What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Eels v Cowboys - Live Game day thread

Bazal

Post Whore
I switched over and within 30 seconds, I saw two shit penalties given.
I turned straight back to Fox League.

To be fair I thought the penalties after the horseshit call against the Lollabies back rower were fair, except the dissent penalty for Connor Murray literally asking "wait, who knocked that out of my hands?"

The ref is a merkin though, what is it with Jaarpie refs and ridiculous arrogance?

Suitman

Post Whore
I think it was a shit game, and I think the right team won in the end.

You do not deserve to win a game when you make 18 errors. I think that shit calls went against both sides but the result worked out correctly.

Agreed.
The Cowboys are an awful mess. Maybe even worse than us atm.
I couldn't help but to keep looking at their roster tonight and try to understand why they are doing so shit.
Their roster shits all over ours yet they are equally terrible. Their mistake rate tonight was appalling.

Bazal

Post Whore
Agreed.
The Cowboys are an awful mess. Maybe even worse than us atm.
I couldn't help but to keep looking at their roster tonight and try to understand why they are doing so shit.
Their roster shits all over ours yet they are equally terrible. Their mistake rate tonight was appalling.

I reckon they've just got guys who are playing one year too many in important positions.

O'Neill has gone from Origin to the gutter, Linnett has gone from lethal hole running centre to fringe bench whatever, Coote is failing to click with the team, Thurston looks out of touch, Scott looks a bit like our Scott, Fensom is an utter plank....that's a lot of problem players.

Suitman

Post Whore
I reckon they've just got guys who are playing one year too many in important positions.

O'Neill has gone from Origin to the gutter, Linnett has gone from lethal hole running centre to fringe bench whatever, Coote is failing to click with the team, Thurston looks out of touch, Scott looks a bit like our Scott, Fensom is an utter plank....that's a lot of problem players.

Possibly.
But these are all talented players...….and that's not mention all the others that you didn't mention.
One has to ask - why? Do they need a new coach South's like? Have things become stale there?

Noise

Coach
Granville has also stopped running from dummy half for what ever reason. He was a big part of their attack.

Suitman

Post Whore
hopefully he doesn't like us AND he had a shitload of cash on the cowboys
burns doesn't it brandy?

Brandy has always been a special commentating against us, and I've always wondered whether it's because he has had money on against us. It just seems so logical.

strider

Post Whore
Thurston is good but no longer great
Hess isnt half oof what he was last year
Scott is aging
Morgan only plays great when he is numero uno
Lowe and The other edge guy who i cant remember are playing average

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Yeah, it shows how hard coaching is. Cowboys have a similar issue to us went ok last, so why wouId the coach move players on. It happens at times.

But like us, they still have a good bunch of quality players, just need some adjustments.

Additionally when you are down on luck everything goes against you!!

BTW, at least we didn’t let a player like Ponga leave for a “Cootes”

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Thought Feldt looked good. Fairly dangerous player with a good kick!! Can get a try!!

Maybe BA knows he stuff, he did try to get him last year!

forward pass

Coach
Not a good night for the bunker. They seriously shit themselves tonight. No way did Hayne or Scott score. Especially Scott - to overturn the live decision when we did not see the ball touch the line is terrible.

The Feldt one I can actually live with.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Granville has also stopped running from dummy half for what ever reason. He was a big part of their attack.

Opposition defences are probably more aware of his running game now and have limited his opportunities.

Probably a fair chance we will talk about cook the same way in a year or 2.

Latest posts