What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Tadpoles (Sharks)

I thought rather than an insult it was the fishy equivalent of baby broncos. Maybe minnows or guppies or mud gudgeons would be better.

And of course tadpoles would be more appropriate for a Queensland junior team.

Come on Frog. Just call us gummy Sharks, or join the Dragon corus line with "the scum"

Get with it man

kinghippo

Juniors
Well the loss of Moylan will make team selection interesting this weekend. It should be a bit of a crystal ball into next year. If smith is fullback we can basically give up on the Moylan to 5/8 calls, unless our coach actually beleives smith to be the next in line for the position, which is the scariest of all options. Dallin will be grumpy and Hardaker won't be hanging around next year, is my prediction, unless one of them get a run. Personally I would give Hardaker a crack, and bring DWZ's bro in for the other wing spot.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
If DWZ doesn't get a run at fullback even now, he can pretty much give up on that ever happening. And if Hadacker doesn't get a run there, what was the point of getting him in?

Basically, elevating Smith would be the stupidest decision of the lot. If he MUST play, put him in the centres, where he at least has been going alright (I assume?) in the reserves.

betcats

Referee
If DWZ doesn't get a run at fullback even now, he can pretty much give up on that ever happening. And if Hadacker doesn't get a run there, what was the point of getting him in?

Basically, elevating Smith would be the stupidest decision of the lot. If he MUST play, put him in the centres, where he at least has been going alright (I assume?) in the reserves.

Yeah Smith isn't even the reserve grade fullback it doesn't make any sense to play him over Dallin or Hardaker. From what ive seen Smith has been doing well in the centres, it takes a lot of the thinking out of the game for him which I always thought was one of his problems, overthinking and being indecisive. At centre he just has run which is his strength.

MrBlack

Juniors
But I think Griffin has a hard on for Smith at Fullback.
NFW that this should happen.

We have Hardaker, supposedly the best fullback in the Super League as well as DWZ the Kiwi winger who both can play fullback.

Blake and Peachy the centres and Hardaker to fullback. Why even pay as much as we did if he isn't going to be properly utilised.....

Blade23

Juniors
I thought rather than an insult it was the fishy equivalent of baby broncos. Maybe minnows or guppies or mud gudgeons would be better.

And of course tadpoles would be more appropriate for a Queensland junior team.

By the way, "tadpoles" doesn't even make sense as an insult. It's a completely different class of animal. You might as well call them "puppies" or "ducklings" or "flukeworms"

I am well aware of Tadpoles comes from another animal. I went with Tadpoles as something silly to lighten the mood after last weeks piss poor performance.Where many of us were annoyed or depressed with the result.
I never gave it much thought to what the equivalent of a baby shark was.

Last edited:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I am well aware of Tadpoles comes from another animal. I went with Tadpoles as sometime silly to lighten the mood after last weeks piss poor performance.Where many of us were annoyed or depressed with the result.
I never gave it much thought to what the equivalent of a baby shark was.

So now you know: it's not a tadpole.

Wacko's Whispers
Panthers will have 1 change with Moylan called up to play Origin, this will see Will Smith start at FB for Panthers with either Akauola or Letoa to come onto bench. Sharks have both Holmes (glute) and Leutele (ankle) in doubt, it’s expected Holmes will play after training mid-week but Leutele is unlikely to play with Mitch Brown set to play at centre. Capewell will have to overcome knee injury to make NRL debut from bench.
http://www.nrlsupercoachtalk.com/wackos-whispers-round-18-2/

Wacko's usually on the mark.

Copperhead

Juniors
Wacko's Whispers
Panthers will have 1 change with Moylan called up to play Origin, this will see Will Smith start at FB for Panthers

Wacko's usually on the mark.

I think this is a good move. Smith is obviously a cut above Hardaker, DWZ and Edwards. Great choice.

I seriously wonder why I spend so much time worrying about this stupid team..

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
It literally makes no sense in any way, from a form point of view, from an eye to the future point of view, from a talent point of view..... it just makes no sense.

murraymob

Coach
Zac Hardtaker is playing for a contract put him at fullback or what was the point of bringing him here. Edwards will get his chance with time .DWZ I highly doubt will be here next contract we cant afford to high priced wingers I wuld also start with Latimore far more effective from the start of games

Latest posts