What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - v Manly

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Manly are a tougher proposition than the Tigers. They are very good at spinning the ball out wide both ways to create space for their speedsters. Their forwards are as good as anyone's when they're on. Their gun halfback is better than our gun halfback. They are inconsistent, but then so are we. We can't rely on them to make mistakes like the Tigers did. Despite our good win, we will need to lift.

justadragon

Bench
Is T Turbo back ? because if he is we will be in trouble at their home. They will also be looking at squaring the ledger. We can make a game of this and hopefully win but what mindset will they turn up with. If we have a flat start like we did against the Tigers it will be over before we know it. We really do need to believe we can win these games as DD said.

Parko1310

Juniors
Brooky Sunday arvo is a tough place to go and win.. it feels like we say it every week (I think because we're in and amongst so many teams scrapping for the final place in the 8), but this is a huge game for us. It really is. Our team in the past has been guilty of patting themselves on the back after a win. Last night was a huge win, and a great win, but we'll see how strongly our mental toughness has shifted next Sunday. If we're up for the game, we'll be right in it. I expect manly to lose to penrith this round, so going into the bye if we can get a win in this game, we start to pull away from them a little bit. I'm excited, come on boys

Draginzaaar

Bench
Is T Turbo back ? because if he is we will be in trouble at their home. They will also be looking at squaring the ledger. We can make a game of this and hopefully win but what mindset will they turn up with. If we have a flat start like we did against the Tigers it will be over before we know it. We really do need to believe we can win these games as DD said.
Turbo back Round 18.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Many have been run down a couple of times this year, after a good lead.

BLM01

First Grade
I am a humble supporter especially in winning because have had egg on face many times
Whilst I am convinced we are better under Flanno and heading in a good direction I will put things back in perspective unMaryesque like as we still have a fair way to go to be consistent in an around the 8
We have beaten Tigers x 2, Titans, Souths and look where they are.
We beat well under strength Penrith basically missing their normal spine and most of their backs.
Manly & Warriors were good wins but Warriors were not that in form early.

However beating Manly at Manly will be a big step for us that I can enjoy for 2 weeks as we have the bye then taking on Dolphins at home. When I hear supporters ring up the radio etc and wax lyrical how good we are going I just cringe and want to tell them to shut up and wait. :D. Enjoy the wins Yes but a little balanced perspective goes a long way

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I think the panthers game was like for like

ie we were missing Hunt, Sua, Lomax, Bird etc and an incredible come back against a great pack still at their home ground.

ur right though re the other games…….wins against easy beats in 2024

I feel overall though we are learning to absorb momentum better and change gears in response with more sustained zing.

that hasn’t been in this team for a while and our rampaging over the advantage line / ruck was very very good on the weekend along that second half vs Penrith

I also think indv we are starting to see some real grunt from RFM, Molo, JDB, Luc

the thing is the pack we have now and the rotation of hit ups is more athletic and harder to contain quite. There appears to be a strong desire to run hard play harder.

I mean how about that bust by Flano and JDB and Couchman fighting first to the ball. They were hunting at full speed through the ruck.

our hitup structure last two games was the best I have witnessed - each player was used in the best way possible at the right time. A lot smarter use of our second rowers cutting in early count 3rd hitup to make a good 10m plus bustling runs.

Dragon David

First Grade
I am a humble supporter especially in winning because have had egg on face many times
Whilst I am convinced we are better under Flanno and heading in a good direction I will put things back in perspective unMaryesque like as we still have a fair way to go to be consistent in an around the 8
We have beaten Tigers x 2, Titans, Souths and look where they are.
We beat well under strength Penrith basically missing their normal spine and most of their backs.
Manly & Warriors were good wins but Warriors were not that in form early.

However beating Manly at Manly will be a big step for us that I can enjoy for 2 weeks as we have the bye then taking on Dolphins at home. When I hear supporters ring up the radio etc and wax lyrical how good we are going I just cringe and want to tell them to shut up and wait. :D. Enjoy the wins Yes but a little balanced perspective goes a long way
Agreed with you BLM01.

I'm giving the Dragons a fair bit more credit and think that they are becoming a much more formidable team. If we had have beaten the Tigers by say 10 points, then I would say we are not progressing all that much, however, beating them by the margin we did shows that we can be tougher to play against than people might realise.

The waxing lyrical on how good we are doesn't go down too well with me either.

56to66

Juniors
Manly will be absolutely hungry for the 2 points.
At home, the refs will have field day, onside offside, non existent, will we be punished. The ugly defensive side of the White and Reds will be on display, the toothless Tigpies exposed our terrible D in the first 40 minutes.
I don't like the 6 again rule, momentum creates blowout scorelines, penalties allows better defensive sets for teams under extreme pressure.
Manly 42-18.

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Manly will be absolutely hungry for the 2 points.
At home, the refs will have field day, onside offside, non existent, will we be punished. The ugly defensive side of the White and Reds will be on display, the toothless Tigpies exposed our terrible D in the first 40 minutes.
I don't like the 6 again rule, momentum creates blowout scorelines, penalties allows better defensive sets for teams under extreme pressure.
Manly 42-18.
Yes they will be tough at home that's the norm at most opposition grounds but 42 -18 !!!!!!! Jeez I'm glad your not a used car salesman and I'm buying a car from you

Latest posts