What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Penrith Panthers (Team List)

azsportza

Live Update Team
WESTS TIGERS TEAM LIST ROUND 2

Gates open:
10.30am - Wests Tigers Members
10.45am - General public
11:00am: NSW Cup Kick-off Wests Tigers v Windsor Wolves
12.45pm: Holden Cup Kick-off Wests Tigers v Penrith Panthers
3pm: NRL Kick-off Wests Tigers v Penrith Panthers
Jersey: Main - orange strip.

BUY TICKETS

NRL TEAM - unchanged from game vs. Knights
1. Tim Moltzen 2. Matthew Utai 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Marika Koroibete 6. Benji Marshall 7. Jacob Miller 8. Jack Buchanan 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Braith Anasta 12. Liam Fulton 13. Adam Blair

Interchange: 14. Matthew Bell 15. Ben Murdoch-Masila 16. Aaron Woods 17. Eddy Pettybourne 18. Joel Reddy

Panthers NRL Team
1. Dean Whare 2. Josh Mansour 3. Wes Naiqama 4. Brad Tighe 5. David Simmons 6. Lachlan Coote 7. Luke Walsh 8. Sam McKendry 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Tim Grant 11. Sika Manu 12. Lewis Brown 13. Nathan Smith

Interchange: 14. James Segeyaro 15. Nigel Plum 16. Clint Newton 17. Jeremy Latimore 18. Adam Docker

Wests Tigers Holden Cup Team

1. Kurtis Rowe 2. Delouise Hoeter 3. Nathan Milone 4. Leva Li 5. Paul Simona 6. Matt Mulcahy 7. Luke Brooks 8. Nathan Brown 9. Nofoa Leapai 10. Kyle Lovett 11. Andrew Vela 12. Salesi Funaki 13. Brenden Santi
Interchange: 14. Shane Lalogafau 15. Andy Figatusa 16. Jake Dooner 17. Manaia Cherrington 19. Daniel Rakvin 20. Manania Rudolph

NSW Cup Team v Windsor Wolves
1. James Tedesco 2. Taqele Naiyaravoro 3. Tim Simona 4. Rory Brien 5. Asipeli Fine 6. Sean Meaney 7. Jack Madden 8. Michael Bullock 9. Masada Iosefa 10. Ava Seumanufagai 11. Jarrod Farlow 12. Sauaso Sue 13. Joel Luani

Interchange: 14. Sean Spence 15. Sitaleki Akaulo 16. David Harris 17. Jy Hitchcox 19. Inno Inosesio 20. Adrian Haangana

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
I wonder if that merkin Moltzen's metal plate in his head picks up 2GB

Would explain the comotose fashion in which he plays

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most teams that play on Monday name an unchanged side the next day.

The Rosco

Bench
Dear Mick,
You seem to be suffering from confusion. You didn't happen to catch the game last night ?
Please do not subject us to another season of WTF !!! ??? selections.

The saying goes . . . if it ain't broke, don't fix it. That does not really apply here . . . what with it already seemingly broke, and all. So I guess please do something positive towards fixing it.

Cheers,
Rosco.

Tiger05

First Grade
Did you guys honestly expect team changes from yesterday less than 24 hours on?

Yes. I expected pretty significant changes. Two second rowers that are not big enough to make an impact, a halfback who has never looked good in the top grade, two wingers who are liabilities defensively and a fullback who runs it back like a pansy. There is a fair few areas that could do with a change.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Koroibete's defense needs alot of work, but no way in the world should he be dropped. Unfortunately he is going to have to learn in first grade.

hutch

First Grade
I don't think this is the team that will run out, but lets start calling for heads on the chopping block if we still look terrible in a fortnight!

Skitz68

Juniors
I dont know what to think of last night . But it is only round 1 . Still it didnt look good.
What i do know is , we need a forward that can man up lead the way and encourage the rest of the pack to have some mongrel . And we need an fix for FULLBACK & HALFBACK bigtime . And possibly look at the wing position definitely not a position for the vertical challenged, no names mentioned .,

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
You guys.....

New coach, new half, several new forwards.

Give the guy a break and give him the first 6 or 8 rounds to set a team.

He's obviously picking based on pre-season form and with a blank canvas.

Its a marathon, not a sprint.

Lets just hold back on wholesale changes for now.

:)

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
You guys might want to start demanding some magic from Mr. Potter, otherwise you'll be fighting it out with the Red V for the holy wood.

We are no chance for the spoon,especially with this drug cloud hanging over 6 or so teams,probably finish 7th from the bottom.lol

Tigers Tale

Juniors
You guys.....

New coach, new half, several new forwards.

Give the guy a break and give him the first 6 or 8 rounds to set a team.

He's obviously picking based on pre-season form and with a blank canvas.

Its a marathon, not a sprint.

Lets just hold back on wholesale changes for now.

:)

I don't think people will necessarily disagree with your comments Triga. If, and I say if we lose to Penrith this week we will go 0 and 2. So if the right team isn't settled very quickly and we give these players 6 to 8 weeks to settle into the team and we only end up winning only a few games we have a problem. Imagine after 8 weeks we are 1 and 7, where to from there?

You compare it to a marathon and not a sprint, I couldn't agree more. If we give too big a start to some teams we will never catch them. I think this will be one of the tightest comps for a long time and there is no way we can give other teams too big a start....

We as arm chair coaches can pick a better team than is running onto the paddock. We might not know all about injuries etc but I can see Utai and Moltzen no longer fit the game as it is now.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we started making the changes everyone is having a whinge about, your will all be having another whinge about their replacements a few weeks later. During this time however, you will be whinging about the coach making so many changes.

- Give Miller a f**king chance. Considering the whole team sucked ass last week you can't put the blame on him.
- Moltzen will be replaced by Tedesco soon enough. Replacing Moltzen with anyone other than Teddy in the meantime would be stupid.
- I agree that Utai could be a huge issue on the wing but who are we really going to replace him with? Numofala will have issues as he has no FG experience
- The only changes I would want to see is in the back row. I would really like to see Bodene Thomson and Pettyborne get a run this week, especially with the shithouse performance of Anansta and Fulton

Tiger05

First Grade
Give Miller a f**king chance. Considering the whole team sucked ass last week you can't put the blame on him.

He has had plenty. Why not let him develop and see if he is good enough in reserves.

Moltzen will be replaced by Tedesco soon enough.

Do it now then.

I agree that Utai could be a huge issue on the wing

So give someone else the role. To be fair I think it is hard to crucify Utai based on his performances over the last couple of years.

The only changes I would want to see is in the back row. I would really like to see Bodene Thomson and Pettyborne get a run this week, especially with the shithouse performance of Anansta and Fulton

I think that we have to get a pack that can dominate. I can't see that happening with Anasta and Fulton in the back row together. I don't get how Pettybourne has been given a starting 2nd row spot.

I think that our pack can do well especially because we have a couple of real quality props but this worries me because they have the ability to hide our backrow issues. We'd be a lot better with a bigger backrow.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
4 or 5 is not plenty dickhead.

f**king grow up. We get it. You don't like Miller & want him to fail. But he deserves at least as good a chance as Lui got.