What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 Saturday 17th March @ Panthers Stadium v Penrith

callmack1

Staff member
I'm honestly really excited for Doueihi's debut as I really like him and id it all goes well, we could have a great dilemma on our hands. If he is outstanding and we're playing well with him, does Reyno automatically come back in?

I also believe Sam will play a bit of second row this game as I don't want Sutto and Gus playing big minutes but he should be allowed to roam, he'd be really dangerous that way.

And yes, we must be targeting their halves. If we can tire both by making them do a lot of defensive work, it will minimise their impact. We all know how good Cleary is on attack but defensively, he can be a target and I'd be sending guys at him all night. He will obviously then tire and he won't have as much of an impact for them in attack. If we do the same to Maloney, his dicipline will hopefully start to faulter.

southsport

First Grade
I'm honestly really excited for Doueihi's debut as I really like him and id it all goes well, we could have a great dilemma on our hands. If he is outstanding and we're playing well with him, does Reyno automatically come back in?

I also believe Sam will play a bit of second row this game as I don't want Sutto and Gus playing big minutes but he should be allowed to roam, he'd be really dangerous that way.

And yes, we must be targeting their halves. If we can tire both by making them do a lot of defensive work, it will minimise their impact. We all know how good Cleary is on attack but defensively, he can be a target and I'd be sending guys at him all night. He will obviously then tire and he won't have as much of an impact for them in attack. If we do the same to Maloney, his dicipline will hopefully start to faulter.
The good part about it is that if Adou is up to spec then there won't be any rush for Adam to return prematurely. Ultimately I'd like to see him on the bench to cover the halves and centres.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Very good points!

I'd have Murray and Sam putting kick pressure onto Cleary too!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Penrith will win this game by as much as they like, basically.
Whilst I think it could be a long night I can't try thinking like that before every single game otherwise it'll be a misery of a year!!!

In the back of my head I know it could get very ugly this season but I'm trying to not think that!!

Itsamansgame

Juniors
And I'm sacrificing my Fantasy points fellas,I have Cleary and Kikau.....OH what we stoop to for the love of the Bunnies!!

callmack1

Staff member
Good to see that defence has been the big focus this week. However, at this stage it's all talk and we must show action.

Kennar confident of Round 2 turn around: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/03/15/kennar-confident-of-round-2-turn-around/

Sutton 'excited' to see Doueihi in action: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/03/15/sutton-excited-to-see-doueihi-in-action/

Tom Burgess prepped for heated battle: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/03/15/tom-burgess-prepped-for-heated-battle/

Crichton ready to 'rip in': https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/03/15/crichton-ready-to-rip-in/

callmack1

Staff member

OldPanther

Coach

Defence won't bother Cleary. He's put on 5kg and in his debut he had the Storm target him and he was one of our best on the day, he's a lot like Cronk in that respect. Maloney is the one you want. Weak defence and good for a penalty.

callmack1

Staff member
Defence won't bother Cleary. He's put on 5kg and in his debut he had the Storm target him and he was one of our best on the day, he's a lot like Cronk in that respect. Maloney is the one you want. Weak defence and good for a penalty.
I completely agree with that but what I meant was, if we send a lot of traffic his way, like any player, he will get fatigued and not be as effective in attack.

Travitoh

First Grade
Yeah the heat won't help. Supposedly to get up to 38 degrees.

Panthers by 14. We'll compete and stick with them for about an hour but the heat and travel from WA will take it's toll against a fit Penrith side who'll score a couple of cheap tries at the end.

OldPanther

Coach
Panthers by 14. We'll compete and stick with them for about an hour but the heat and travel from WA will take it's toll against a fit Penrith side who'll score a couple of cheap tries at the end.

I just have this feeling Souths will be better this week. I rate a few of yours highly and they shouldn't take last weeks results easily.

Latest posts