What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 3Vs Knights Saturday 18th August 3pm Panthers Stadium

mxlegend99

Referee
Phil Gould is deluded thinking we'd have a better chance of winning the comp sacking Griffin with 4 weeks to go and I most certainly am not a Griffin fan. Basically the players are only more confused and the game plan is even more non existent. The attitude of players like Katoa and CHW is rubbish. We're almost certainly playing at least one final this year and based on recent form we'll be embarassed. From the heights of that win over the Dragons mid season to this..
No he isnt. We were on this path under Hook.

It looks unlikely we can take a new path this far into a season. But we were 100% not changing shit if we didnt make a drastic change.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Something I noticed is that ever since Peach went to fullback we've been caught out down the short side a lot not due to poor defensive decisions or offloads but simply not having the numbers. It's the fullback's job to organize those numbers to make sure it's even.

Perfect opportunity today for Nathan Cleary to stand up and be counted, instead he goes missing.

If Ivan comes to the club it could turn into a total disaster if Nathan doesn’t kick on as a half, which to me looks likely.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Perfect opportunity today for Nathan Cleary to stand up and be counted, instead he goes missing.

If Ivan comes to the club it could turn into a total disaster if Nathan doesn’t kick on as a half, which to me looks likely.
Atm Cleary looks like a better version of Pearce. He's tries hard but he just doesn't have those creative plays in him come crunch time like Maloney does. There's something to be said for being Mr consitency and never playing terribly but if Clearly wants a million a season we should let him walk. You want someone to give that money to someone who consistently breaks a game open. At the moment Kikau's the closest to that.

Atm Cleary looks like a better version of Pearce. He's tries hard but he just doesn't have those creative plays in him come crunch time like Maloney does.

Better? Not in attack.

I guess he’s better overall because of his defence & Goal Kicking.

Cleary is always going to look ordinary as the main attacking option, he just doesn’t have it. He needs Maloney or Luai next to him ASAP.

Cleary/May is a terrible attacking halves partnership.

mxlegend99

Referee

Did you even watch today?

Bit hard for a half to step up when his team is struggling to complete a set. Making errors early in tackle counts. Our entire side were pathetic. Exactly how do you propose a half changes how badlyhis hooker isplaying. Or theerrors being made before he got involved?

Not saying he played well. Just that in a performance that bad no one player can fix that shit. Of the shit performances Cleary was less shit thsn.many others.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Better? Not in attack.

I guess he’s better overall because of his defence & Goal Kicking.

Cleary is always going to look ordinary as the main attacking option, he just doesn’t have it. He needs Maloney or Luai next to him ASAP.

Cleary/May is a terrible attacking halves partnership.
I mean he's on his way to being a better version of Pearce. When you hand out big money to a young half you pay for potential after all.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I think Gus gave up on his this year before he sacked Griffin due to the starts we kept giving away post Origin under him. Just the way he's talking when he's asked about our premiership chances this year he kept deflecting the question.

I gave up on our premiership chance when we had 50 put on us by Brisbane. I was already expecting to struggle to win any more games beyond this week but we're so bad right now we can only score 12 points against a team that's conceded the most all year. It would be nice not to be so incompetent though as to lose home games on a Saturday Afternoon to sides like Manly and Newcastle. Speaking personally, they are the last two games I've been able to get out to and both performances were pathetic and I feel fans should get their money back... I thought Griffin was sacked because of performances like that but yet they still occur under Ciraldo. I'd say this was worse than the Manly game because the Knights had nothing really to play for at all other than pride and our players were fatigued by origin and the rep round then. They had a great chance to stay in the top four and then produce that?

Matthew Ellis

Juniors

Bit hard for a half to step up when his team is struggling to complete a set. Making errors early in tackle counts. Our entire side were pathetic. Exactly how do you propose a half changes how badlyhis hooker isplaying. Or theerrors being made before he got involved?

Not saying he played well. Just that in a performance that bad no one player can fix that shit. Of the shit performances Cleary was less shit thsn.many others.
In the first half, yes but we had plenty of opportunities in the second half. There was a period where we had possession on their goal line for quite awhile and came up with no points.

Obviously there were more issues than just Cleary today, but he’s the leader of the team. If he wants a $1 million contract he needs to show more.

I’m focusing on him because his contract is up for renewal and I think the club is about to make a major mistake by throwing too much money at him. If Ivan comes it could turn into a total shit show.

I mean he's on his way to being a better version of Pearce. When you hand out big money to a young half you pay for potential after all.

I don’t see the potential.

He’s hardly ever shown attacking flare. Most of his good attacking plays have come from him doing it himself, not creating opportunity for others. He’s neither good at attacking passing or kicking. His two major strengths are defence and goal kicking, neither are essential for a half.

mxlegend99

Referee
In the first half, yes but we had plenty of opportunities in the second half.
He made no errors (out of 14) Missed no tackles (out of 41) and gave away no penalties (out of 7).

He made a linebreak and setup a linebreak (involved in 2out of 3 we made), forced our only drop out and our first try came from him kicking early on one of the few occassions he could touch the ball before his teammates f**ked up somehow.

TheFrog

Coach
I don’t see the potential.

He’s hardly ever shown attacking flare. Most of his good attacking plays have come from him doing it himself, not creating opportunity for others. He’s neither good at attacking passing or kicking. His two major strengths are defence and goal kicking, neither are essential for a half.
Would not surprise me if his future is at 9.

forced our only drop out and our first try came from him kicking early on one of the few occassions he could touch the ball before his teammates f**ked up somehow.
It was a good kick but the try didn't come because of the kick, it came because the rookie fullback lost the ball when tackled. He did some other good things too, but he needed to take up Maloney's role in the side as far as setting up the attack, and just like in the Broncos final last year when he had to ball-play in place of Moylan, he couldn't do it. Nor could May but you have to cut May some slack because he has recently come back into the side.

Last edited:
Would not surprise me if his future is at 9.

I think it is, but it’s going to take a gutsy call from someone.

He’d be an absolute asset to any team, his defence & Goal kicking are worth their weight in gold. Just not as a half, definitely not as a first receiver.

franklin2323

Immortal
That was our worst performance of the year. Some dumb dumb plays. Slow motion in attack...

We used to beat the bottom 8 teams... That was better than 50% completion rates by halftime

martielang

Bench
Ciro is not coaching us for the next 2 years. Although even if he was... do you really think 2 weeks is going to be accurate to predict their future?

No pre-season. No player changes. Literally the same everything wr had whileHook was here minus a head coach. Ciro was already part of the staff.

The style has changed. But the discipline has not. Nor will it any time soon. We need a pre-season focusing on these issues.

Mate, we got rid of a coach with 4 weeks remaining. If we weren’t looking for short term results, why was it done now??

I hope I’m wrong but this lies at the feet of Gus. I agree, can’t put much fault on Ciraldo.

Latest posts