has nothing to do with why he hasn't been picked? :roll:

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
Yea good one mate...

Young Brisbane fullback Josh Hoffman has revealed he spent three weeks rehabilitating a corked shin which turned out to be a broken leg.
The Broncos' player of the year in 2010 was injured playing against the Gold Coast in the NRL's third round.
He would end sessions hobbling into the dressing room in severe pain.
But he gritted his teeth and kept training, ambitiously aiming for a possible return against the Roosters (round six) or Knights (round seven).
"It was actually a fracture of the fibula and it put me out for a while," revealed Hoffman when asked on Monday about the leg injury which has sidelined him for 10 weeks.
"In the first few weeks (of rehab) we thought it was a cork so we treated it that way.
"Apparently, I was running around on a broken leg for about three weeks so it's taken a bit longer to heal."
Hoffman, 23, had the injury re-scanned after the pain became excruciating.
After several more weeks of treatment the Mackay junior is now ready to reclaim his No.1 jumper from young gun Gerard Beale for this weekend's clash at Cronulla.

That was released today. So having a fractured leg, that he trained on which made it even worse, has nothing to do with why he hasn't been picked? :roll:

You think Hoffman and the club want to tell the papers what really has been going on? Get your hand off it you tosser.
Why don't you go out to Magic City this Saturday night and ask Hoffman yourself.

DecoyRunner

Juniors
How does a broken leg go undiagnosed for three weeks? Do they have mister Magoo as head doc? Incompetence of the highest order. If one of us had this happen we could sue for malpractice.

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
How does a broken leg go undiagnosed for three weeks? Do they have mister Magoo as head doc? Incompetence of the highest order. If one of us had this happen we could sue for malpractice.

the-great-cover-up1.jpg

DecoyRunner

Juniors
You think Hoffman and the club want to tell the papers what really has been going on? Get your hand off it you tosser.
Why don't you go out to Magic City this Saturday night and ask Hoffman yourself.

You may think you've weaseled your way around a direct accusation, but it's obvious what you're saying so unless you have some kind of proof to offer, everyone would be better off if you just kept your "insider" information to yourself.

Wilfred

Juniors
what happened to hoffman sounds like the song by bluejuice....

running around on a broken leg,
i cant get hoff outta my head
cant get hoff outta my head
and the doc dont wanna know bout it!

lame?....maybe....awesome lyric swap?...definitely :shock:

busterc

Juniors

Careful mate. Or someone who actually knows whats going on might call
your bluff and make you look like the tosser. Actually you are doing a great job of it all on your own so keep it up.

IBA

Juniors
Josh Hoffman
Dale Copley
Jack Reed
Gerard Beale
Jharal Yow Yeh
Darren Lockyer (c)
Peter Wallace
Ben Hannant
Andrew McCullough
Scott Anderson
Alex Glenn
Sam Thaiday
Corey Parker

Interchange:
Kurt Baptiste
Dane Carlaw
Mitchell Dodds
David Hala

Source: http://www.broncos.com.au/default.a...offman-joins-lockyer-and-thaiday-back-in-team

Anderson as a starting prop is not something i like to see. Hala really only gets 1 more game to impress... Very happy Baptiste is in the utility role over Norman

Last edited by a moderator:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yeah I think Hook has made the right move with Baptiste as the utility. With Hoffman in now it makes no sense (not that it made much sense before) to play Norman at fullback towards the end of the game. Beale gets his chance to impress in the centres.

I agree about Scott Anderson as starting prop, its not very strong. I guess though the only alternative would have been Thaiday at prop but then Carlaw would be in the starting line up. If Teo was available my guess would be that Thaiday would be playing prop.

Would have been handy to have T Sims coming off the bench instead of Carlaw!

Seagullsrock

Juniors

Wow you saw Hoffman at a night club. You must feel proud. Did you find out Moylan was a poor defender there too?

Latest posts