What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Wabbits

Kilkenny

Coach
Haven’t watched a replay, not even a highlights reel.

Disappointing last ten or so, but the other 70 minutes was pretty good even if still clunky in attack.

Kilkenny

Coach
Dogs tonight playing unpredictable tore Storm apart.

Our defence
With our kicking game is unbeatable if we can get half of that
The Storm need there best 17, there depth is lacking and they were exposed tonight.

Credit to the Bulldogs, they capitalised on the sin binning and put on 10 points to go out to the 16-0 lead. The Storm were never coming back from there, just not enough points in them.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Just on Brown his biggest asset is his offload
Cleary coaches the offload out of players safety first footy it’s why he would not work at penrith

Just on Brown his biggest asset is his offload
Cleary coaches the offload out of players safety first footy it’s why he would not work at penrith
I brought it up because we have positions next season that need to be filled. He would be a good gap stop for 2 years until we have others who are ready from within. Tactics need changing and his offloads might be something we can work on.

WestyLife

First Grade
Alright yes but would they beat say Manu and Tupou to the ball if Nathan kicked to a corner.

That is blistering speed, We aren't slow but aren't exactly speedy

That is what seems to be missing the ability to put something out that the opposition isn't prepared for or can't stop

This wasn't an issue the last 3 years. Api and Kikau are the only two we don't have a direct like for like replacement.

Iamback

Coach
This wasn't an issue the last 3 years. Api and Kikau are the only two we don't have a direct like for like replacement.

And that is why the side needs to adapt. Playing the same style won't work because teams will back themselves to stop Kenny because he is slower. Same with Garner

Api had 5 tries and 12 try assists last year
Kikau scored 9 and had 8 try assists.

That alone is a try a game we have lost, That is without the off the ball stuff that Kikau in particular would create.

Hence my question about where we can find the extra try or so a game needed

Iamback

Coach
The Storm need there best 17, there depth is lacking and they were exposed tonight.

Credit to the Bulldogs, they capitalised on the sin binning and put on 10 points to go out to the 16-0 lead. The Storm were never coming back from there, just not enough points in them.

They have gone hard to keep their spine together and it has cost them in other positions but still their defence is normally very strong

WestyLife

First Grade
And that is why the side needs to adapt. Playing the same style won't work because teams will back themselves to stop Kenny because he is slower. Same with Garner

Api had 5 tries and 12 try assists last year
Kikau scored 9 and had 8 try assists.

That alone is a try a game we have lost, That is without the off the ball stuff that Kikau in particular would create.

Hence my question about where we can find the extra try or so a game needed

The original discussion was about height and speed. this comment is a totally different issue.

Iamback

Coach
The original discussion was about height and speed. this comment is a totally different issue.

It isn't though.

We ran 2nd in 2010 only scoring off kicks, Kyle Feldt has been a master of out jumping the rival as such Cowboys had that play up their sleeve. So too Roosters with Tupou

Do we have such a player? Maybe Crichton

Alex Johnson/Addo Carr use their speed and often pull tries out of nothing.

Again who do we have for such a thing?

No issue replacing Kiks and Api will safe and dependable players but you need to cover the other side of the game somehow

WestyLife

First Grade
It isn't though.

We ran 2nd in 2010 only scoring off kicks, Kyle Feldt has been a master of out jumping the rival as such Cowboys had that play up their sleeve. So too Roosters with Tupou

Do we have such a player? Maybe Crichton

Alex Johnson/Addo Carr use their speed and often pull tries out of nothing.

Again who do we have for such a thing?

No issue replacing Kiks and Api will safe and dependable players but you need to cover the other side of the game somehow
but we made 3 GFs without those players. It's not mandatory as you're saying.

Iamback

Coach
but we made 3 GFs without those players. It's not mandatory as you're saying.

Of course it isn't but we lost 3 Origin players and a 2nd rower that can do things others can't. Replaced them with plodders hence my question,

I will put it simplier.

We all know Garner can't do what Kikau can, So who is going to cover what the side loses without him?

CCJohnC

Juniors
Of course it isn't but we lost 3 Origin players and a 2nd rower that can do things others can't. Replaced them with plodders hence my question,

I will put it simplier.

We all know Garner can't do what Kikau can, So who is going to cover what the side loses without him?
Ditto my previous comments on your threads.

Iamback

Coach
Ditto my previous comments on your threads.

This time last year, I got carved up for saying we wouldn't lose before magic round.

the year before I said even without Cleary we'd still stay up the top... Still was carved up.

There is nothing you can say without someone carving you up on here. You don't want to read no one is forcing you too

GongPanther

Referee
Haven’t watched a replay, not even a highlights reel.

Disappointing last ten or so, but the other 70 minutes was pretty good even if still clunky in attack.
Something Penrith have to address is being a bit more thoughtful when crossing the line as we bombed another three tries. Gotta watch the game again, but I thought if Garner just slides over the line no probs.

Latest posts