What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Eels v Cowboys - Live Game day thread

Bazal

Post Whore
What has that got anything to do with incorrect decisions tonight?

I genuinely thought the Thurston short ball was forward. The one to Feldt was a horrible call though. But they got a try back with the horror show decision to award a try to Scott...

I thought Mahoney was lucky to get away with a couple to be fair, and that's not a shot at the kid who I thought was very good on the whole

Bazal

Post Whore
Maybe, in my opinion there’s a fair chance it’s a try, but the ref said no due to him maybe running out and the put down.

Looking at the footage there was no clear evidence to show he definitely put it down (especially considering Jennings no try from the other week) or wasn’t out!

So the refs call shouldn’t have been overturned

Feldt's was 100% a try. The ref should have never sent it up otherwise, that's where the issue arose IMO.

Noise

Coach
Maybe, in my opinion there’s a fair chance it’s a try, but the ref said no due to him maybe running out and the put down.

Looking at the footage there was no clear evidence to show he definitely put it down (especially considering Jennings no try from the other week) or wasn’t out!

So the refs call shouldn’t have been overturned

There was a shot that showed him clearly grounding the ball. Had 2 or 3 fingers on it.And there was no separation before that. That's all you need.

Suitman

Post Whore
I genuinely thought the Thurston short ball was forward. The one to Feldt was a horrible call though. But they got a try back with the horror show decision to award a try to Scott...

I thought Mahoney was lucky to get away with a couple to be fair, and that's not a shot at the kid who I thought was very good on the whole

I thought Thurston's pass ok. Or at least line ball.
Anyway.....semantics. We'll all have different views on stuff like this. I understand that.
Give the Cowboys at least one of those tries which were incorrectly called and it's a completely different ball game at that stage of the match.
As I said......we were very lucky tonight.

I don't think I've seen a game for years where so many things went our way, yet we still made it a struggle.
I'm happy for the 2 points though, not that they mean much.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
There was a shot that showed him clearly grounding the ball. Had 2 or 3 fingers on it.And there was no separation before that. That's all you need.

Ok, will have to watch it again. But from my viewing the first time, it didn’t appear 100% certain

Lemon Squash

First Grade
If we are going to be critical...

Feldt no try off the forward pass, should have been a try.. so +1

Feldt dropped ball was awarded but shouldn’t of been -1

Hayne dropped ball was awarded but shouldn’t of been -1

Cooper no try off a forward pass should of been a try +1

Matt Scott given a try when on video evidence didn’t prove that to be the case -1

I think the end score was a fair indication of the game... could of gone either way but I think our general play was a touch better than the Cows, interestingly Thurston didn’t make any excuses from the refs after the game.

strider

Post Whore
They changed the "separation" interpretation last year to be "comtrol"

I reckon he was loosing control hence why the ball bounced like a basketball

Id call,it a 50/50 ... same with haynes

Gronk

Staff member
I like Hannah Hollis

Would like her more if she wasn't a queendlander
images

Bazal

Post Whore
I thought Thurston's pass ok. Or at least line ball.
Anyway.....semantics. We'll all have different views on stuff like this. I understand that.
Give the Cowboys at least one of those tries which were incorrectly called and it's a completely different ball game at that stage of the match.
As I said......we were very lucky tonight.

I don't think I've seen a game for years where so many things went our way, yet we still made it a struggle.
I'm happy for the 2 points though, not that they mean much.

I think it was a shit game, and I think the right team won in the end.

You do not deserve to win a game when you make 18 errors. I think that shit calls went against both sides but the result worked out correctly.

Latest posts