What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - v Manly

TheRev

First Grade
Manly will be absolutely hungry for the 2 points.
At home, the refs will have field day, onside offside, non existent, will we be punished. The ugly defensive side of the White and Reds will be on display, the toothless Tigpies exposed our terrible D in the first 40 minutes.
I don't like the 6 again rule, momentum creates blowout scorelines, penalties allows better defensive sets for teams under extreme pressure.
Manly 42-18.
This is my thought also, us fans (and players) get very confident on a win week, but I feel like we are due for a loss, Manly today were blistering with speed and power on the edges, thats the gameplan that the tigers were hitting us with early and we did not cope well at all..

Hope we can spring an upset ofcourse but I'm not sure its this week.. 42pts is rly nothing to give away in the modern game if ur getting beat... hoping that we get a good announcement or 2 while things are positive, would love some roster improvements for 2025 so we could match these more skilled teams more regularly.

Old Timer

Coach
This next game will tell us what we all need to know about our team.

Our we flat track bullies against the impaired or down on troops teams or are we actually contenders for a spot 6-10 on the ladder?

Importantly last game we actually went on with it and put a shit team to the sword but alas we started slowly so can we turn that aspect around and play a controlled 80 minutes and defeat a team that has some stars and plenty of speed.

I am actually looking forward to finding out.

Our we flat track bullies against the impaired or down on troops teams or are we actually contenders for a spot 6-10 on the ladder?

Importantly last game we actually went on with it and put a shit team to the sword but alas we started slowly so can we turn that aspect around and play a controlled 80 minutes and defeat a team that has some stars and plenty of speed.

Tue team is a work in progress OT

4-5 players short of competing for a top 6 spot

10-12 position is where we are at presently

As the self belief grows and the coaching staff and performance staff work their magic, we can dare to dream about sneaking into 8th spot

TheRev

First Grade

As the self belief grows and the coaching staff and performance staff work their magic, we can dare to dream about sneaking into 8th spot
Yup this.. its a freaking miracle what Flanno is getting out of this roster.. imagine if he had something on par with even the knights or the eels, dogs or souths etc..

Just got to keep upgrading the quality that he has to work with, and we are still at 0 for 2025.. rly hoping the tide is turning.

Old Timer

Coach

Yes 6th is a bridge too far but Canberra & Dolphins sit just 2 points ahead of us and when we play them they are the 2 "absolute must win" games if our season is to have a chance of SF footy.

A lot of swings and roundabouts as well but if we are truly a 7, 8, 9, 10th quality team then we should win our fair share against anyone currently below us.

If we are seeing a false dawn then we will finish bottom 5.

kit66

Bench
he was lazy with a couple of tackles too, he will be looking for a 180 degree turnaround.

Not just Garrick, their backline 1-5 made 35 tackles and missed another 36 with a bunch of ineffectives as well.
Their 4 try hero Talau made 2 tackles for the game - both in the 2nd half, no wonder he has so much energy to run, hopefully we can get Lomax running at him all night, keep him busy.

Crush

Coach
Yes 6th is a bridge too far but Canberra & Dolphins sit just 2 points ahead of us and when we play them they are the 2 "absolute must win" games if our season is to have a chance of SF footy.

A lot of swings and roundabouts as well but if we are truly a 7, 8, 9, 10th quality team then we should win our fair share against anyone currently below us.

If we are seeing a false dawn then we will finish bottom 5.
9 more games and 5 of them are against the top 5 teams in the league. Panthers , Storm, roosters, Sharks, broncos. Now I know we are going along pretty well but we aren’t in any of those teams league at the back end of the season.
Best case scenario is we win 3/4 games against manly, dolphins, bulldogs, titans and finish the season with 10 wins.
At the start of the season my personal pass mark was 10 wins, I’d be very happy with that for Flannos first year.

jeffdragon

Bench
9 more games and 5 of them are against the top 5 teams in the league. Panthers , Storm, roosters, Sharks, broncos. Now I know we are going along pretty well but we aren’t in any of those teams league at the back end of the season.
Best case scenario is we win 3/4 games against manly, dolphins, bulldogs, titans and finish the season with 10 wins.
At the start of the season my personal pass mark was 10 wins, I’d be very happy with that for Flannos first year.
Parra and Canberra last two rounds but we will know where we are by then.

BLM01

First Grade

We have beaten Warriors and Manly with T Turbo already this year. Both those games we played best of 80 mins.
We have done it this year do you remember.

Crush

Coach
We have beaten Warriors and Manly with T Turbo already this year. Both those games we played best of 80 mins.
Beating Manly at WIN doesn’t count, that’s 2 points every year. They are truly jinxed at WIN, did you see how Turbo played that day? Some little kid had a voodoo doll of him and stabbed it every time he got the ball.

Old Timer

Coach
Yes I remember how atrocious they were and how we fumbled and bumbled our way to wins despite being poor ourselves.

Squid1

Juniors
Beating Manly at WIN doesn’t count, that’s 2 points every year. They are truly jinxed at WIN, did you see how Turbo played that day? Some little kid had a voodoo doll of him and stabbed it every time he got the ball.
you want some maple syrup with your waffles ?🤣