What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 - v Tigers

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
Only getting to the game now due to being in Hawaii for work (hard life eh), however was really impressed by the win, and how flanno has re-intergrated players that were poor for us last year (Feagai twins). I hope bird plays off the bench when he comes back with max keeping the spot. Finau would be disappointed to not have been in FG but he should be comforted by the fact he’s probably the front runner for Lomax’s spot next season

also - we need to hurry up and give Bomber the 2 years he’s after. Get it done ffs

kit66

Bench
Coach referred to this post game, and was livid. The timing of the play was us being 10-12 down. Lucky it didn't matter in the end, but Im glad Flanno mentioned it.

It's good that he mentioned it but on the flipside, we won well and could have overlooked that incident because your Bunker ref one week could be your on field ref a week or two later and I'm sure those guys take everything personally.

TruSaint

Referee
It's good that he mentioned it but on the flipside, we won well and could have overlooked that incident because your Bunker ref one week could be your on field ref a week or two later and I'm sure those guys take everything personally.

I suppose Flanno's thinking was it's probably the best time to discuss a controversial when you have won well.

Also, my bad, ... Flanno was asked about the call and said " Glad you asked, cause that's a try ". He didn't initiate the call. I get your point Kit, but our coaches of past have been muted and have done us no favours being so.

justadragon

Bench
I suppose Flanno's thinking was it's probably the best time to discuss a controversial when you have won well.

Also, my bad, ... Flanno was asked about the call and said " Glad you asked, cause that's a try ". He didn't initiate the call. I get your point Kit, but our coaches of past have been muted and have done us no favours being so.
Its a funny thing though Trusaint, if you have a look on youtube at the best all time blowups in PC's, Flanno is in quite a few of them :)

Dea

Juniors
One of my rare at the ground games and what a game to attend! Driving 3 hours home after the game was easy after such a win!!

While he hasn’t been mentioned a lot, I want to give credit to KFlanno. For the first 15 it was always and only Hunt getting the ball. Then they changed structure and Flanno was getting first receiver before playing to Hunt or going with other options. Our whole attack changed and we began to do much more than 5 runs and a kick. This continued into the 2nd half and set us free to score so many points. KFlanno is not as flash as many, but he is working well with Hunt when he is allowed to. Friday night was a good example of how it can be successful [providing Hunt doesn’t get all the calls]

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
One of my rare at the ground games and what a game to attend! Driving 3 hours home after the game was easy after such a win!!

While he hasn’t been mentioned a lot, I want to give credit to KFlanno. For the first 15 it was always and only Hunt getting the ball. Then they changed structure and Flanno was getting first receiver before playing to Hunt or going with other options. Our whole attack changed and we began to do much more than 5 runs and a kick. This continued into the 2nd half and set us free to score so many points. KFlanno is not as flash as many, but he is working well with Hunt when he is allowed to. Friday night was a good example of how it can be successful [providing Hunt doesn’t get all the calls]
Great post. Another point re KFlan that impresses me is that he's very unselfish and just does what's best for the team without kicking stones

Mojo

Bench

Agree. I reckon KF is a very, very good player (always has been).

justadragon

Bench

A very good point Dea, you will also notice that when the Dragons are under the pump the ball will always go to Hunt. Anyway I'm hoping that as a bit more time goes by things will start to even out.

Dragon David

First Grade

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I love it when I am proven wrong and Suli surely did that. Cracker game by the big Moses and I hope to see more of that. When he is on he is truely brilliant.

How good was the win. Not only the 50 points but this year we have seen the team fold when they get a bad call and I thought after the KFlanno debacle that led to a 12 point turn around at half time Saints would come out flat. Instead they put on 40+ points. That was huge. Scoring 50+ was much needed for the +/-. A couple more of those and that +/- is looking better. If not for Parra's last 20 mins last night Saints would be top 8 instead are 9th but 2 points from 5th and with a win against Manly followed by a bye could see the boys in the 8 sooner than we think. Big game this weekend against Manly.

Ben Hunt and Lomax were fantastic. Su'a did not play much but these 3 playing Origin will do wonders as look at the confidence they have. I feel that the boys may be starting to believe they are capable of jagging top 8 after this win.

Surely Lomax must have some small regret about leaving. But if I was a player like Talagi or Iro I would love to come to Saints and be coached by Flanno. Look what he has done to all the outside backs this season. The origin boys ae playing to their potential so it shows if you have plenty then with Flanno he will get the best out of you. Both are available nxt season and having Iro and Talagi in the squad would be huge for their backline.

Last edited:

Victoire

Juniors
I love it when I am proven wrong and Suli surely did that. Cracker game by the big Moses and I hope to see more of that. When he is on he is surely brilliant.
The assist for the Lomax try was reminiscent of Meninga or Inglis. Busting through the line, then fending the fullback with sheer arrogance before popping a smooth one hand offload to his support. Amazing.

Dragon David

First Grade
The assist for the Lomax try was reminiscent of Meninga or Inglis. Busting through the line, then fending the fullback with sheer arrogance before popping a smooth one hand offload to his support. Amazing.
I love it when I am proven wrong and Suli surely did that. Cracker game by the big Moses and I hope to see more of that. When he is on he is surely brilliant.

How good was the win. Not only the 50 points but this year we have seen the team fold when they get a bad call and I thought after the KFlanno debacle that let to a 12 point turn around at half time Saints would come out flat. Instead they put on 40+ points. That was huge. Scoring 50+ was much needed for the +/-. A couple more of those and they start looking better. If not for Parra's last 20 mins last night Saints would be top 8 instead are 9th but 2 points from 5th and with a win against Manly followed by a bye could see the boys in the 8 sooner than we think. Big game this weekend against Manly.

Ben Hunt and Lomax were fantastic. Su'a did not play much but these 3 playing Origin will do wonders as look at the confidence they have. I feel that the boys may be starting to believe they are capable of jagging top 8 after this win.

Surely Lomax must have some small regret about leaving. But if I was a player like Talagi or Iro I would love to come to Saints and be coached by Flanno. Look what he has done to all the outside backs this season. The origin boys ae playing to their potential so it shows if you have plenty then with Flanno he will get the best out of you. Both are available nxt season and having Iro and Talagi in the squad would be huge for their backline.
It makes you want to bottle up those special moments and luckily for us in this unbelievable tech world we can just look up highlights on YouTube etc to remind us of those times. We can ignore the bad moment ones as well.

denis preston

First Grade
I love it when I am proven wrong and Suli surely did that. Cracker game by the big Moses and I hope to see more of that. When he is on he is truely brilliant.

How good was the win. Not only the 50 points but this year we have seen the team fold when they get a bad call and I thought after the KFlanno debacle that led to a 12 point turn around at half time Saints would come out flat. Instead they put on 40+ points. That was huge. Scoring 50+ was much needed for the +/-. A couple more of those and that +/- is looking better. If not for Parra's last 20 mins last night Saints would be top 8 instead are 9th but 2 points from 5th and with a win against Manly followed by a bye could see the boys in the 8 sooner than we think. Big game this weekend against Manly.

This post reminded me if anybody knows know where I’m Hornby is !!!

justadragon

Bench
Good to see Richardson coming out all guns blazing with the Galvin request for a release. Man we should have got that guy. When was the last time we heard anything from our CEO

Latest posts