What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 V Manly

mxlegend99

Referee
How did that vision help him with the intercept last week? His confidence was down and it showed with his refusal to pass when it was on
He made a mistake against Souths and made sure he didn't repeat it against Sea Eagles. That's not a bad thing.

Good players learn from their mistakes.

No player is perfect. Not even Thurston. Moylan didnt even lose us the game with his mistake. It's not like Kimmorley in golden point for NSW, or Hunt in the GF. Best he or anyone can do is not make the same mistake again.

franklin2323

Immortal
You mean the Souths game? That pass slipped out of his fingers and has nothing to do with his ability. Can happen to anyone.

It would be stupid to move them now. Let them develop. It's why Brandy is there.

How long have you been supporting Penrith? We are a confidence team Moylan is no different. sadly it will take him a few weeks to back his judgement for passes.

We have no options anyway. So no point going on about it

franklin2323

Immortal
He made a mistake against Souths and made sure he didn't repeat it against Sea Eagles. That's not a bad thing.

Good players learn from their mistakes.

No player is perfect. Not even Thurston. Moylan didnt even lose us the game with his mistake. It's not like Kimmorley in golden point for NSW, or Hunt in the GF. Best he or anyone can do is not make the same mistake again.

We are a confidence team. He will back himself soon enough but looked hesitant to throw the pass a few times we had numbers and he went inside or kicked. Safer options but not showing his skills

betcats

Referee
We are a confidence team. He will back himself soon enough but looked hesitant to throw the pass a few times we had numbers and he went inside or kicked. Safer options but not showing his skills

The entire team is lacking confidence in attack and probably our halves most of all. We are playing a limited style of footy, how could any playmaker have confidence in it? We only look confident when our forwards are steamrolling opposition teams, the rest of the time we are rushed, panicky and clunky - The opposite of confident pretty much.

franklin2323

Immortal
The entire team is lacking confidence in attack and probably our halves most of all. We are playing a limited style of footy, how could any playmaker have confidence in it? We only look confident when our forwards are steamrolling opposition teams, the rest of the time we are rushed, panicky and clunky - The opposite of confident pretty much.

That is true. I am sure Brandy has come up with a few set plays at training that we don't seem to use still we play enough average teams to make the semis. Hopefully come off season there is carnage in the front offices, Coaching and Recruitment mainly

OldPanther

Coach

What he said^

OldPanther

Coach
It is funny huh. Manly were 3rd at the time. I didn't know I had to comment on where they finished. Fmd. This anti-Griffin crap is getting more ridiculous.

They didn't finish top 4 so aren't a top 4 team. The rediculous thing is people trying to say they are because we happened to beat them when they were. Tigers were near the top of the table when we beat them in the first few rounds, I guess they were top 4 as well.

Someone tell MX to update his stats because Griffin's record is getting better by the minute.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
It is funny huh. Manly were 3rd at the time. I didn't know I had to comment on where they finished. Fmd. This anti-Griffin crap is getting more ridiculous.

It’s really a basic concept that various sensitive souls on here are crying over because it makes Griffin look bad. Yourself included, apparently.

mxlegend99

Referee
They were a team who went through a form slump. We played them during that. Their position on the ladder kept changing through that slump.

They were only ever keeping a top 4 spot warm for an actual top 4 side. A bit like the Dragons. They were in first place after smashing us Round 1.

I guess beating the Tigers in Round 2 counts as a top 4 victory aswell then? After Round 1 the Dragons and Tigers were in the top 4. Warriors were in the top 8. If occupying that spot temporarily counted theres atleast 6 top 4 teams and a dozen top 8 teams.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
And if the Dragons had won their last game of the season, they would have been in the 8 and Griffin's record against top 8 teams would be even worse, but guess what, we don't count that because, when push comes to shove, the Dragons were not a top 8 team.

franklin2323

Immortal
They didn't finish top 4 so aren't a top 4 team. The rediculous thing is people trying to say they are because we happened to beat them when they were. Tigers were near the top of the table when we beat them in the first few rounds, I guess they were top 4 as well.

Someone tell MX to update his stats because Griffin's record is getting better by the minute.

Less than 10 rounds from the end of the season. We can't be punished because a team fell away. We play Storm in Round 25 if they are a mile in front and rest players and beat them. How can we say we beat the best team?

OldPanther

Coach
Less than 10 rounds from the end of the season. We can't be punished because a team fell away. We play Storm in Round 25 if they are a mile in front and rest players and beat them. How can we say we beat the best team?

You're reaching really badly to defend Griffin. The long term averages all point to the same thing and you're trying really hard to ignore it and just post snarky responses about it the moment someone agrees with you but the facts remain the same. If you don't finish the year in the top 4 you aren't top 4.

franklin2323

Immortal
You're reaching really badly to defend Griffin. The long term averages all point to the same thing and you're trying really hard to ignore it and just post snarky responses about it the moment someone agrees with you but the facts remain the same. If you don't finish the year in the top 4 you aren't top 4.

It is not at all. Stats alone don't say the story. Do you think we beat Cowboys if Morgan and others don't go off? I don't. Yet stats say we beat the Grand Finalists

Things aren't Black and white. Ignoring the grey gives a different story