What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 Vs Titans

As I said it's recency bias. Our game against Souths was better as far as the halves go. They just look a bit flashy with Luai stepping.

Recency bias can play a part, but look at the tries Luai created tonight. Nathan does have those twinkle toes, he couldn’t have done that.

I'm not knocking them as a combo but it's very much a knee jerk reaction to a good game against a terrible team.

It’s really not a knee jerk, there’s more to it than that. Luai has an X factor Nathan doesn’t, that’d be the case if he put on zero try assists tonight.

Marky Mark

Juniors
Against a Titans team who didn't show up. Come on context matters.

I'm not saying Luai is bad. Next week should be Cleary/Luai with Maloney rested. From next year Cleary/Luai should be the full time combo.
What was the combo against the Titans when we got beaten up there? Yeah, we know it's Cleary/ Luai next year, all I'm saying is that the best combo right now is what we had tonight. Luai poses way more danger in attack - too bad we can't have unlimited interchange & bring Clez on for defence. Before you critique my "Footy IQ" (which is a dumb term that I use with irony), it's just a random idea that would suit our current conundrum.

OldPanther

Coach
What was the combo against the Titans when we got beaten up there? Yeah, we know it's Cleary/ Luai next year, all I'm saying is that the best combo right now is what we had tonight. Luai poses way more danger in attack - too bad we can't have unlimited interchange & bring Clez on for defence. Before you critique my "Footy IQ" (which is a dumb term that I use with irony), it's just a random idea that would suit our current conundrum.

Footy I.Q is just a joke term from Reddit. Nothing to take seriously.

The entire team was horrendous for the start of the year. Yes I know Luai has x factor. I'm a fan and think our spine next year is mouth watering. There is a certain solidness(not actually a word) with Maloney/Cleary since origin 1 that will be good against the top teams. We saw tonight how much we need at least 1 calm head.

Coast panther

Juniors
I’m a bit pissy but here’s my thoughts of the game

Naden improving every week looks a real footballer
Yeo looks good in the middle (would love another gun second rower to bring Martin of the bench during games)
Luai looked dangerous probably his best game since warriors 2018
Kenny love him
Egan looks a prospect and is also slowly improving
Fish gun nuf said
Maloney needs a break but is what we need Cleary to become consistently
Frank Winterstein looked good tonight too! props to him!
To’o love him
Edwards finely looks dangerous
Mansour starting to be reliable meter eater
Reg a few things tonight he did were class
Good win could of put 40 plus on them

Footy I.Q is just a joke term from Reddit. Nothing to take seriously.

The entire team was horrendous for the start of the year. Yes I know Luai has x factor. I'm a fan and think our spine next year is mouth watering. There is a certain solidness(not actually a word) with Maloney/Cleary since origin 1 that will be good against the top teams. We saw tonight how much we need at least 1 calm head.

The strength of next years spine is defence, not attack. I expect we’ll be towards the bottom of the attacking teams in 2020 again.

We’ll be grinding out close wins.

OldPanther

Coach
The strength of next years spine is defence, not attack. I expect we’ll be towards the bottom of the attacking teams in 2020 again.

We’ll be grinding out close wins.

Egan, Luai and Edwards I would say are attackers though. We just had a conversation with you arguing Luai's attack. With Cleary and Kenny being better defensively.

Honestly my biggest issue right now is RCG. He's barely a footballer right now.

age.s

First Grade
I thought RCG was good tonight. Put in a decent shift.

Not worth marquee money ofc. But he's not letting anyone down atm.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’ve just got home. Haven’t listened to the radio, haven’t read anything here so this is my take on the game.

We were very disappointing in my opinion. The Titans were awful from the start and I feel so sorry for Garth Brennan given he will lose his job on Monday.

In respect of our performance, we got the two points, we got the job done but seriously this was not a top eight, top four performance against opposition who basically offered nothing.

Maybe others have been more positive but I came away thinking six on the trot but we have to be so much better than we were tonight. Sorry for the negative but just my take on tonight.

franklin2323

Immortal
I’ve just got home. Haven’t listened to the radio, haven’t read anything here so this is my take on the game.

We were very disappointing in my opinion. The Titans were awful from the start and I feel so sorry for Garth Brennan given he will lose his job on Monday.

In respect of our performance, we got the two points, we got the job done but seriously this was not a top eight, top four performance against opposition who basically offered nothing.

Maybe others have been more positive but I came away thinking six on the trot but we have to be so much better than we were tonight. Sorry for the negative but just my take on tonight.

It is what we do. We have bombed atleast 20 tries this year another 3 bombed tonight

Egan, Luai and Edwards I would say are attackers though. We just had a conversation with you arguing Luai's attack. With Cleary and Kenny being better defensively.

Honestly my biggest issue right now is RCG. He's barely a footballer right now.

Egan has one try and no try assists this year. So far his standout is his tackle efficiency of 90%

Luai is the only natural ball player of the bunch, Edwards is good at running off someone, but he’s not a try creator.

For our attack to go next level Egan either has to start putting on try assists or we need a fullback who can.

franklin2323

Immortal
Our outside backs scored 4 tries in one game tonight, something that hasn’t been done all season.

Im not saying Cleary/Maloney didn’t start to look a little better, but I’d still take a Maloney/Luai combo. We looked dangerous on both sides of the field for once. We weren’t overly reliant on Kikau.

In fact i think all four tries tonight were on the right side, usually our weaker side.

Luai/Maloney are our best halves pairing

Latest posts