What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 - v Tigers

St Tangles

Bench
Had the misfortune of clicking over to 9 a few times to compare their view compared to that of Fox ..How bad have they got .. Sounded like they were calling a Funeral ..
Even Gould who in the past would wrap the famous Club with the Big Red V..
Time for a massive over haul at 9 ..
Happy with the Fox coverage...Not perfect , but better than the other Mob
I never listen to the 9 commentary team

In SOO I turn the volume down

Nutz

Bench
Unfortunately Nutz your club and ours have been and are in a position that the fans are craving success because they havent had it for such a long time. Ultimately when you won the early games it was a false dawn and now after the club cleanout you are back to nearly where you were last year, as with us and the rollercoaster ride we have had this season. I would say Benji has the rest of this year, but if you get all the players next year and nothing improves my call is Benji will get the axe. We have a common bond mate and as much as I'd like to think we are on the way back up, the last 14 years have taught me not to go all in because I'll really get disappointed. Thank god this year is a definite improvement, Flanno and the coaches do deserve credit, but it wasnt that long ago Flanno looked like a broken man in the PC and we wanted to hang Young out to dry. I suppose as fans and members we crave consistency and the pride needed to wear the Dragons jersey. I can only speak for myself, yes extremely happy over the last couple of weeks but I'm very hesitant in saying we will go to Brookvale and do a number on the Eagles, atm I'm hoping for a good game and if we lose, it wont be by a cricket score otherwise we are back to square one again.
Well said.

Dragons4me

Juniors
I'm sitting here on Saturday morning enjoying the replay and analysing the win. Check out the 2nd half stats.
7 trys to nil. 78% possession to 28%. 17/21 completions to 4/11. 51 tackled opposition half to 9. 7 linebreaks to 0. 858 run metres to 22. That's impressive. No reason to gloat as I feel for the Tigpies. I sure as hell would rub it in if we did it against the Rorters, Dogs Sharks and one or two others!

I'm sitting here on Saturday morning enjoying the replay and analysing the win. Check out the 2nd half stats.
7 trys to nil. 78% possession to 28%. 17/21 completions to 4/11. 51 tackled opposition half to 9. 7 linebreaks to 0. 858 run metres to 22. That's impressive. No reason to gloat as I feel for the Tigpies. I sure as hell would rub it in if we did it against the Rorters, Dogs Sharks and one or two others!
Simply put it was our turn

how good was it to finally? Put someone to the sword?

Very happy with the win, especially going on with it and putting 50 plus on them.
Lomax was outstanding.
Different beast next week playing Manly away.
Still believe our defence needs a heck of a lot of work.
Listened to to some of the call on the ABC last night, and Andrew Moore made the following comment about JDB along the lines of "he is playing so well in what will be his final year at the club"
Will be a big loss, but if he is on the way out, we have got so much cap space for 2025 it is scary.

BLM01

First Grade
It's easy to be wise after the event.
Our first half was bog average and Hunt and Lomax were not exactly setting the world on fire - as you'd expect after a game on Wednesday.
I was there and I disagree except for first 15 where there was no penalties, no errors either side but was not worried. I saw signs of intent and mostly whacking em in defence but passive line speed. Then we were the better side for the rest of the 1st half and should of been up more. Our attack was clunky but clicked into gear. Should of been up 18-10 if we are fed dinkum coming from 10 nil down. Of course the SOO boys started off pace, they just played a game 48 hours before. it is just some of the negative comments are over the top. I unload at the end of the game like I needed to after the Bulldogs 2nd half debacle.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
He ain't the coach. Imagine Hunt and Sloan following Big Luc. Their support play would be perfect for this team and our attack. Hunt would be doing everything on the front foot which would play to his strength as a running spine player. He would be the most dangerous player in the comp for the period Luc plays in the halves.
The Luciano at half for stints is something Flanagan needs to keep up his sleeve, it works. It gives us another dimension during a game, particularly handy to try if the normal attack isn't working. Its also the way to go if we lose a centre to injury or send off.

Phantom V

Juniors
I've said it before. Luciano needs to spend 20 minutes each game in the halves. He has silky passing skills, is a beast of a man, can really motor with a show and go. Hunt has a rest from having to create everything and he or Flanno can play dummy half while you give Liddle a rest. Luciano to the halves for short stints, ticks s many boxes. Plus, the opposition now have to adjust their defensive structures.
He’d be the biggest 5/8 since Olson Filipina

since77

Juniors
Lawrie has to stop getting rolled on his back. Every fxcking time. Couchman came out and barely got rolled on his back once. Here is a kid showing an experienced front rower how to do a hitup and then play the ball quickly. Gees, Cake, you have to get this right. It is such a momentum killer.
I've bagged him a lot over the last couple of years. But I think his performance last night was passable for once - but only just.
He was vaguely ok last night but yeah geez he kills momentum, which is why I don't want him in the team. Very frustrating to see the forwards on a roll only to have Lawrie slow things down on the next play. BMM is playing the role that Lawrie should be - only so much more effectively.
Still think we can do better than waste a spot on the bench with Lawrie.

Victoire

Juniors
Jesus christ the Lawrie whinging still continues after a 50 point win. fmd. Give it a f**king rest

Anyway, enough of that bullshit. Great fkn game. So many magnificent performances, and although Zac Lomax got the 10/10 in kicking I think the old Rugby League Week score of a perfect 10 would have been awarded to Ben Hunt. Just a brilliant performance from our captain. I feel he's taken for granted a little bit and certainly is capable of a poor game.. but man last night he was absolutely brilliant. A try, 4 try assists and a hand in a couple of others, some results from other kicks, and he was leading us with competitiveness in the first half as well. He scrambled to grab a loose ball when we were down 10-0, and there was also a huge downfield kick he managed to get over Bula when we were camped out about our own 30-35 metre line. Just a phenomenal captain's knock and he does it all a couple of days after Origin.

Kudos Dozer

dungay dragon

Juniors
Jesus christ the Lawrie whinging still continues after a 50 point win. fmd. Give it a f**king rest

Anyway, enough of that bullshit. Great fkn game. So many magnificent performances, and although Zac Lomax got the 10/10 in kicking I think the old Rugby League Week score of a perfect 10 would have been awarded to Ben Hunt. Just a brilliant performance from our captain. I feel he's taken for granted a little bit and certainly is capable of a poor game.. but man last night he was absolutely brilliant. A try, 4 try assists and a hand in a couple of others, some results from other kicks, and he was leading us with competitiveness in the first half as well. He scrambled to grab a loose ball when we were down 10-0, and there was also a huge downfield kick he managed to get over Bula when we were camped out about our own 30-35 metre line. Just a phenomenal captain's knock and he does it all a couple of days after Origin.

Kudos Dozer
One guy who never gets a wrap , and he comes out every week , bends the line with his bullocking runs and is a more than effective defender
Was in a mean mood last night against his former Club
BMM take a bow ....another top lion hearted effort

maestro1

Bench

Kudos Dozer
That momentum killing front row play might not matter against the Tigers who were awful last night. But, against better opposition it matters. It fxcking matters heaps. Yes, I'll enjoy the win that I watched live at the ground and then again on Kayo, but it won't stop me from having an opinion on who/what needs improving or replacing. Couchman are both better for this team than Lawrie. I'm a bit annoyed that he keeps taking up a spot in the squad each week at the expense of players who will improve our performances. The fact that stupid Haran and co. signed him for 3 more seasons is immeasurably dopey.

Latest posts