What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 Vs Broncos

Gareth67

First Grade
Even though the Broncs are in all sorts and are seen as a basket case in 2020, we should not underestimate them. We will need to score more tries than them and our defence must be spot on like last week.

Keep errors, penalties and the damned 6 again restarts down to the absolute minimum if not none at all.

Dragons by 12.

If our boys can hold them in the forwards we should have a good chance of beating them D.Dave . Hopefully Duffy and Ravawala can continue on their recent improvement .

We seem to have the wood on them up at Suncorp , so may the boys give another good showing.

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Oh ye off little faith ! Hazz they played a very solid game against the Eels - for the full 80 mins. If they can repeat that effort then at the very least it will be a close game , but the broncs are teetering at the moment , right on the brink of oblivion.

May the Big Red V push them over !

And it’s great to see them wearing the choker tag that they threw at us for years
...what goes around ...

I hope Alfie has his legs run off plying them with water under their posts

hazzbeen

Bench
Oh ye off little faith ! Hazz they played a very solid game against the Eels - for the full 80 mins. If they can repeat that effort then at the very least it will be a close game , but the broncs are teetering at the moment , right on the brink of oblivion.

May the Big Red V push them over !
Yes let's hope they punish them , I am feeling confident , that we will roll them ..... If Mary was still calling the shots they may have played them back to form ...... Go the Saints .....

Gareth67

First Grade
And it’s great to see them wearing the choker tag that they threw at us for years
...what goes around ...

I hope Alfie has his legs run off plying them with water under their posts

Yes I had actually forgotten about that insult LINESPEED , ‘92 or was it ‘93 ? Whatever it would appear that all the money in the world ( at least Murdoch’s wallet ) is not doing them much good at the moment .

Old Timer

Coach
I was looking forward to last Tuesday’s selections as I thought it would show a marked difference.

With that not being the case and accepting the position I am now

Looking forward to our attacking plays as there should be a marked difference.

Looking forward to our defence structure as there should be a marked difference.

Looking forward to our bench rotation as there should be a marked difference.

Looking forward to what’s said in presser as there should be a marked difference.

It’s nice to look forward with a chance of not being bitterly disappointed.

Good luck to Dean and “his” team.

hazzbeen

Bench
I was looking forward to last Tuesday’s selections as I thought it would show a marked difference.

Looking forward to our defence structure as there should be a marked difference.

Looking forward to what’s said in presser as there should be a marked difference.

Am I seeing things , reading things , that say Dean is favoured to get the coaching job .... Can't believe they are even stating this ..... The more I look at it he will get the job .... Dad left on leave to show he has nothing to do with it ..... That there shows me the club is heading that way ....

SBD82

Coach

Totally agree.

If Dean Young isn’t able to turn us into Melbourne in defence and the roosters in attack in the space of a week, he is the spawn of Satan and anyone who says otherwise is an apologist.

ALSGI

Bench
Totally agree.

If Dean Young isn’t able to turn us into Melbourne in defence and the roosters in attack in the space of a week, he is the spawn of Satan and anyone who says otherwise is an apologist.
Bit harsh mate, OT would give him at least 1.5 weeks until the team list comes out on Tuesday.

Reactions: jak

SAP58

Juniors
Whilst in my view Dean shouldn't get the job beyond this year I wish him well tonight and I hope the team put in a big effort for him. If he can get Norman playing well and looking interested for the whole 80 minutes he is a genius ! I really hope Jacob Host gets to start or gets big minutes tonight, I think he can be a really good edge runner just hasn't had the confidence under the previous coach wondering whether he was in the team week to week. You dont play Australian Schoolboys without having ability and his game last week is something to build on.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Yes I had actually forgotten about that insult LINESPEED , ‘92 or was it ‘93 ? Whatever it would appear that all the money in the world ( at least Murdoch’s wallet ) is not doing them much good at the moment .

