What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - v Manly

Dragon David

First Grade
i think maybe the experts have been wrong about the roster as well. Its not that bad and he brought in some quality
I know we can't get too carried away with the recent wins Biglance but as you say the experts could be rong about our Roster just as I have misspelt the word wrong. Maybe the wrongs have righted themselves for us.

We would definitely would have learnt heaps from our big loss against the Dogs (did I say that I hate the Dogs) and after that game we righted the wrongs which I am so proud of them for doing so including the coaches.

What was shown that our guys could do was to keep both the Panthers and Tigers scoreless in the respective second halves, an indication that they can put in and not relent under pressure.

They know that they have a bye coming up after the game against the Sea Eagles and they won't waste whatever opportunity they will have by beating the seaside club and having a well deserved weekend off the following week.

Dragon David

First Grade
I still think our roster is 16th or 17th in the comp.. we sort of burnt 12mths missing players also.. in a better world our roster looks more like the Dogs one with 1st graders eager to sign up.

Hypothetical... I think if Shane Flanagan was at the Tigers he would have that roster firing in front of the Dragons... I like a lot of their players already let alone with Luai as halfback next year... and theirs is the only comparable roster imo.. we have been fortunate to not have too many injuries also...

God knows what Flanno could with a Newcastle, Parra, Sharks, Cowboys roster etc..
Lucky aren't we TheRev?:)

Dragon David

First Grade
100%.. that penrith win was such a big deal.. rly hoping we can get some wins on the back of this good half a season, Cook and POS perhaps ^_^.

If the team believes they can win this game and be resilient in tough times, then we will win.
A very good mate of mine is a staunch Tigers supporter. He has always reminded me that while in the years that the Tigers were doing ok, particularly the first half of each season, he advocates that it is the second half of the season that really matters. He says that following his beloved Tigers is heart breaking because even though they might have had good first half seasons, their second halves have not been and I have noticed that too. Nowadays or should I say nowayears, they have had 5 bad half seasons (2 and a 1/2 bad years).

We have also had years of doing ok in the first half of a comp but capitulate in the second half.

I'm not saying that the Tigers will have a better second half year this year, I'm just hoping that we do - it is the important part of the comp to win most of the games not only to finish higher up the ladder but to build and make ready for the new season.

PO'S definitely will be a massive bonus for us and Cook will also be an asset. A change of club will do him the world of good.

But back to the thread and I say that the good work that our coaches have now done to date will reap more rewards for us with a hard fought win against the Sea Eagles.

Dragon David

First Grade
SUNDAY

Manly Sea Eagles vs St George Illawarra Dragons, 2pm AEST at 4 Pines Park

Sea Eagles team:
1. Lehi Hopoate 2. Jason Saab 3. Tolutau Koula 4. Reuben Garrick 5. Tommy Talau 6. Luke Brooks 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Taniela Paseka 9. Karl Lawton 10. Nathan Brown 11. Haumole Olakau’atu 12. Ben Trbojevic 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong 15. Corey Waddell 16. Ethan Bullemor 17. Toafofoa Sipley 18. Raymond Tuiamalo Vaega 19. Jaxson Paulo 20. Jake Simpkin 21. Aitasi James 22. Aaron Schoupp

Analysis: To come.

Dragons team: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Zac Lomax 3. Moses Suli 4. Max Feagai 5. Mathew Feagai 6. Kyle Flanagan 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Jack de Belin 11. Luciano Leilua 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Tom Eisenhuth 14. Blake Lawrie 15. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 16. Ben Murdoch-Masila 17. Toby Couchman 18. Fa’amanu Brown 19. Michael Molo 20. Christian Tuipulotu 21. Ryan Couchman 22. Sione Finau

Analysis: To come.

Dragon David

First Grade
Big game with bye next week.Brookvale will be a sell out sundy arvo 2pm. Then the dolphins,roosters and broncos need this 1
It would be an unbelievable feeling for us all if we can beat those three teams. Especially the damned Roosters. A good chance against the Dolphins and if Reynolds isn't back for the Broncos, we could be lucky to beat them. Just gotta keep it up, sorry wrong words there but just the same, the boys will have to raise the bar (oops wrong again) to contend against these teams and they can do it. Mind over matter and no team is not beatable this year attitude.

sammymills

Juniors
It would be an unbelievable feeling for us all if we can beat those three teams. Especially the damned Roosters. A good chance against the Dolphins and if Reynolds isn't back for the Broncos, we could be lucky to beat them. Just gotta keep it up, sorry wrong words there but just the same, the boys will have to raise the bar (oops wrong again) to contend against these teams and they can do it. Mind over matter and no team is not beatable this year attitude.

we play broncos with all their origin stars out