What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Parramatta at EAS

I have to say peoples we got a f**king win, lets be atleast a tad positive about that even if it was sloppy, would you rather we got beat by 40?

Rudderriffic

Juniors
Patterson you need to be dropped. Taia you need to be dropped. Taufua you need to be dropped.

Why is stone persisting with these 3. They have hopeless for many weeks now!

And who is going to replace them? Ciraldo? Simpson held together by scotch tape?

We don't have that many forwards fit, ready and able to fill jerseys at NRL level, and you are suggesting to drop three, with no capable replacements.

Spot On

Coach
Patterson you need to be dropped. Taia you need to be dropped. Taufua you need to be dropped.

In the wet, Mullen didn't use his running game nearly enough. Gidley was hopeless apart from THAT kick and our forwards showed less leg drive than our outside backs...

Stone is proving to be like Hagan, except I believe hagan actually had the odd set play!

He certainly isn't playing his best footy. Nowhere near as effective with the ball in hand. Tackle busts and offloads have really dried up the past six weeks. Hope he can find his running game again.

Alex28

Coach
BIHK, mate I'm no defender of Stone but you are kidding aren't you.

Taia has been injured but still holds his head high and I'll argue that Patto has been perhaps the best forward this year.

Seconded. BIHK = not much of an idea.

Rolla

Juniors

Cos ciraldo has been worse with less potential, he had to be the first to go. Add to this that i don't know of many backrowers putting their hand up ready for first grade so dropping four would be insain.

The side needs new blood but not all at once. Keep giving con and edwards runs for a while and perhaps soon blood a back.

Rolla

Juniors
I must say that James Mcmannus is one tough bastard. He has copped some unbelievable hits since his return. He gets up, tastes the blood and asks for more. I'm a fan! Should be more of it.

He is the perfect target, slow, limited footwork, not overly big and stong, but courageous and willing to hit the line.

Not a massive fan but he is a tough bastard il give him that.

Smoo

Juniors
Edwards went well, no worse then any others who played this season.
Although he didn’t get a chance to make many impressions in attack, he ran about 4 times for 40 metres? from memory. he made some solid hits in defence and made some good decision on our line.

Again in a game that should have been won by the forwards we again are sh*t.

Ben Cross 12 (94m)
Richard Fa'aoso 9 (58m)
Zeb Taia 11 (62m)
Cory Paterson 9 (69m)
Mark Taufua 5 (36m)
Daniel Tolar 11 (83m)
Matt Hilder 7 (47m)
Joel Edwards 4 (41m)

Total – 428m

Nathan Cayless 13 (81m)
FuiFui 14 (103m)
N Hindmarsh 16 (100m)
B Oake 4 (19m)
Mateo 19 (154m)
Tim Mannah 15 (101m)
Justin Horo 12 (94m) – played in the centres for about 70 mins tho
Justin Poore 15 (158m)

Total – 810m

Nearly double our metres made in a game made for the forwards extremely soft game from our pack.

Not using that as an excuse, all round it was the poorest game I have ever seen but geez if we play that well for the rest of the year I may just go and watch womens netball, may be more action

Kidley Useless? he made 200 m tonight, sparked our offense when useless Rogers was hooked. only one who was actually trying at all tonight tbh.

Stone needs to go in all honesty, he is useless. we had no game plan at all. In the wet we should have been playing safety first football, forwards made no metres at all compared to Parra. last tackle options where sh*t. he plays wes for 10 minutes ( shouldnt have been in the side to start with) his press conference after the game was " No Doubt about it ' a joke.

Only saving grace was he finally gave Edwards a go.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah sucked in Tahu, you gutless merkin.

What's the bet his pathetic little tanty tonight will somehow be turned into the Knights players being racist against him...

"Many thought that last night's outburst from Tahu was a result of the buildup over the last week. However The Daily Telegraph can reveal that after a tackle, Knights player Barney Gumble accused Tahu of being 'soft', in relation to his exile of the NSW Origin camp a week ago. This condoning of what Andrew Johns's racist comments by Gumble set Tahu off, as the final straw that broke the camel's back."