93 I think Gareth.
My brother-in-law & I sat in the same seats for both games & Alfie killed us.
Every time I drive past the hotel the Broncos stayed at in Botany Bay it still hurts FMD.

2018 was sweet revenge & just maybe Bennett can return us another one to balance the ledger
Lachlan Murdoch cost us Bennett stint as well.

hazzbeen

Bench
Deano is on a hiding to nothing.
He wins, the place will be in meltdown that he may be gifted the role, he loses and he's already useless.

Anyway, Go Saints.
Put 40 on those Donkeys.
Exactly this , I haven't got a problem that he is taking over , and I hope he does well , but its what I am hearing that he is the front runner to get the job when he hasn't even been tested .... They keep feeding us little bits here and there that he could end up being the coach ..... That's what gets to me ....

getsmarty

Immortal
Late mail: Round 15 v Broncos
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 21 Aug 2020, 06:55 PM

St George Illawarra interim coach Dean Young has finalised his team ahead of the Dragons' Round 15 clash against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Friday, August 21.

Tyrell Fuimaono's suspension has seen Jacob Host elevated to the starting team and Trent Merrin come on to the bench. Tristan Sailor and Brayden Wiliame join Eddie Blacker as the other players to make way from Tuesday's initial 21-man squad.

Friday night will be Young's first outing as coach of the Dragons following Paul McGregor's final game in charge of the club, a 14-12 win over the Parramatta Eels.

"I consider the opportunity to coach the St George Illawarra Dragons for the remainder of our 2020 campaign as an absolute honour," Young said.

"There were many positives to take out of the Parramatta win last weekend but it's important now that we compete against the Broncos as we did the Eels.

"As a whole, I'm really looking forward to finishing the year strongly, with the process beginning this week to ensure we reach a level of consistency that will make our Red V members, partners and fans proud."

NRL team for Round 15 v Brisbane Broncos –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Euan Aitken– sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
10. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
14 Jacob Host – sponsored by St.George Bank
13. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System

Interchange:
15. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by Bodytech Fitness
16. Korbin Sims – sponsored by TripADeal
17. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
18. Trent Merrin – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/21/nrl-team-announcement-round-15-v-broncos/

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Late mail: Round 15 v Broncos
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 21 Aug 2020, 06:55 PM

St George Illawarra interim coach Dean Young has finalised his team ahead of the Dragons' Round 15 clash against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Friday, August 21.

Tyrell Fuimaono's suspension has seen Jacob Host elevated to the starting team and Trent Merrin come on to the bench. Tristan Sailor and Brayden Wiliame join Eddie Blacker as the other players to make way from Tuesday's initial 21-man squad.

Friday night will be Young's first outing as coach of the Dragons following Paul McGregor's final game in charge of the club, a 14-12 win over the Parramatta Eels.

"I consider the opportunity to coach the St George Illawarra Dragons for the remainder of our 2020 campaign as an absolute honour," Young said.

"There were many positives to take out of the Parramatta win last weekend but it's important now that we compete against the Broncos as we did the Eels.

"As a whole, I'm really looking forward to finishing the year strongly, with the process beginning this week to ensure we reach a level of consistency that will make our Red V members, partners and fans proud."

NRL team for Round 15 v Brisbane Broncos –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Euan Aitken– sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
10. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
14 Jacob Host – sponsored by St.George Bank
13. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System

Interchange:
15. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by Bodytech Fitness
16. Korbin Sims – sponsored by TripADeal
17. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
18. Trent Merrin – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/21/nrl-team-announcement-round-15-v-broncos/
Like that bench; interested to see how it’s used. Go Saints!

boardlumps62

Juniors
Would like to see Tariq in there also but the boys did the job last week deserve another go. Plus Vaughn back and is needed.
Wonder if Mary is kicking back in his cabin down the coast having a Rum and Beer chaser.

Old Timer

Coach
Totally agree.

A bit over the top don’t you think?

Considering how poor we were a marked improvement would still leave us well below either of the teams you mentioned.

Latest posts