What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 V Warriors

franklin2323

Immortal
Well said Murray. There are lot's of reasons why we can't win this can but it is a great opportunity to make a statement we are not finished yet. Our forwards have to roll there sleeves up and do what they can do well and at the same time 90% completion rate on our sets would no doubt help enormously.

Kickoff is 9.30pm NZ time. That works in our favour hopefully we can use that advantage late in the game

Kilkenny

Coach
The Warriors have a very good 1,6,7 & 9 but they can be beaten if we turn up.

Looking forward to see how we go with May and Laui in our halves if only for comparison purposes.

May is just a natural footy player and as such can play pretty much anywhere while Jarome Laui on the other hand he just has that little bit of x factor about him in so much as he is very elusive and has the added attribute of possessing a pretty decent kicking game as a left footer.

tripster

Juniors
The biggest concern for mine against the Warriors is the lack of experience in key positions, with no veteran leader. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is the youngest team (in terms of average age) to take the field in the NRL in a very long time.

For mine, it would have made a massive difference if Wallace could still have played for us in this game.

Our number 7 has played 1 first grade game off the bench. He has never steered a first grade side around the park in a high stakes game. Query if he even really ever steers the reserve grade side around. He strikes me as being more suited as a 5/8.

Our number 6 has played 9 first grade games and is still finding his feet after a knee reconstruction. I was at the Samoa v Tonga game and he was a passenger in the first half when it was intense, and only started to put on some good plays late in the game once it was basically over.

Our number 1 runs the ball up kamikaze style with zero fear, has good pace and is a decent support player, but isn’t a ball player.

Our number 9 has played 10 first grade games.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not intending to be overly negative, and certainly not trying to talk down the long term potential of our players, but it’ll take a miracle for us to win this one. My real concern is that things could go very very wrong, and we could get beaten by 50. The risk for us at this point in the season is we string a few losses to together and our confidence drops, and it becomes hard to turn things around. Confidence is a particularly fragile thing in younger players.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think this game against the Warriors is about desire and wanting to get the job done.

They have it all over us in terms of Shaun Johnson, Blake Green, Isaac Luke & Roger Tuivasa Sheck as well as there wingers but you know what I am probably more upbeat this week than I was against the Sea Eagles.

We needed to beat the Sea Eagles and really should have but at the end of the day it is past history and our season is all about Friday night now.

If we can somehow produce a good performance and get the two points well who knows we could still be competitive for a top four position.

franklin2323

Immortal
I've liked DWZ at fullback though I could see an argument for better ball playing in the 1 being needed.

The last few weeks he has gone more trying to pass. If that is tactics better get a ballplayer back there. He should be following off loads etc instead.

Hope we play well to make decisions like this difficult once Origin is past

mxlegend99

Referee
Should be interesting watching the battle to replace Nathan Cleary in 2019 (i know hes here next year, but hes not getting any better). Hell we should probably move up the schedule and replace him permanently now. Whoever plays better out of May and Luai can partner Maloney for the rest of the year.

Im sure if we try hard we can offload Cleary and recoup some of his salary. I doubt anyone would be willing to cover all of his $300k or so though.

GoldCoastPather

Juniors
Should be interesting watching the battle to replace Nathan Cleary in 2019 (i know hes here next year, but hes not getting any better). Hell we should probably move up the schedule and replace him permanently now. Whoever plays better out of May and Luai can partner Maloney for the rest of the year.

Im sure if we try hard we can offload Cleary and recoup some of his salary. I doubt anyone would be willing to cover all of his $300k or so though.
Why would we do this? Cleary is a quality bloke and player. You just can’t be serious!!!

GongPanther

Referee
The biggest concern for mine against the Warriors is the lack of experience in key positions, with no veteran leader. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is the youngest team (in terms of average age) to take the field in the NRL in a very long time.

For mine, it would have made a massive difference if Wallace could still have played for us in this game.

Our number 7 has played 1 first grade game off the bench. He has never steered a first grade side around the park in a high stakes game. Query if he even really ever steers the reserve grade side around. He strikes me as being more suited as a 5/8.

Our number 6 has played 9 first grade games and is still finding his feet after a knee reconstruction. I was at the Samoa v Tonga game and he was a passenger in the first half when it was intense, and only started to put on some good plays late in the game once it was basically over.

Our number 1 runs the ball up kamikaze style with zero fear, has good pace and is a decent support player, but isn’t a ball player.

Our number 9 has played 10 first grade games.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not intending to be overly negative, and certainly not trying to talk down the long term potential of our players, but it’ll take a miracle for us to win this one. My real concern is that things could go very very wrong, and we could get beaten by 50. The risk for us at this point in the season is we string a few losses to together and our confidence drops, and it becomes hard to turn things around. Confidence is a particularly fragile thing in younger players.

I'm thinking that the Warriors will do a Penrith on Penrith. We'll be in the game all the way up to the final 20 minutes,then inexperience and exuastion will catch up to us,and put on a score.

I'll be very surprised if we can contain this Warriors side the way they have been motoring so far this season.

kinghippo

Juniors
The last few weeks he has gone more trying to pass. If that is tactics better get a ballplayer back there. He should be following off loads etc instead.

Hope we play well to make decisions like this difficult once Origin is past
The less DWZ passes the better.
He has a hideous long pass that is telegraphed worse than any in the comp.
He drops his hands really low before he throws making the pass curve like a rainbow and increases the chance it goes forward.

He is spotting decent attacking options but he doesn’t have the skill to exploit them.
His running is awesome though, he carries with such power, he is much better off focusing on different lines of attack than passing.

Some set plays back inside kikau would cause a few headaches for the warriors, if we are going to beat them it will be on their edges and middle which is a bit disrupted.

franklin2323

Immortal
The less DWZ passes the better.
He has a hideous long pass that is telegraphed worse than any in the comp.
He drops his hands really low before he throws making the pass curve like a rainbow and increases the chance it goes forward.

He is spotting decent attacking options but he doesn’t have the skill to exploit them.
His running is awesome though, he carries with such power, he is much better off focusing on different lines of attack than passing.

Some set plays back inside kikau would cause a few headaches for the warriors, if we are going to beat them it will be on their edges and middle which is a bit disrupted.

That is my thinking for him too. just follow the play and he can tear teams apart

TheFrog

Coach
My real concern is that things could go very very wrong, and we could get beaten by 50.
We could also win by 50 as we did in this game 5 years ago with a side containing Moylan in his 4th game, Isaac John and Luke Walsh in the halves, Kingston at 9, and with such superstars as Travis Robinson, Lewis Brown, Tim Grant, Sika Manu, Adam Docker, Sam Anderson and Clint Newton.

mxlegend99

Referee
MX is spitting the dummy because not everyone thinks Nathan is a future immortal.
No. You've made me see the light. He's not good enough. I stupidly thought a 20 year old half had room for improvement. But as you pointed out his age is irrelevant.

He peaked against Dragons is actually getting worse as this season goes on. Same thing happened to Carty.

Latest posts