What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Sharks

Exsilium

First Grade
James Hooper said the Sharks "made a statement" against us. I couldn't laugh harder. They were 1 drop ball away from losing to a reserve grade team :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

It’s because we have a target on our back given how we’ve been able to keep in touch.

Griffin v Gould, Origin halves, injuries and the Moylan split all make for easy and baseless media fodder.

Sharks were way off the mark but we are lacking leadership and experience in the halves. We get that back this week and with some continuity, we will win some games.

There will hopefully be a bronze statue of Gould, Lang and Griffdawg outside Penny Park come November

OldPanther

Coach
I deleted this game of the foxtel twice but it keeps recording so I've decided to watch again.

Normally when we lose the game makes me angry but not this one. For some reason(help me out here?!!) I feel a kind of excited calmness if that makes sense.

unKwn

Juniors
I deleted this game of the foxtel twice but it keeps recording so I've decided to watch again.

Normally when we lose the game makes me angry but not this one. For some reason(help me out here?!!) I feel a kind of excited calmness if that makes sense.
I think in a way it's good for our young guys (luai etc) to experience a loss, as they never have in the NRL. Same reason I wasn't too bothered with NSW losing game 3, as we need to go into the 2019 series with our young players knowing what it feels like to lose an origin.

OldPanther

Coach
I think in a way it's good for our young guys (luai etc) to experience a loss, as they never have in the NRL. Same reason I wasn't too bothered with NSW losing game 3, as we need to go into the 2019 series with our young players knowing what it feels like to lose an origin.

Yeah they wouldn't be very accustomed to that kind of pressure. They seem to win everything coming up the grades and the NRL has higher expectations. Good to temper them early.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I was the same. To an extent it came down to a couple of poor options in attack and the bounce of the ball.

betcats

Referee

It is because we played better footy with a reserve grade side and if we play at that intensity while anything close to full strength and we win against any competition.

betcats

Referee
Makes sense. Like the Dragons game.

Yep for sure.

Despite the loss there is this time there is a lot of positives for us. The main things I took out of it were:

1. The form slump was temporary(wasn’t just a weak warriors side last week)
2. The coach being able to get that young forward pack up for a big game against a veteran outfit was impressive.
3. Our young team bullied those grubby veterans it was fantastic to watch.

A couple passes stick or a couple tackles and we would of won that. Moylan got them home against a spine full of rookies basically.

The sharks have a fantastic forward pack themselves they did well to contain us because we would’ve run straight over most other packs playing like that.