The next day's headlines:

"Knights Still Racist"

Archduke_Franz

Juniors
Is it just me or does anyone else think Ben Rogers is the worst 5/8 to ever play for the knights? Even much worse then Sean Rudder I think.

Nuffy

Bench
BIHK

Just to add some more weight to your claim, the 3 Dally M points went to Patto, he went that bad.............

perverse

Referee
i can't believe the pasting you guys are giving the team tonight.

look, we were dreadful with the ball. that much is obvious... but were any of you expecting different? what stood out to me tonight, above all else, was our commitment in defence. that was easily our most committed game of the season, even over the dogs win in round 1. as sh*t as we were, the boys DID dig deep... and funnily enough they were rewarded for that by the football gods.

we're really missing a metre eater or 2 in our team... both of our second rowers are more like backs... and run sideways far too often looking to create opportunities. both of them need to pull their heads in a bit and do a bit of running in a straight line. they both had really bad nights with their hands, probably as a result of trying to push the pass and the offload rather than tuck it under and go forward more than anything else. they try and create a try off every play... and are impatient. they are both also very skillful players and if coached properly they will shine (or if the front row does their job better, tbh).

i'm not trying to underplay the fact that we were shocking in attack, but that's really the least of my concerns. i know we can score points. i've seen it plenty of times this year. what i didn't know is whether we could dig in deep and defend. honestly, we showed tonight that we can. Parra were ordinary with the ball in hand too, but they did have their chances and we turned them away. a lot of the drop ball tonight was also from very heavy contact, and our boys muscled up in that respect too. aside from the drop ball, i thought their forward pack was pretty bloody good tonight. whoever was trying to tell me that Poore isn't a good front rower a few weeks back needs to have their head read, too. he's been in bad form this year... but he's still got class in him.

i thought our commitment was excellent tonight... and i was really proud of the effort in spite of the ineptitude with the ball.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
i can't believe the pasting you guys are giving the team tonight.

look, we were dreadful with the ball. that much is obvious... but were any of you expecting different? what stood out to me tonight, above all else, was our commitment in defence. that was easily our most committed game of the season, even over the dogs win in round 1. as sh*t as we were, the boys DID dig deep... and funnily enough they were rewarded for that by the football gods.

we're really missing a metre eater or 2 in our team... both of our second rowers are more like backs... and run sideways far too often looking to create opportunities. both of them need to pull their heads in a bit and do a bit of running in a straight line. they both had really bad nights with their hands, probably as a result of trying to push the pass and the offload rather than tuck it under and go forward more than anything else. they try and create a try off every play... and are impatient. they are both also very skillful players and if coached properly they will shine (or if the front row does their job better, tbh).

i'm not trying to underplay the fact that we were shocking in attack, but that's really the least of my concerns. i know we can score points. i've seen it plenty of times this year. what i didn't know is whether we could dig in deep and defend. honestly, we showed tonight that we can. Parra were ordinary with the ball in ahnd too, but they did have their chances and we turned them away. aside from the drop ball, i thought their forward pack was pretty bloody good tonight.

i thought our commitment was excellent tonight... and i was really proud of the effort in spite of the ineptitude with the ball.

Agree. Makes a difference when you leave a turnstile out of the team. That's a bonus 12 to 18 points for us!

CJG 182

Juniors
Yeah sucked in Tahu, you gutless merkin.

What's the bet his pathetic little tanty tonight will somehow be turned into the Knights players being racist against him...

"Many thought that last night's outburst from Tahu was a result of the buildup over the last week. However The Daily Telegraph can reveal that after a tackle, Knights player Barney Gumble accused Tahu of being 'soft', in relation to his exile of the NSW Origin camp a week ago. This condoning of what Andrew Johns's racist comments by Gumble set Tahu off, as the final straw that broke the camel's back."

The next day's headlines:

"Knights Still Racist"
:clap::clap::clap: agreed 100%
Is it just me or does anyone else think Ben Rogers is the worst 5/8 to ever play for the knights? Even much worse then Sean Rudder I think.
once again, agreed 100%

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
Watched the game.. read the match thread.

We are a team who is performing badly. But tonight a win is a win in terrible conditions.

It's easy to be critical atm, but some people in here need to relax.