What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Penrith

Dea

Juniors
We didn’t play great but were still in the contest at the end. In recent years Penriff would have put 40 on us. This is a much better team with an improved attitude. Burgess and Sims will be better for the run. Su’a is going well. Lomax had a mixed night while Suli didn’t see enough ball and Ramsey caught a cold in the wet. Partnerships are still developing. Handling and discipline still a work in process.

Illusion

Bench
We didn’t play great but were still in the contest at the end. In recent years Penriff would have put 40 on us. This is a much better team with an improved attitude. Burgess and Sims will be better for the run. Su’a is going well. Lomax had a mixed night while Suli didn’t see enough ball and Ramsey caught a cold in the wet. Partnerships are still developing. Handling and discipline still a work in process.
On tonight's effort they will improve and 5th or 6th not beyond them ..... but as I say as long as the same effort continues .......

Dragon David

First Grade
Amone needs a lot of time in reggies....he's not a first grade 5/8 yet...i thought he was ready but he looks very very tentative on the ball Mbye at 5/8 for me ....
That is also my opinion I'm afraid to say. His combination with Hunt isn't good. They need Sullivan at half and Amone to be outside him. But the concern for me is that Amone is just not ready for the NRL. Sloan certainly is.

Hunt not quick enough at the moment with no darts and appears a bit indecisive because of Amone not completely gelling.

Even still, our forwards did well and to outscore them in the second half is a good sign.

Penrith will be hard to beat by other teams and we nearly caused a boilover. iIf Rava took that pass from Lomax in the dying minute of play I'm sure he would have levelled the scores.

I'm glad we do not have to play Penrith again in the regular season.

moes

Bench
Agree except Lomax didn’t have a mixed night, he had a shocker

Dragsters

First Grade
I'd give him this rating...

Throw Away Dirty Work GIF by MOODMAN

(Ref rating)

RUBBISH!

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
What impressed me tonight is that the boys didn’t throw in the towel given all the circumstances.

All the forwards had a serious crack.

Bird/Sua/Lawrie/Molo/Sims/JDB/Burgess/Kerr played with grit.

Ben Hunt’s aware under pressure early was poor. No kick charge down try and we win despite poor ball control for long periods.

Penrith’s fast line speed unsettled the halves.

Macca’s slow dummy half service compounded the problem.

Disappointed by some of the refereeing decisions. Sua deserved a better fate.

We need to get cleaner ball to the edge of the ruck.

Suli is being under-utilised.

Mbye showed good poise. He has already justified his signing.

Better times ahead.
Good report SF.

kit66

Bench
You just get so sick of this team, year after year going to shit, shooting ourselves in the foot when just a little discipline would win us some of these types of games. I blame the endless procession of spineless coaches and their assistants contantly making excuses for the players when they should be absolutely tearing strips off them a la Bellamy, demanding quality and results. Instead we have Lomax - 6 errors, 1 penalty and a sin bin, always near the top in the league for errors every year but we keep handing him a jersey. Lucky he can kick goals. And others bringing us undone with stupid errors, dropsies, bad decisions, useless off-loads, late tackles, pointless kicks etc. Dragonball.
If I was Hook I'd be furious that we did the hard work and then blew it time after time, threw it away and gave those smug bastards the 2 points.
Yes the refs are crap but they're crap every week. Unfortunately so are we. Yes we played good in patches but so what, we lost.

jeffdragon

Bench
Great game by Sutton and bunker..
They deserve a Oscar for that performance.
Game finished after 8pm.
Says how the game was stop start.
We didn't respect the ball.
The two sin bins especially the Lomax one was a joke.
Panthers repeatedly slowing the game down.
Watching roosters game repeated infringements and not even a sin bin close to their line yet we get two.
f**k that.
We were steaming home but we couldn't do it.
Panthers know they were lucky to get away with that
Proud of the boys for their effort especially in the 2nd half.
Plenty of improvement and holding the ball hopefully we can challenge.
Proud but also disappointed we fell short..

qld redvee

Juniors
like its been mentioned before the team came back to nearly get the bikkies instead of dropping heads and conceding a heap of points . One thing I noticed Lawrie seemed to be on the field for a lot of the 2nd half and I thought he needed a spell to put a fresher body on .......
lot of good things out of the game and lets put a number on the sharks

BBTB

Juniors
Penrith laid all over the ruck and didn’t move. Last year these would have been rest restarts but this year nothing was given. Or it may just be because it was Penrith so they were not penalised for it. Knee to the head resulting in Bird being ordered from the field for HIA, but no penalty…
Had tobe the worst refereeing of a game of rugby league I've seen. Penrith offside all night.
And that's not defensive line speed, that's s metre offside all night.
Our half combination was poor, because Panthers offside.
That referee should be relegated to linesman.
Despicable and blatant orchestrating of the game.
Heads should be on the block. The Greg Bird incident
has tobe investigated by the NRL.(knees in the face ,no penalty,then he gets taken off, WTF.)

Smug Panther

First Grade
Yep nobgameplan from Hook, told yas. Injuries and silly HIA calls kept it closer than it needed to be. No chance you make the 8

qld redvee

Juniors
and interesting in hooks after game interview
he " thought" after last week that as osullivan laid on the ground for a good while that constituted a category A concussion which meant he should have been off for the game .. will be interesting to see if NRL reply - no doubt it will be ruled as B because he only got hit on the body and there was no head contact .. lets see what happens

Dracarys

Juniors
Amone is a worry at 5/8 too quiet for crucial position like the 5/8
Too content to trot around & pass to whoever’s on his outside. One kick for a line dropout? Took the line on 3 times with the same right foot step for no result. Looked unlikely the whole game.
Similar lacklustre effort last week that was overlooked bc of the win.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
just over bullshit rules for different teams , we got our hearts torn out last year, Ravas second suspension was just Bullshit
Different rules for different teams is right. The Panther's second half challenge for Amone's 'strip' was identical to something in the Roosters Manly game that was dismissed by the commentators and bunker as a 'loose carry' almost immediately. Would be good to get our hands on the Roosters copy of the rule book!