What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 3Vs Knights Saturday 18th August 3pm Panthers Stadium

Frankus

Juniors
Rcg could have changed the game if allowed to take quick tap... but refs has to NOT let game flow. I think this is a good loss to have in the long run. Hopefully put them on notice to earn right to play footy from beginning of the game. Only changes for me is jfh and egan to start.
The refs didn’t cost us the game. The fact we are absolute shiiiiitttte is what cost us the game.

Exsilium

Coach
We really need a better attacking coach. That blokes been woeful all year.

Talent gets us over the line, not attacking structures.

Wait, that’s been ciraldo.

He’s our head coach now.

In Gus we trust.

kinghippo

Juniors
Well, that was amazing shit.
Did anybody see anything new or exciting.
Somebody give me a positive because that makes me feel like our next 2 years could suck f**king hard

ashton

Juniors
whose idea was it to put Peachy at fullback. Frog you saw today why I said Peachy shouldn't play fullback.
Katoa should never play first grade again.
Mansour career is all but over.

mxlegend99

Referee
Waqa needs to learn to actually pass to Mansour rather than just going back inside.
He was much better linking up with DWZ. Hes nowhere near as good defensively on the left. Nor does he pass aswell that direction.

He's a bit more dangerous with Kikau on his edge. But a right edge of DWZ, Blake and Kikau would be the best bet.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
To me it looked we were and have been trying to hard in general.

In regards to specifics it looks like Tyrone May just didn't pass enough. IMO he's always looked like a backrower who has enough skill to be a stop gap 5/8. I saw some people say we'd do better with him in the team than we do with an injured Maloney. That was never going to happen.

Reckon DWZ should be moved back to fullback, Peach should be moved to 5/8 and Sione hooked for Egan. Egan's a small guy, he can play 80 so we play with a 4 forward bench and Yeo can shift into the centres in case of an injury.

Exsilium

Coach
2 careers overafter that? Wow.

We were shit. But f**k me that's not even our worst game of the year. Broncos game was.

Probably a little irrational emotion in his response.

Sauce has been pretty bad but we know his top form can’t be too far away.

Katoa has been hit and miss. Not sure what’s better, Egan or Katoa starting.

I’d rather Wallace right now.

Maybe the finals week will fire the team up

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Somebody give me a positive because that makes me feel like our next 2 years could suck f**king hard
Tanou really looked like he gave a f**k. I think Ciraldo's really getting the best out of him. Leota played well for the first time since coming back from injury.

chrisD

Coach
Makes sense. The Knights are average but unlike Titans, Raiders and Manly they're not incompetent, so they just saw us out. That's all we've been surviving on.

mxlegend99

Referee
Ciro is not coaching us for the next 2 years. Although even if he was... do you really think 2 weeks is going to be accurate to predict their future?

No pre-season. No player changes. Literally the same everything wr had whileHook was here minus a head coach. Ciro was already part of the staff.

The style has changed. But the discipline has not. Nor will it any time soon. We need a pre-season focusing on these issues.

tripster

Juniors
2 careers overafter that? Wow.

We were shit. But f**k me that's not even our worst game of the year. Broncos game was.

Today was our worst performance of the year. We were disgracefully bad.

Broncos game was bad because of the score line, but that was only because we played a decent side.

Basically all the Knights had to do was stand there and watch us lose the game by ourselves. We might as well have been wearing Knights jerseys.

Our only try came from a complete fluke. Against the worst defensive team in the comp.

We don’t just need a new coach, with the exception of our strength and conditioning coach, we need to replace all of the coaching staff. There is no way if they are half decent at their jobs that we play like we did today.

Perhaps Hook did everything himself because the rest of the staff are f**king hopeless and that is now being exposed.