What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Wabbits

Girds89

Bench
Lol garner is by far our quickest forward, go back an watch his try against manly.
I thought he played well lastnight

He's not quick tho.

He's not going to be burning players with speed..

He did play well albeit a long way to go to get up to standard but it was nice to see a big chuck of improvement.

If he can continue to improve over the next 6-12 weeks than I'll be really happy..

It's early in the season I know but early signs aren't great for tago and turuva getting any quality ball. All they did last night was take hit ups..

Garner obviously just doesn't put fear into a defensive line like others can so I think we need to be really creative on that edge.

In the middle patches of the game when garner is off having a breather and the other teams fatigued we should be trying things.

Was good to see Martin shift over last night but moving him over after 60mins.. what can we expect when the tanks 75% gone.

When garner goes off for a breather is when we should put Spencer there in attack or Sorensen.

See if having them run on the outside of luai helps attract some defenders and get tago etc some good ball.

Black Magik

Juniors
I thought I would check the apparent knock on for the Penrith second try.

Black lines using the markings to position the ball from Garner then moved to the second image. Ball is behind the line. Same with the red lines. From where Luai picked it up moved to the first image showing the ball in front (so backward release)

1678413453227.png

Exsilium

First Grade

Black lines using the markings to position the ball from Garner then moved to the second image. Ball is behind the line. Same with the red lines. From where Luai picked it up moved to the first image showing the ball in front (so backward release)

View attachment 71065

It is no different to the call going Souths way when Illias got folded and the ball spewed out. Both were play on calls. Difference is, ours led to a try.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Garner is not an 80min player, nor has he played 80mins for us yet, Salmon subs for him at 25-30 to go, for trials, and 1st 2 rounds, if he IS a 80minute player at the tigers, that is probably why they were graced the wooden spoon, while we reigned supreme last season... im fairly sure he wasn't playing 1st grade for the 2nd half of last season, or atleast on the bench.... at the tigers... why the f**k are we starting him, let him come off the bench, give hoskings a go, fmd give peachey a go, anyone but plod
I was ok with Garner signing cause I didn't think he would be putting him in left edge. After 3 games of watching him play, I think he needs time in reserves.

Martin or Sorrenson need to start on the edges. I don't think Garner should be written off yet, but he needs time, but prefered in the right for me.

Exsilium

First Grade
We're so spoilt at Penrith. Whenever we have a good junior and we cast out a current first grader with the idea our juniors will just switch on and become a FG regular.

MugaB

Coach
We're so spoilt at Penrith. Whenever we have a good junior and we cast out a current first grader with the idea our juniors will just switch on and become a FG regular.
Our is betters than theirs, hands down, id rate Maverik Geyer over Garner, im sure that's the plan, maybe in a season or 2 tho

Girds89

Bench

Haha cmon mate.. as said in commentary turbo was a long way put of position and he caught up..

He was already on the outside of the slowest 5/8 in the comp in foran who has had more injuries than just about anyone. And Morgan harper looked Luke he was jogging.

Yeah he'd be our quickest forward but he's not quick.

Tbh I think Spencer would have him covered over 15 to 20m.

Exsilium

First Grade
Our is betters than theirs, hands down, id rate Maverik Geyer over Garner, im sure that's the plan, maybe in a season or 2 tho

I am confident we can keep producing juniors, it's our strength but realistically, we need the Garners, Capewells, Tetavano's etc.

If I was the club, 2023 would be about doing as well as we can with one eye on the future so we can bring our 'Windows' (Hate that term) closer together and not going a decade between trophies.

Girds89

Bench

View attachment 71065
They get called knock ons 9 times out of 10.

Knock on was the correct call as he lost it on the ground.

There try off the pass on the ground shouldn't have been a try either.

Overall they got the rub. Nathan's kick was 100% a 40/20... and the luai challenge should've been over turned.

Coast panther

Juniors
Haha cmon mate.. as said in commentary turbo was a long way put of position and he caught up..

He was already on the outside of the slowest 5/8 in the comp in foran who has had more injuries than just about anyone. And Morgan harper looked Luke he was jogging.

Ive never seen Martin do that

Exsilium

First Grade

Explosive speed and distance speed are two different attributes but yes, I'd say over 15-20m, most of our pack would be relatively quick.

For instance, Edwards is no speedster but put him a distance footrace and he can maintain top speed enough to get to the try line.

Speed is relative to the output of energy required. Then you add in game fatigue, fitness and muscle reactivity and speed becomes a very subjective topic.

MugaB

Coach
Explosive speed and distance speed are two different attributes but yes, I'd say over 15-20m, most of our pack would be relatively quick.

For instance, Edwards is no speedster but put him a distance footrace and he can maintain top speed enough to get to the try line.

Speed is relative to the output of energy required. Then you add in game fatigue, fitness and muscle reactivity and speed becomes a very subjective topic.
Then put him in centre, and we'll stick tago on the edge back rower position, he runs over most of the plebs in the nrl anyways

Fangs

Coach

“It’s really disappointing because we don’t represent the Roosters in that way. That’s not how we want to act as Roosters,” Robinson said on Friday morning.

“Whether we like it or not, they were wearing our colours. We have to accept that, but that doesn’t make them a Rooster.

“If you want to act like that, abuse people and do it racially like that, then that’s not who we are and that’s not who we want to be. We need to get better than that.

“From us, apologising from the Roosters to Latrell is important, even though it’s not directly one of our fans who support us who did that. That’s not right.”

---

Good stuff from Robinson and the Roosters.

Exsilium

First Grade
Then put him in centre, and we'll stick tago on the edge back rower position, he runs over most of the plebs in the nrl anyways

I think this will happen next year or maybe after. Tago has good presence of mind in defence. His attack is handy but I think he has great timing in defence, a necessity for the current NRL centre.

I was never sold on Tago at centre until the end of 2021. Again, we're spoilt for choice but I think we have a good balance right now.